SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the Church Israel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
yuehan

Re:

Chris,

Quote:
During those initial readings, I never once suspected that God had ended a covenant with His chosen people. Yes, I understood the immensity of that new covenant -- and how it is a better covenant through the Son. However, in all of my readings of God's Word, I never perceived some of the things that many people are now saying about Israel -- as if God has dropped the old covenant with the replacement through the new covenant.

Rather than dwelling on whether the Mosaic Old Covenant ("the Law", in Paul's terminology) has ended, it's worth pondering:

(i) How could a person fulfill the Old Covenant today?

(ii) What is the stated purpose of the Old Covenant?

(iii) Can a person be both under the Old and New Covenants today? What extra benefits would the Old Covenant confer?

Paul does write a lot on the matter, and provides comprehensive answers - c.f. Romans 6:14, Gal 3:24-25, Gal 3:29.

God's covenant with Abraham is separate from the Old Covenant bequeathed to Moses. Certainly, God's promise of giving the land of Israel to Abraham's descendants was unconditional. The question is then - who are Abraham's descendants?

In Gen 13:15-16 - " For all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever. And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered."

Reading that in conjunction with Hebrews 11:12 and Romans 4:18, we understand that Abraham's descendants are the children of faith.

From a previous post:

"In John 8 and Romans 9, it is made clear that the children of Abraham and those who are in Jesus Christ. Christians are the real Jews (Romans 2:28-29).

Hence my take on this issue is that the land of Israel has been given to Christians by God through Abraham. But we do not have the prerogative to take the land by force - there is no need for that, because Christ will reclaim the land for Himself. This especially makes sense if you believe that the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ on earth would be fulfilled literally."

I would again stress that this in no way negates the purposes that God has for the nation of Israel (c.f. Luke 21:24 - "And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."). Ultimately, however - the land belongs to God who will give it to the true descendants of Abraham as a permanent inheritance someday.

2015/12/5 2:13Profile
yuehan

Re:

Thanks markuskiwi for sharing that.

Yes, iron does sharpen iron :) May we "all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God", and reflect "the stature of the fullness of Christ" - in both word and deed.

2015/12/5 2:24Profile
timg

Re: Is the Church Israel?

I am having a hard time figuring out the end game of this thread. On the one side I have heard that the nation of Israel is Gods chosen land and the Jews are Gods' chosen people. God made a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and that covenant is still in effect. I am assuming that most important part of that covenant is the physical land itself. The fulfillment will be completed in the literal 1000 year reign of Christ.
The point some are making is that the promises were made to spiritual Israel, the seed of Abraham by faith. The emphasis is being spiritual, Christ being the fulfillment of the promises.
Obviously this is an extreme simplification of the views but I think that is the jist of it

Of course what you believe effects your eschatology,but my question is what does it mean for today. How does it effect your attitude as a Christian Jew or non Jewish person today.I particularly want to hear from my Jewish brethren. If you believe in the literal fulfillment, how does that effect you today?

2015/12/5 5:56Profile

Re:

I did not know that there were Christians who believed that both covenants still exist side by side. I do know that there are Christians who are encouraging the Jewish people to rebuild the Temple and re institute the Temple sacrifices. I guess, that means they believe both covenants still co-exist. Stupid me, I never realized that.

So, if two covenants co-exist with one another, then if the Jews rebuild the Temple and institute the temple sacrifice is God obligated to honor the sacrifice of bulls and goats and forgive them? Wouldn't He be trampling on the blood of Christ Himself? Hebrews says Christ is the "better sacrifice".

Paul says the Old Covenant answers to "Jerusalem which now is" (or below) and is in bondage with her children. Why would God be supporting the Old Covenant? He would be supporting the Jewish people staying in bondage.

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to JERUSALEM WHICH NOW IS, and IS IN BONDAGE WITH HER CHILDREN

He has brought a better covenant, and better promises to truly set men free. The Jews were looking for a Messiah that would set them free from their physical enemies and it seems they are still looking for a Messiah to do the same. Should the Church be encouraging Israel today about a physical Savior or a Spiritual Savior?

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a BETTER COVENANT, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

The first covenant had a "WORLDLY SANCTUARY".
Heb 9:1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a WORLDLY SANCTUARY.

God now dwells in "temples made without hands", and is our sanctuary and "true tabernacle".

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the TRUE TABERNACLE, WHICH THE LORD PITCHED, and not man.

Perfection cannot come through the Levitical Priesthood, so if they rebuild the Temple and re-institute the Temple Sacrifice, it will only be an abomination in the sight of God, because THEY WILL BE REJECTING HIS SON AND THE SACRIFICE THAT HE MADE as the "Lamb that taketh away the sins of the world." So the priesthood was changed, the law was changed (written in our hearts) and the covenant was changed by the bringing in of a new covenant.

What further need is there for a New Covenant if perfection came from the Levitical priesthood?

Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

The Old Covenant has actually been disannulled.

Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Christians that are pushing for the rebuilding of the Temple and searching for a Red Heifer without spot and blemish are doing the Jews a disservice, by keeping them in blindness. Disservice is too nice of a word, they are deceiving the Jewish people by agreeing with them in regards to the rebuilding of the Temple and staring up sacrifices, again.

All of these things in the OT were shadows and types and figures of Christ. The way into the HOLIEST OF ALL was not yet made manifest with the first tabernacle.

Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all WAS NOT YET MADE MANIFEST, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:9 WHICH WAS A FIGURE for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

2015/12/5 8:27
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Julius21
nobody here supports building the 3rd temple or dual salvation - Jews through law and Gentiles through Christ. You made this up.

Nobody disputes that the Jew and Gentile can only be saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and that there is neither Jew or Gentile in Christ. Nobody denies the fact the the majorityJews had rejected their Messiah and the the gospel therefore came to the Gentiles.

The issues is that the Gentiles owe the gospel to the Jews, and receive the mercies that were originally ordained for the Jews. Though the Jews rejected Christ and suffered the destruction of the temple, the conquest of Jerusalem and expulsion from the land, God is not finished with them. During the great tribulation 144,000 from the tribes of ethnic Israel will receive the seal of God and will go out a make great exploits for Christ.

In the end the gospel will run full circle back to them and the majority will finally accept their Messiah when he comes back again to save them out of great distress from their surrounding enemies. That is what Paul refers in Romans 11
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

We Gentiles are the wild olive shoots that are grafted into the the holy olive tree of Israel and become partakers of its mercies.

Replacement theology believes the holy olive tree is irrelevant now and became a complete gentile entity. This is absurd, even from a biological view.

Allow me to use a simple metaphor I used for my kids to explain Gods plan of salvation in respect to Jews and Gentiles.

Father and mother call their children to come home from playing in the neighborhood and have dinner.
The kids do not want to come and continue to play outside. Mom calls many times but they do not come. Too much fun playing outside. As nothing avails, Mom devises an idea. She shouts out "Alright children, as you wish, dinner is ready to be served and I do not want see it spoiled. I am going to invite those kids from a poor neighborhood that you do not like to hang out with." She goes out and invites scores of kids from the poor neighborhood some blocks away. The poor kids gladly go home with her and she feeds them all.
While it is getting dark and cold outside, her own kids peep through the window seeing all these poor kids eating with faces aglow. Tears run from the cheeks of the real children and finally they ring the doorbell and ask if they can come in and if there is any food left.
Mom and dad chuckle and take them in. "Of course you can and there is plenty of food left. Find your place among the other kids."

You still have not answered my questions:

Why you placed this article from Stehen Sizer, who was put under church discipline by the Church of England for antisemitism? Mind you the CoE is usually very tolerant and accommodating.

Why you posted the link from Neturei Karta, who is considered a extremist splinter group even by secular people?

Why do you refer to www.bible.ca who promote that the resurrection has already taken place as well as amillenialism, cessationism and replacement theology?

2015/12/5 10:19Profile

Re:

Report: State funds groups that advocate building Third Temple
http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/Report-State-funds-groups-that-advocate-building-Third-Temple-321990

The Temple Institute In Jerusalem Has Spent Approximately 27 Million Dollars On Preparations For The Rebuilding Of The Jewish Temple
http://signsofthelastdays.com/archives/category/the-rebuilding-of-the-temple

The executive director of the Temple Institute, Yehuda Glick, says that a large portion of the financial support for the Temple Institute actually COME FROM EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS…..
http://www.theage.com.au/world/faithful-funds-help-museum-prepare-for-the-end-20091113-iert.html

The Sacrificial Altar Is Being Rebuilt For The Future Temple In Jerusalem
http://signsofthelastdays.com/archives/the-sacrificial-altar-is-being-rebuilt-for-the-future-temple-in-jerusalem

According to American fundamentalist Protestant author Hal Lindsey, the Third Temple could be built right next to the Dome of the Rock.[36] He believes, based on the theory of Dr. Asher Kaufman regarding the location of the Eastern Gate, that the Dome of the Rock was built on what the Bible refers to as the Court of the Gentiles. He states that according to Revelation 11:1–2, the rebuilding of the Third Temple was not to include the section of the temple mount known as The Court of the Gentiles. Therefore, he believes that the Third Temple and the Dome of the Rock could stand side by side.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Temple#Christian_views

Many Christians believe they can hasten the 2nd coming of Christ by rebuilding the Temple.

"Contemporary Christian “Zionists” have written on the rebuilding of the temple in Israel that would usher the second coming of Christ. These include Thomas Ice, Randall Price, Grant Jeffrey, Hal Lindsey, Tim LaHaye, Dave Hunt, and John Hagee."

Randall Price, ‘The Coming Last Days Temple. In his book are contact details of all the Jewish organisations committed to rebuilding the Jewish Temple.

Charles Colson in his book Kingdoms in Conflict believes the Bible predicts the rebuilding of the Temple.

There is so much info on this, how could any one person make all of this up? Look at the links on the right of the page, below.
http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/holy-altar-constructed-for-third-jewish-temple/

Is this part of end times prophecy? Does anyone on SI believe that the Bible indicates that a 3rd Temple will be rebuilt and this is what will bring Jesus back?

2015/12/5 11:18

Re:

Getting back on topic to "Is the Church Israel",

I recommend this article by Charles Alexander right here on SermonIndex. He is one of the "greatest Old Testament Exegete's of all time". I don't know how anyone can refute this brother's exegesis.

Why doesn't everyone take a breath (take some time) and read this link. To me it is the belwether of exegesis on this subject.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=22430

He takes the reader through the scriptures and shows indisputably that the Church is Spiritual Israel.

Notable quotes:

THE TWO ISRAELS

AN EXPOSITION OF ROMANS 9 – 11

“The Christian Church BEING THEN THE LEGITIMATE AND PROPER CONTINUATION OF ISRAEL, to it must belong most of the promises which, superficially examined, are supposed to furnish a pledge of the future salvation of the Jews. They have already found their fulfillment in the victorious career pursued by the Church through all the past centuries, in its irrepressible tendency to spread out to the very ends of the earth, in the spirit of reformation by which it is swayed, and in the light which arises to it ever afresh out of the darkness. In a word these promises are being fulfilled every day before our eyes.

“It is a sad denial of the grace vouchsafed by God to His Church, to refer the glorious promises of Scripture almost exclusively to the future, not to be able to follow out the hidden traces of divine blessing, both in the past and the present, to fail to discern in the Church the true Israel, AND IN ITS PLACE TO DRESS UP AN ISRAEL OF THE FANCY, OUT OF THE JEWS, TO SPEAK SLIGHTINGLY OF THE CHURCH, and contrast it with that Kingdom of God which is first to come when the Jews are converted.

“THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY SUBJECTIVE ABERRATIONS OF THE PRESENT DAY, which must vanish as soon as the Church has been awakened to a sounder estimate of its position and privileges. Indeed one might prophesy the downfall of these opinions from the circumstance of their late origin: they have against them the consentient voice of all the various sections of the entire Christian Church.

“A recent writer has said, ‘It is not to be denied that, for the Church as a whole, the Old Testament is of comparatively little use’. But then, by way of set-off we can console ourselves with the thought, that we are a community of heathens, and that is the necessary consequence of setting the Jews in the place of the Church of Christ. But the apostle teaches us that all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness. The scriptures of the O.T. to which these words primarily refer must have been differently interpreted by him who could speak in such a way.”

Dr. E. W. Hengstenberg, Berlin.
“The Jews and the Christian Church”
(Edinburgh translation, 1860).
HOW STRANGE!

If we needed a defense for taking up this subject of prophetical interpretation we have it in the words of the great doctor above. How strange that WE should be regarded as disturbers of peace for protesting vigorously against the un-scholarly and facile views of Biblical exposition today, when the entire evangelical world is in a state of acute decline after several generations of increasing ineptitude in the handling of the Word of God and after a brief era of gargantuan “Crusades” at the cost of millions of money, the net result of which is to leave the churches very much weaker than they were even ten years ago.

That we should have to explain ourselves to such an age as this, and defend ourselves against the charge of being disturbers of the peace (however false that peace may be) is to us a pathetic symptom of the sickness which prevails.

We have not sought this battle. Others have thrown down the gage. We have but taken it up, with much reluctance, but being persuaded that it is a task which has to be done, we intend with the help of God and the support of friends who long for the end of these days of famine, to press the battle to the gates.

"Alas for their confidence. We on our part breathe a hearty Amen, and declare, “All Israel SHALL be saved, but which Israel?” FOR PAUL SPEAKS OF TWO ISRAEL'S, the one of the flesh and the other of the spirit. “They are not all Israel which are of Israel”. The one is rejected and the other accepted. The one is blinded and other receives its sight."

ISAIAH THEREFORE CLEARLY TEACHES THAT ZION IS THE CHURCH and Jacob is the whole election of grace, and by his employment of Isaiah 59 as the conclusion of his discussion in Romans 9-11, Paul clearly shows what he means by the word,

“AND SO ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED”

In short he teaches that salvation is limited to the election of grace, and that this election of grace is the worldwide and age long Kingdom of the Mediator Christ; therefore “Israel” is not, and by no stretch of the imagination can be made to mean, the nation of Jewry, present or to come, but the Church of Christ in which all distinction of Jew and gentile is for ever obliterated and forgotten.

Those who do not accept this conclusion undermine the entire conception of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, which is the only instrument in view in these collateral writings of Isaiah and the apostle Paul.

I also recommend:
Charles Alexander : Prophecy Spiritually Understood - Pt 6 "No Third Temple"
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=22433

2015/12/5 11:47
proudpapa

RE: /// So, I guess the question arises, "Is there such a thing as a Spiritual Israel?"///

Galatians 6:16 :

Matthew Poole's Commentary :

"Upon the Israel of God; upon the true Israelites, whom he calleth the Israel of God; hereby intimating and confirming the truth of what he had said, Romans 2:28,29, and what our Saviour had said of Nathanael, John 1:47, calling him an Israelite indeed, because in him was no guile; and establishing a distinction between such as were so really, and those who were only Israelites in name, because descended from Jacob, to whom God gave the name of Israel. Hereby also checking the vanity of the Jews, who gloried in the name of Israelites, and thought there could no water come out of the fountains of Israel which God would cast away. The apostle doth not promise, or prophesy, mercy and peace to all Israelites, but only to the Israel of God; that is, to believers, that received and embraced Jesus Christ offered in the gospel."

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible :

and upon the Israel of God; which is a further description of the persons, for whom he prays for these blessings; and is not to be understood by way of distinction from them, but as an amplification of their character; and as pointing out the Israel, by way of emphasis, the Israel, or Israelites indeed, the spiritual Israel, as distinct from Israel according to the flesh; see 1 Corinthians 10:18. The "Israel of God", or as the Arabic version reads it, "Israel the propriety of God"; which he has a right unto, and a claim upon; who are chosen by him, Israel his elect; who are redeemed by him, out of every kindred, tongue, people, and nation; who are called by his grace, and are styled Israel his called; who are justified in his Son, and by his righteousness; and for whose sake he is exalted as a Prince and a Saviour, to give them repentance and remission of sin; and who are, or will be saved by him, with an everlasting salvation; and is a name that includes all God's elect, whether Jews or Gentiles: though it may have a particular respect to such of the Israelites, or Jews, God had foreknown and reserved for himself; and who believed in Christ, and walked as new creatures, without confidence in the flesh. The Jews themselves own, that strangers, or proselytes, shall be called by the name of Israel; so they (b) explain Isaiah 44:5, latter part.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary :

Israel of God—not the Israel after the flesh, among whom those teachers wish to enrol you; but the spiritual seed of Abraham by faith (Ga 3:9, 29; Ro 2:28, 29; Php 3:3).

Barnes' Notes on the Bible :

And upon the Israel of God - The true church of God; all who are his true worshippers; see the note at Romans 2:28-29; Romans 9:6, note.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers :

"And upon the Israel of God.—The benediction is addressed, not to two distinct sets of persons (“those who walk by this rule” and “the Israel of God”), but to the same set of persons described in different ways. “And” is therefore equivalent to “namely:” Yea, upon the Israel of God. By the “Israel of God” is here meant the “spiritual Israel;” not converts from Judaism alone, but all who prove their real affinity to Abraham by a faith like Abraham’s. (Comp. Galatians 3:7-9; Galatians 3:14; Galatians 3:29; Romans 4:11-12; Romans 9:6-8.)"

Expositor's Greek Testament

"yea upon the Israel of God. καί is not properly copulative here, but intensive. Those who walk by the rule of the Spirit are declared to be indeed the true Israel of God, not the Jews who have the name of Israel, but are really only children of Abraham after the flesh."

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges :

"and upon the Israel of God] Are ‘the Israel of God’ distinct from those who walk according to the Apostle’s rule, or are we to regard the particle ‘and’ as epexegetical, and equivalent to ‘yea, upon &c.’? The answer will depend on the exact meaning which is attached to the expression, ‘the Israel of God’. If it means those ‘who are not of the circumcision only, but who walk in the steps’ of Abraham’s faith, i.e. Jews who have been really converted to Christianity, we must suppose St Paul to have had Gentile converted in his mind in the preceding verses. It seems better, however, to regard the expression as intended to sum up the ‘as many as’ in a phrase which is closely identified with the whole argument of the Epistle, ‘If ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise’. These are ‘the Israel of God’, whether Jews or Gentiles, for ‘the Jew is he who is one inwardly in the spirit, not in the letter’. Romans 2:29. So that the blessing is invoked on all who walk according to the rule enunciated, and so in fact on the true Israel, not Israel after the flesh, but the Israel of the promise and of God."

Pulpit Commentary :

"The words, "and upon the Israel of God," seem to be an echo of the "peace upon Israel (εἰρήνη ἐπὶ τὸν Ἰσραήλ)," which, in the Septuagint, closes the hundred and twenty-fifth and hundred and twenty-eighth psalms. The addition of the words, "of God," seems intended pointedly to distinguish the "Israel" which the apostle has m view from that which boasted itself as being Israel while it was not, and also from the false brethren (ψευδαδελφοί, Galatians 2:4) in the Christian Church, who were for linking themselves with the false Israel. The addition is not merely honorific, as in the expression, "the Church of God" (1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Corinthians 1:1; 10:32; 11:22; 15:9), but distinctive as well - that which alone God views and loves as "Israel" - to wit, the entire body of real believers in Christ, who, as portrayed in this Epistle, are "children of promise after the fashion of Isaac" (Galatians 4:28), Abraham's seed and heirs of the promise" (Galatians 3:29), and the children of "the upper Jerusalem, which is our mother" (Galatians 4:26). Of that portion of the true Israel which dwelt in Galatia (see 1 Peter 1:1; 1 Peter 2:10), those who, like the apostle, consecrated themselves to Christ as crucified, were the guiding and characterizing element; and therefore his blessing shed upon these spreads itself also upon those connected with them. That the apostle is even here still regardful of others among the Galatians, who were themselves" shifting away from the gospel" and were drawing others away too (Galatians 1:6, 7), is shown by the next verse "

Vincent's Word Studies :

"And upon the Israel of God
The καὶ and may be simply collective, in which case the Israel of God may be different from as many as walk, etc., and may mean truly converted Jews. Or the καὶ may be explicative, in which case the Israel of God will define and emphasize as many as, etc., and will mean the whole body of Christians, Jewish and Gentile. In other words, they who walk according to this rule form the true Israel of God. The explicative καὶ is at best doubtful here, and is rather forced, although clear instances of it may be found in 1 Corinthians 3:5; 1 Corinthians 15:38. It seems better to regard it as simply connective. Then ὅσοι will refer to the individual Christians, Jewish and Gentile, and Israel of God to the same Christians, regarded collectively, and forming the true messianic community."

Geneva Study Bible :

And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the {n} Israel of God.
(n) Upon the true Israel, whose praise is from God and not from men; Ro 2:29.

2015/12/5 11:56Profile

Re: A FEW MORE REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY VERSION VERSES ABOUT “THE CHURCH” IN THE NE

MATTHEW 19:28 RTV (REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY VERSION)

AND JESUS SAID UNTO THEM, “VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT YE THAT HAVE FOLLOWED ME, IN THE REGENERATION WHEN THE SON OF MAN SHALL SIT ON THE THRONE OF HIS GLORY, YE ALSO SHALL SIT UPON TWELVE THRONES, JUDGING THE TWELVE TRIBES OF THE CHURCH.

MATTHEW 2:6 RTV

‘AND THOU, BALTIMORE, IN THE LAND OF JUDE, ART NOT THE LEAST AMONG THE PRINCES OF MARYLAND; FOR OUT OF THEE SHALL COME A GOVERNOR, THAT SHALL RULE MY PEOPLE THE CHURCH! ”

LUKE 2:34 RTV

AND SIMEON BLESSED THEM AND SAID UNTO MARY HIS MOTHER, “BEHOLD, THIS CHILD IS SET FOR THE FALL AND RISING AGAIN OF MANY IN THE CHURCH, AND FOR A SIGN WHICH SHALL BE SPOKEN AGAINST

JOHN 1:49 RTV

NATHANAEL ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HIM, “RABBI, THOU ART THE SON OF GOD; THOU ART THE KING OF THE CHURCH.”

2015/12/5 12:06

Re: A FEW MORE REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY VERSION VERSES ABOUT “THE CHURCH” IN THE NE

I just found E.W. Hengstenberg's Christology of the Old Testament and a Commentary on Messianic Predictions on Amazon as a free Kindle download.

http://www.amazon.com/Christology-The-Old-Testament-Predictions/dp/1247941736%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D1247941736

Do a search on his name and you will find more Kindle versions. The Prophecies of Ezekiel Elucidated look very good, too.

And don't forget to read this link on SI.

Prophecy Spiritually Understood - Pt 3 "Romans Eleven And The Two Israels"

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=22430

I think it puts the debate on "Is the Church Spiritual Israel", to rest.

2015/12/5 12:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy