SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : prayers for Nick Flynn

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Maybe, maybe not

Hi Marina,

just a couple of things to consider. It seems that knowone who has replied to this request for prayer is at all encouraging of your personal situation with Nick, so there is this angle:
Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. Romans 14:16NIV
Abstain from all appearance of evil.1 Thess 5:22KJVThere is the appearance of/ a slight possibility that something may/might be happening. Whose to know what happens when knowone else is around. It is common sense, leaders of churches have sadly been caught in such situations, and as I have heard before, satan has tripped up greater men than me.
As much as I agree to a certain degree to your reasoning, there is the battle that rages within the members of our mortal bodies. Jesus was well aware of this when he said to Peter:"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."Matt 26:41Now I do not know your personal devotional life to the Lord Jesus, but there is this reality to walking this world.

Most of the comments here are expressed out of deep concern that you may be comprimising your walk with the Lord and your heart motive of setting apart Christ as Lord. I do not think that the 'voice of the Lord' would go against his word'. As much as you say that this where the Lord wants you at this time, I am 99% certain that it is not the ideal path that he wants for you. I'll give you the 1%. After all God told Isaiah to walk around with his buttocks showing for three years, he told Hosea to marry a prostitute, so...walk circumspectly for the days are evil and he is called a lion.

2005/5/23 14:37Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re: prayers for Nick Flynn

Romans 6:1+2

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Backslidding: Jeremiah chapter 3, Hosea 4:6-19

Returning to the Lord: Hosea 14:1+2

2005/5/23 15:16Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
i believe that God has put me in this place for a reason and he does not mind if we are married or not,i know this sounds out of line and im going to shock you more,he is still married to another

Exodus 20:14
[i]Thou shalt not commit adultery.[/i]
Matthew 5:19[i]Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.[/i]
John 14:15[i]If you love me, keep my commandments.[/i]
John 14:21[i]He that hath my commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me...[/i]
John 14:24 [i]He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings...[/i]
IJohn 5:2[i]By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.[/i]
IJohn 3:4 [i]But those who keep on sinning are against God, for every sin is done against the will of God.[/i]
IJohn 3:24[i]And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him.[/i]
IJohn 5:3[i]Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really, that isn't hard at all...[/i]

Definition of a sinner according to Paris Reidhead: A sinner is a person who has committed himself to the purpose and practice of pleasing himself without due and proper regard for the interest of God and the rights of others.

"Truth is everything as God sees it." Jesse Penn Lewis

2005/5/23 18:18Profile
dohzman

A FATHERS HEART

When I originally read your post my first thought was on the woman of samaria by the well in John's gospel ch 4. This woman who had many different men in her life was being offered a chance to be a worshipper of God, at the present she worshipped that she did not know(Jesus without being harsh let her know that her worship was toward men and not really God). Jesus never says call thy boyfriend, but he invites her to repent and become a worshipper of God alone, in Spirit and in TRUTH. That's the invisiable and the real seen life or the outward. I have counseled many who seem to have a need for security or what ever and therefore sell thier souls inorder to stay where they are and they justify thier actions building up false peace in thier minds. If we (I speak to myself here) justify a sin then we have trampled under foot the Blood of Christ and have hurt the testomony of Jesus in our lives. I posted earlier what is ahead for your life and the injury you'll suffer from this relationship as it plays out. God is not mocked , sow to the flesh and reap corruption, sow to the Sprirt and reap life. As a father with daughters I will remain in prayer for you as the Lord brings you to my heart for such, but I 'll do so with a sense of dissapointment and heart ache.

2005/5/23 22:22Profile

Re: A FATHERS HEART

Dohzman, that was so precious. Spoken like a true father of girls. God bless you.

2005/5/23 22:37
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
where does it say in the bible the word backslidden?

Here are 15 verses.. there are a couple more..

Pro 14:14 The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.

Jer 2:19 Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the LORD thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord GOD of hosts.

Jer 3:6 The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.

Jer 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Jer 3:11 And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.

Jer 3:12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger forever.

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Jer 3:22 Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God.

Jer 5:6 Wherefore a lion out of the forest shall slay them, and a wolf of the evenings shall spoil them, a leopard shall watch over their cities: every one that goeth out thence shall be torn in pieces: because their transgressions are many, and their backslidings are increased.

Jer 8:5 Why then is this people of Jerusalem slid back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return.

Jer 14:7 O LORD, though our iniquities testify against us, do thou it for thy name's sake: for our backslidings are many; we have sinned against thee.

Jer 31:22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

Jer 49:4 Wherefore gloriest thou in the valleys, thy flowing valley, O backsliding daughter? that trusted in her treasures, saying, Who shall come unto me?

Hos 4:16 For Israel slideth back as a backsliding heifer: now the LORD will feed them as a lamb in a large place.

Hos 11:7 And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him.

Hos 14:4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

Quote:
how do you know the will of God for me?

1Th 4:2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
1Th 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Th 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor;
1Th 4:5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
1Th 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
1Th 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
1Th 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his Holy Spirit.

2005/5/23 23:15Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I think the scriptures I posted clearly answer both of your questions.

2005/5/23 23:18Profile
moreofHim

Re: marina

I think you have all done a wonderful job of coming alongside Marina and trying to counsel her "nouthetically"- to admonish, correct or instruct.

I definitely have to agree that biblically, and just a plain 'Holy Spirit witness' that this situation is not God's will. There are too many things here to even begin to appraoch right here, right now.

Marina, these people on here, they love you in Christ and want the Lord's best for you. They want you to glorify God with your life. To obey is better than sacrifice. Being obedient to God's Word is very important to Him.

Though what we are saying may not sit well with you right now, give the Holy Spirit a chance to confirm His will to you. Is there a possibility that these brothers and sisters in Christ are right? Ask the Lord to reveal this to you.

If you love the Lord, you will do whatever is necessary to surrender every part of your life over to Him- including your relationships. Our God is a loving God, longsuffering God, BUT He is also a CONSUMING FIRE. He will not tolerate "in your face rebellion" without some serious consequences. I fear for you. I fear the consequences. I have experienced many hard consequences in my own life because of past rebellion and just plain old 'wanting to do things the way I wanted them'. Please pray about this and really ask the Lord to open your heart to hear what he might want to say.

In Him, Chanin

2005/5/23 23:18Profile

Re:ROMANS

I would like to ask if all who read this ,to please read Romans 8 and 9 ,...... this is what i think may help you guys understand abit more of what is going on in my life,This is not a bad thing ,Its a wonderful thing!....I am not living after the flesh I am living for HIM ,He is my Life and my only way of living!xxxxxxx :-D

2005/5/24 5:43
Spitfire

Re:

Marina, there isn't one person here who agrees with you. You are deceived. Deception is believing a lie. It is a lie to be sinning and saying you are not sinning. You are in sin and the testimony of your life right now is compromising the integrity of the testimony of Jesus Christ. Love, Dian.

2005/5/24 6:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy