SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pastor James McConnell: Trial begins over Islam broadcast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Yip at the start of any sermon where you are about to address a hot topic you could always start off with a disclaimer, covering the basic tenets of Christianity towards people.

So if they do drag you to court you can always point to the disclaimer at the start of the sermon.

2016/1/8 4:31Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

I don't understand why preachers have to preach "against" anything.

No one has to preach against homosexuality, it seems to me that all one has to do is present scriptures on fornication.

I'm sure God would be quite pleased with us just presenting HIS word as opposed to our word on the subject.

And for other religions, preach the wonderfulness of Christ's birth and how He alone is Lord of lords and King of kings and leave every other religion out of it.

There is so much wonderful good news in the Scriptures!!!

2016/1/8 8:15Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Isaiah 56:10 says that His watchmen who do not warn the people “are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.”

Every preacher in the land needs again to hear the word of God in Isaiah 58:1 “Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.”

hem that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear. – 1 Timothy 5:20

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. –2 Timothy 4:2

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith. – Titus 1:13

2016/1/8 15:22Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

I am in total agreement with all the verses you've presented, brother!! They can be accomplished by not preaching "against" something but by presenting the Word!

God bless,
Lisa

2016/1/8 23:11Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Lisa - it doesn't matter what you do you'll still be hated.

2016/1/9 5:18Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by murrcolr
Lisa - it doesn't matter what you do you'll still be hated.

Amen brother! We need to make sure we're hated because of the Holy Spirit and His ways, not our own ways.

It's a narrow-way, not a narrow-minded way.

God bless

2016/1/9 10:51Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Certainly the pastor mention on this thread would not have been in court if he had not said what he had said..

But does that make the pastor a narrow minded aka a bigot?

What about the Street Preacher In Scotland arrest by the Police for calling homosexuality a sin. Does that make the street preacher a narrow minded aka a bigot?

2016/1/9 12:46Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Colin, it was not my intention to start a war with you and neither were my comments “against” you or any other person, that you choose to put in the context of “aka a bigot.”

Didn’t you say at one time that you’ve been called to be a prophet? The only reason I ask is that around thirty five years ago in a meeting I was in, it was another prophet who spoke by the Holy Spirit: “it’s a narrow-way, not a narrow-minded way.”

I have never got the feeling that through that statement the Lord was calling anyone a bigot.

2016/1/10 8:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
by Lysa on 2016/1/8 23:11:24

I am in total agreement with all the verses you've presented, brother!! They can be accomplished by not preaching "against" something but by presenting the Word!

"Presenting the Word", is not a neutral thing. The Word is against many things, namely the world, flesh, sin and Satan. The world wants to shut up Christians, completely.

There is no way to present the Word in a neutral way. Someone will always be offended.

Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Just preaching about Jesus being the only way offends the majority, and then you are accused of religious bigotry.

2016/1/10 12:18
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Lysa - I was just clearing up what you meant; because they way I understand what the word bigot means - is small minded.

This preacher who prepares people for false accusation by saying: If you follow the standard of the Bible, you will be accused of being a narrow-minded, old-fashioned bigot; and you will be viewed as being unreasonable.

He also links the accusation of narrow-mindedness to bigotry.

Another prophet once said: he who is not with me, is against me and the one who is not against you, is for you.

2016/1/10 16:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy