SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you ready for the big reveal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Julius,
I didn't mean to imply an impersonal provision, as such I apologize for my clumsy words...
As for the "product",... point well taken as again it was clumsy wording in reference to a "until Christ be formed in you" type of phrase.
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Would be another example of what I was attempting to relay.

And yes I too look forward to a continued fellowship with you dear brother:)

2015/10/2 0:11Profile

Re:

Yes, the fellowship in the Word has been good, lately. Slowing down a bit, for a season. Hopefully, a brief one as I have been enjoying the spiritual stimulation and encouragement. (Some trips coming up and some increased responsibilities). Will read daily. I do enjoy this community and always find something interesting in everyone's posts.

2015/10/2 0:19

Re:

TMK wrote,

""JFW--
If the answer to your original question is "never" and "never" then God is the most supremely bored being in the universe. "

Your conclusion is the result of looking at God with the eyes of the flesh. I highly recommend a crash course on the Self Sufficiency of God.

Here's a postage stamp snapshot to get the ball rolling.

"Almighty God, just because He is almighty, needs no support. The picture of a nervous, ingratiating God fawning over men to win their favor is not a pleasant one; yet if we look at the popular conception of God, that is precisely what we see. Twentieth century Christianity has put God on charity. So lofty is our opinion of ourselves that we find it quite easy, not to say enjoyable, to believe that we are necessary to God. But the truth is that God is not greater for our being, nor would He be less if we did not exist. That we do exist is altogether of God’s free determination, not by our desert nor by divine necessity."

A W Tozer

marcmc

2015/10/3 7:42

Re:

"In the beginning, God" (Gen. 1:1). There was a time, if "time" is could be called, when God, in the unity of His nature (though subsisting equally in three Divine Persons), dwelt all alone. "In the beginning, God." There was no heaven, where His glory is now particularly manifested. There was no earth to engage His attention. There were no angels to hymn His praises; no universe to be upheld by the word of His power. There was nothing, no one, but God; and that, not for a day, a year, or an age, but "from everlasting." During a past eternity, God was alone: self-contained, self-sufficient, self-satisfied; in need of nothing. Had a universe, had angels, had human beings been necessary to Him in any way, they also had been called into existence from all eternity. The creating of them when He did, added nothing to God essentially. He changes not (Mal. 3:6), therefore His essential glory can be neither augmented nor diminished.

God was under no constraint, no obligation, no necessity to create. That He chose to do so was purely a sovereign act on His part, caused by nothing outside Himself, determined by nothing but His own mere good pleasure; for He "worketh all things after the counsel of His own will" (Eph. 1:11). That He did create was simply for His manifestative glory. Do some of our readers imagine that we have gone beyond what Scripture warrants? Then our appeal shall be to the Law and the Testimony: "Stand up and bless the Lord your God forever and ever: and blessed be Thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise" (Neh. 9:5). God is no gainer even from our worship. He was in no need of that external glory of His grace which arises from His redeemed, for He is glorious enough in Himself without that. What was it moved Him to predestinate His elect to the praise of the glory of His grace? It was, as Ephesians 1:5 tells us, according to the good pleasure of His will.

A W Pink

marcmc

2015/10/3 10:01
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Marc,
Hey I was wondering what happened to you, glad to see you return:)

If you're up for it, may we continue our discussion?
I had asked you;
"If I may inquire further of you on this...
In your understanding (objectively) does the sovereignty of a King extend beyond His kingdom or is it limited to it?"

Btw brother Tozer is one of my favorite theologians and as from what I've read had a fitting view of and love for God.

2015/10/3 10:02Profile

Re:

I was fortunate to track down a member from Bayview Glen Church in Toronto ( Tozer preached there at the end of is life ). He actually worked the sound table an made the recordings.

I think most of his tapes are available now but back then they were not. He made me copies of Tozer messages from his original reel to reels.

marcmc

2015/10/3 10:43
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Tozer is also one one of my favorites, and I agree with his quote that Marc posted.

But I still stand by statement.

I used to love playing electric football. Although we placed the men on the field, what made it fun was that you never knew exactly what they would do once you set the field vibrating.

2015/10/3 23:00Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Tozer says,

Here is my view: God sovereignly decreed that man should be free to exercise moral choice, and man from the beginning has fulfilled that decree by making his choice between good and evil. When he chooses to do evil, he does not countervail the sovereign will of God but fulfills it, inasmuch as the eternal decree decided not which choice the man should make but that he should be free to make it. If in His absolute freedom God has willed to give man limited freedom, who is there to stay His hand or say, ‘What dost thou?’ Man’s will is free because God is sovereign. A God less than sovereign could not bestow moral freedom upon his creatures. He would be afraid to do so.

This makes perfect since to me...

Matthew 23:37
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not WILLING" (emphasis mine)

I guess for Jean Calvin, God wanted something that He Himself prevented Himself from having by predestinating these poor souls to not respond to His longing for them.... and then of course He must punish them for not responding to the very longing that He Himself would not afford them an option to respond to by allowing them the option to choose to by the force of their own will and to top it all off littered His word with verses like these to tease them with a supposed option that in fact they never had to begin with.

2015/10/4 1:05Profile

Re:

Ephesians 1:3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

marcmc

2015/10/4 4:26

Re:

1 Peter 1:17And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: 18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

marcmc

2015/10/4 4:29

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy