SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you ready for the big reveal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///i personally at at different points stay away from sermon index due to my own frustrations in responses but as i am reading through posts i do see a lot of people in different areas growing spiritually especially myself.///
RE:... ///I thought at the time that i need to speak up and challenge people in this belief to help them but i did this a lot of the time with out the holy spirits direction, ending in a conflict rather then growing in spiritual wisdom and knowledge.///

I can very much relate Karl.
thank you for your encourageing word.

2015/9/30 10:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Regarding the nephilim, I have read some pretty persuasive arguments that demons or "unclean spirits" are actually the departed spirits of the nephilim.

In this view, demons are actually separate entities than "fallen angels."

2015/9/30 11:13Profile
jochbaptist

Re: Are you ready for the big reveal?

Questions like this, (and some of the comments) remind me of a post I once read on here called "the Hegelian principle".

In my opinion these questions bring no good. Instead it irreverently troubles the pool of deep basic truths.

Man's central role in creation....
God's only Son....

Matthew 5
:34
But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne;
:35
or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King.

Genesis 1:
:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
14:
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

2015/9/30 11:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Honestly Johannes-

How does asking if you are theologically ready should alien life be discovered irreverent? Not considering the issue, and how we would respond to a lost and dying world, is what would be irreverent.

And it doesn't just apply to this alien question; it applies to all sorts of things, like technology advances, etc.

2015/9/30 12:49Profile

Re:

Quote:
by TMK on 2015/9/30 12:49:48

Honestly Johannes-

How does asking if you are theologically ready should alien life be discovered irreverent? Not considering the issue, and how we would respond to a lost and dying world, is what would be irreverent.

And it doesn't just apply to this alien question; it applies to all sorts of things, like technology advances, etc.

TMK, consider respecting a person's opinion if they perhaps find your question as falling into category 1 or 2.

Quote:

1) fruitless discussions -
1Tim 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

2) opposing arguments which are falsely called "knowledge and science" -
1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

3) strive about words -
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

4) engage in foolish questions, genealogies, contentions or strivings about the law -
Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

2015/9/30 13:33

Re:

I'm with TMK on this one,

These topics should be wrestled with even if the conclusion at any point or time is "I don't know"

(Julius21 I saw your post after I posted mine)

marcmc

2015/9/30 13:44

Re:

I respect anything that anyone wants to think about even if I don't find any interest in it. Everyone is not an apologist and we don't have to be interested in everything. My focus for instance is mostly within the Church although I started off as an evangelist and still engage people (in real life), every day as the Lord leads.

2015/9/30 13:53

Re:

proudpapa wrote,

"I never gave it much thought, I suppose I always thought of Goliath as a vessel of wrath fitted to destruction.

Could there be other 'vessel of wrath fitted to destruction' in the universe that could be revealed in the last days. I personally doubt it, but I am not sure that I am completely confident that it would be Scripturally impossable. What is your thoughts ? "

Let me expand my original question. How could any Hittite, Jebusite, Egyptian, Philistine, Amalikite or any inhabitant of canaan prior to the Isrealites have been saved?

marcmc

2015/9/30 13:59
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
"Let me expand my original question. How could any Hittite, Jebusite, Egyptian, Philistine, Amalikite or any inhabitant of canaan prior to the Isrealites have been saved?"

By trusting in the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob and aligning themselves with God's covenant people, just like Rahab.

2015/9/30 14:18Profile

Re:

Heydave how about before Abraham?

Or during the 400 years in Egypt

How could the other nations be saved. And if Rehab demonstrates the method for all then why did God sent His people to slaughter them rather than evangelize them?

marcmc

2015/9/30 14:22

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy