SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is National Israel God’s Chosen And Holy Nation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Neils comment

Neil wrote:

"someday ...maybe...you learn that when God makes an EVERLASTING.....IREVOCABLE Covenant, that is exactly what YAHWEH means."

good stuff, bears repeating

2015/11/25 9:48
proudpapa

Re: to proudpapa

neilgin1 wrote : //// heal yourself physician.////

That phrase can be found in Luke 4:23

neilgin1 wrote : /// I came back on here, innocent, excited, thrilled, because I thought this ministries guiding heartbeat STILL was for revival, and what a horrific surprise awaited this Jew who follows Jesus awaited me, arrogant religiositic high fiving with post after post with a replacement theology agenda....and you speak to me about CONVICTION?///

Neil, the disscussion on this topic had pretty much ran its course, but you yourself brought it up twice after it had died down. the first time here in which brother Markus a fellow Jew tried to exhort you against doing it , of which you would not listen.:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=55715&forum=48&start=30&viewmode=flat&order=1

secondly here :

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=55735&forum=45&start=20&viewmode=flat&order=1

and just this morning you posted another new thread :

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=55783&forum=34

This specific thread of Julius21 is a direct spin off of Notdarkyet's thread that he posted after the topic had pretty much ran its course a second time, It was a complete misrepresentation and mockery :

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=55760&forum=35

If you want to stop being challenged in your views than stop bringing the issue up.

Edit add : and another recent one
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=55782&forum=34

2015/11/25 10:30Profile

Re:

Doc. Appreciate your comments and thanks for not being ugly.

When the term everlasting or eternal is used, unless God changes the arrangement or nullifies the covenant, spiritual Israel is being referred to.

Physical nations do not exist forever, but the Israel of God, will.

Did you see the verses that I gave Gary that God declared that He did indeed keep His promises to Israel and in Joshua where He indicated that He fulfilled all His promises to Abraham?

2015/11/25 10:33

pp

rather than wasting time in an attempt to self justify, i'll just say this, on this forum, I know who my brothers and sisters are, and I know those who aren't period, end of sentence.

2015/11/25 13:14
docs

Re: For Julius

Doc. Appreciate your comments and thanks for not being ugly.

When the term everlasting or eternal is used, unless God changes the arrangement or nullifies the covenant, spiritual Israel is being referred to.

Physical nations do not exist forever, but the Israel of God, will.

Did you see the verses that I gave Gary that God declared that He did indeed keep His promises to Israel and in Joshua where He indicated that He fulfilled all His promises to Abraham?

Doc: Yes, I saw those comments and am aware of those passages and a few others that say the same. Did you also see my return comments about if this was so, God fulfilling everything He promised, why hunmdreds of years later were the prophets repeating the theme of the people one day possessing the land in perpetuity and not just fleetingly for a brief period of time as in the days of Johua?

Besides that bro, I'm a little gun shy right now. I thought maybe this time around this subject could be discussed in a respectful manner and it can, believe me it can be discussed in a reasonable and respectful way, but I was wrong it seems at least regarding some. So I'm hesitant to carry on you at this point because some have not heeded the desires of the moderators to do so and they can at any time just in between us and I would not desire that. So I don't know what to do. Maybe we can get to it later but for now I just would say thanks for the dialogue. We can go on I guess but it's risky right now so may be we can get back to each other after Thanksgiving or so. I want to personally distance myself from all negative and over board remarks that have been made. I have found them distasteful and unnecessary. You and I disagree greatly but heck, we can at least talk.

I'll be around.

Thank you.

2015/11/25 18:49Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Brethren, right now this is the bottom line for me on this topic. We can try to discuss certain “hot topics” in a respectful way as much as possible, but for one reason or another it is sometimes unavoidable that the discussion gets heated to one degree or another. We see both sides firmly standing their ground, not really budging, not really being open to changing their mind no matter what arguments are brought to the table by the other side.

However, there are those that are not involved in the discussion but are only watching it, and it is possible that they may not have completely made up their minds on the topic at hand and are sincerely open to hearing both sides. Regarding this discussion as of late, I honestly only see those brethren who are “outsiders looking in” benefiting to one degree or another in terms of learning, adapting a certain position or openness to changing their position. But when we see all the ugliness taking place, one begins to wonder if it’s even worth it to continue the discussion, seeing that those who are involved are completely closed to changing their view and things are getting ugly.

I’ll give a quick example; when I’m out on the streets evangelizing, I come across different types of individuals who oppose and challenge what I’m sharing. Oftentimes neither myself nor the other person is willing to change our position on a given topic. It is then that the discussion can become fruitless and a waste of time and moving on is better.

Anyway, that’s just my personal take right now, not trying to impose it on anyone else, just food for thought; maybe it’s for one or two brethren here.

2015/11/25 19:14Profile
proudpapa

Re:

docs, bro Gary , or anyone else

What is your understanding or thoughts concerning the 10 lost tribes of Israel ?

2015/11/25 20:59Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

In the vein of my last post, this thought just came to mind. What if we asked one another before we even began a discussion on a topic in which we disagree, "Are you sincerely open to changing your mind on this topic if you can be shown from Scripture that your view is not biblically correct?"

I'm thinking that that may help avoid contentions and avoid wasting time at least to some degree.

Sometimes, I think if we're honest with ourselves, we're not really open to changing our view on certain topics because we feel we've done a lot of prayerful study on them. On the other hand there are other topics that we feel we haven't looked that deeply into, and we're not that solidified in them yet.

I personally won't hesitate to say where I stand on this particular topic in terms of openness or closed-mindedness (I'm sure many can tell). I do feel that I have prayerfully studied this topic deeply over several years and I'm solidified in my current position. That being said, since I'm still human and since this is not an essential doctrinal issue, I must admit that there's a chance I could be wrong. But again, that does not negate the fact that I've done quite a bit of prayerful study and have been solidified in my position to a certain degree.

So I don't see anything wrong if one party has made up their mind but the other party hasn't and is wanting to learn in any given "hot topic" discussion.

I guess my question is, is there any point in getting involved in a discussion in which there are two diametrically opposed views and in which neither party is open to changing their position no matter what?

2015/11/25 22:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
by docs on 2015/11/25 18:49:15

Doc: Yes, I saw those comments and am aware of those passages and a few others that say the same. Did you also see my return comments about if this was so, God fulfilling everything He promised, why hundreds of years later were the prophets repeating the theme of the people one day possessing the land in perpetuity and not just fleetingly for a brief period of time as in the days of Joshua?

Hi docs,

Let me just refer you to Oracio's comments on the same. I thought he covered it very well.

By "Perpetuity", do you mean eternally?

I have no problem speaking with you as you have always been kind, yet I too feel like I should limit my posts or at least keep them short.

All the best to you.

2015/11/25 22:22

Re:

Quote:
by Oracio on 2015/11/25 22:17:49

I guess my question is, is there any point in getting involved in a discussion in which there are two diametrically opposed views and in which neither party is open to changing their position no matter what?

Hi Oracio,

I feel if two sides are solidified in their views but extend Christian love and respect to each other that the discussion can be quite informative to the readers. I have watched or read several discussions where the two sides are staunch in their beliefs and since there were no distractions I was able to concentrate on the content and then make up my own mind.

The purpose of discussions should never be to change someone but rather to seek the truth together and when truth (revelation) is found each person should be open to letting the truth change them.

I would love to hear someone's thoughts on the 10 Lost Tribes of Israel. Proudpapa had asked the question twice. I will say right of the bat that I am not solidified in my beliefs and would like to hear people who are very informed about the subject.

2015/11/25 22:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy