SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer and Fasting for SI Communities

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

agreeing with Holy Spirit in prayer brothers and sisters. Also listening to VH.

2015/11/2 11:17
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Praying for Moulton/Lawrence County, AL where I live and am deeply burdened for and for Salt Lake City today with Lesmanto.

Our places are alike. We both live where there seems an impenetrable wall over people's hearts that their faith is well placed and their salvation secured. Both of them believe in something other than the God of the Bible: in SLC, a false testament of a phantom Jesus and figment of imagination and in Moulton a false testimony of salvation and the false gospel of the punched ticket and the irrelevance of an unregenerated heart.

Hear the prayers of Your people, O Lord our God.

2015/11/3 8:08Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Praying with mama27 and dolfan today.

2015/11/3 12:44Profile

Re:

sense the community of believers. Good prayer! Thank you LORD.

2015/11/3 15:58
mama27

Re:

I am in Milwaukee to hear Keith Daniel tonite, but am praying with you all. Will be fasting on Thursday. Lord, glorify Yourself!

2015/11/3 16:24Profile
dolfan

Re:

Praying with mama27 for the Chicago area today. God has people there. Lord, please hear our cry. Our hearts hear You. You seek those who will live for all You are worth, and to do so in spirit and in truth. We can do nothing, Lord God but through Christ all things are really possible. We ask You to do that which You have already said is Your will. "He commands all men everywhere to repent." We ask You bring Your church in the Chicago area to deep, true, abiding repentance. Raise up voices of prophetic warning, awaken those who call themselves by Your Name. Bring them back to life in You. Cause men whose hearts are cold to You and who do not love You now, whose affections for the world are the deep treasures of their hearts, who have a form of Godliness but deny Godliness inwardly and will not yield to Your power --- cause us to flee from our wickedness and from Your coming wrath and to flee to Christ. Melt us in weeping sorrow and brokenness over our sorry state and restore us in Your lovingkindness to life again. Do this throughout Chicago. A great fire once destroyed that city, and we ask now for a small fire of Your power to preserve Your remnant out of it. Wherever Your people are, we ask you to draw them together into pockets of fellowship that ignore and destroy denominational barriers and that You cause it to be in Chicago, in Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Moulton, AL, Madisonville, TN, Sweet Home, OR and all of our communities of those on these forum boards that Your people be one as You, Lord Jesus, are with the Father. Amen.

2015/11/5 7:35Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you, Tim, for your heartfelt prayer. I echo what you have prayed for all the communities mentioned. The churches here are very worldly and compromised in my opinion. We are to be a set-apart people who do not look and behave as the world does in our use of time, and appearance, and entertainment. The prayer meetings are 5 minutes and often focus on physical ailments. It is heartbreaking to watch. The major well-known churches are Moody Church, Willow Creek (seeker sensitive), Harvest Bible Chapel, The Orchard (these churches have a number of campuses), College Church of Wheaton, and of course many others....I am asking God for a great shaking and purifying in these. We also have the recent Bill Gothard scandal here, and the IBLP headquarters is in the process of relocating to Big Sandy, TX. These things have greatly affected my children. Bless you all for your prayers. Fasting today and praying with you for a great move of God in your areas and families as well.

2015/11/5 11:03Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
The churches here are very worldly and compromised in my opinion. We are to be a set-apart people who do not look and behave as the world does in our use of time, and appearance, and entertainment. The prayer meetings are 5 minutes and often focus on physical ailments.

Things are very much the same here in Phoenix, and I suspect across the land.

But the Lord is teaching me that I can't just point fingers, I must confess the coldness creeping into my own heart, just acknowledge that there are areas where I am not on fire for Christ. All I can do is confess it, He knows that my heart is deceitful and desperately wicked and that I need the filling of the Holy Spirit. Like Vance Havner said, there must be an inflow before there can be an outflow and an overflow.

O, how our communities need that outflow and overflow.

In Christ,

2015/11/5 18:55Profile
dolfan

Re:

I pray for a prophetic voice locally to the church. Who will God send? When? How? The need is so clear. Why are churches blind now?

My heart is not broken enough over my own sin that I could be purified in my deepest inward man. And I am about a wreck. What is in me still, O Lord? So much. So, so much that is not of Him.

Cleanse my heart, Lord. I know You forgave and forgive. Yet, I am so far from the likeness of Your Son and I desperately want to be like Jesus.

2015/11/5 19:40Profile
mama27

Re:

I hope I didn't come across as though I was pointing fingers. I just came off of 5 days hearing Keith Daniel preach. The man just quotes scripture after scripture. He gave a message on the tongue in which I counted 93 scripture verses that I had furiously written down. All the while I was listening to this man of God, I kept wondering in my heart why there are so very few others like him....and while I long to stay on the mountaintop, I know my mission field is my own home...where I struggle desperately to not be pulled down into the quagmire of political talk and worldliness that abounds here. Lord help us!!

2015/11/5 19:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy