SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Warning: False Testimonies of Brother Yun, the "Heavenly Man"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Sam[/b]

Thank you for disecting this abit, I got that letter from that backtojersulam website. I really thought it would be good to get it out onto this thread because for the reason that you and others can dig abit into the truth and validity of the documents and people involved. I personally am right now weary of Brother Yun for the prosperity preaching which another brother eye witnessed. Many other back and off-center doctrines and practices will follow such a belief. I don't think we are being too picky here but rather just digging down abit for the truth and being content with what we are finding. It is not to label Brother Yun evil or wrong but rather to show that He is out of fellowship with a large part of the house church leaders in China and to show discernment when reading and listening to his materials.

[b]Neil[/b]

Depressing yes but sometimes it is worth knowing to understand that there is a remenant of the body of Christ that are truly folllowing Jesus Christ whole-heartly not having any other gains or needs apart from Him. I do think so far it has been very profitable the way this thread has developed to gather ALL the information out there about these events.

2005/5/11 19:44Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Thanks greg;
Been having differnt looks at this, and your post and input is helpful. Bro. Raven

2005/5/12 1:27Profile
formidable

Perth, Australia

Re: brother yun

greetings all.
as with all things there are two sides?
i also have had the privelage of seeing this brother in person in australia,

i dont think you can say just because a person speaks or spoke at a "prosperity teaching church" or one that has leanings that way, that a person was into it aswel.

what more of a slap in the face to such a money hungry, self satisfied, complacent bunch of people than to hear from a person who has a testimony such as his.
the suffering & the trust?.

most might still just go, oh well that was good bring on the next preacher, this one challenged my walk to much.
or would it be worth it just for one person to get a flame firing in there heart to belive the same God who moved in acts still moves today?

what if richard wurmbrand preached in a so called "propsperity church" would that be frowned upon?

it really stirs me how sometimes we place a brush & tar people. cause they happened to be at a certain place?.

if i can ill get the copy of that sermon,
but from what i remember he was Christ glorifying, exalting & thats all he spoke about how great is the Lord.

maybe one day we can say i bear in my body the marks of the Lord jesus Christ?

this has been edited as i had another thought to share i forgot, well really an add on

i agree he could have been hijacked by western churches, more than him decieving people,
it was last year when i heard him, if anything i wouldnt think he would be the one calling the "altar call" was he?
i know over here he only asked for people who were serious about preaching the gospel, & going out to dedicate to the call of God for there life.

i do agree if accupunture is to do with this thats just weird, not right at all.
as paul would say "yun who has bewitched you"
if thats the case.

im sorry to sound as if im having a go at you paulus, but can the same things that happened with peter & paul happen today?

2005/5/12 10:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Scot[/b]

Quote:
what if richard wurmbrand preached in a so called "propsperity church" would that be frowned upon?

Brother I am not saying his whole message is wrong or ALL off base but when a person preaches a message of prosperity, know in our day as the 'prosperity gospel' warning signals go off in my spirit. It is not the venue but rather the message that matters. I understand abit of where you are coming from but you have to understand if a man's message is off-centered then we do have to be careful and weary of him. It could be his message has changed over the last 7 years. Me or no one else is passing judgement but rather wanting to discern between the good and bad and hold onto the good.

2005/5/12 17:04Profile
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re: having a go

Formidable

I prefer if I am off line or out of order for someone to care enough to have a go so I take your words as such.
My main point was not that Bro Yun was preaching for a Church who held to Prosperity lines, in fact I wnet hoping to hear him take the opposite stance and thereby bring a challenge to many.

You are correct in that he did not do the entire of the "altar call" but what was missing most was that there was throughout the entire evening no reference to the eternal lost state of unredeemed man, sin, the Blood of Christ, The redemptive work of the cross, repentance, leaving the world. What was portrayed was the sufferings of this brother, but no reference to the sufferings of Jesus. Our beloved Christ was portrayed only as the provider of miracles and not as the one to whom all Glory is due.

Paul

2005/5/13 5:06Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

On another note:

God has done and is still doing great things in China, some of which were told by Brother Yun (I believe many of the experiences are true despite the concerns raised), and much more that we would only hear when we appear with Christ in glory. Please continue to pray and support for this country and God's work there. China has more than [b]one-fifth[/b] of the world's population, most of whom do not know salvation!

Bear in mind that Satan is not in slumber in China as well. Within the church, problems of heresy, extremities, sectarianism, human weaknesses etc. are rampant. Also remember, while Christianity is experiencing phenomenal growth in China, other cults and religions are growing at an [b]even faster[/b] pace in China.

[b]Be informed[/b] about the situation in China. (Request newsletters from China ministries. Learn about what the "Three-Self Patriotic Movement" is about. Learn about the diversity of experiences and challenges in different region -- the issues facing those in the province of Fujian and Henan, for instance, are totally different).

[b]Be wise[/b] in money matters. The best is to consult with organizations that have a long history in supporting ministry in China.

Finally, I apologize for the thread title (I don't know how to correct it), I feel that it is too strong and counter-productive -- it forces people to take sides rather than reflect on the wider issues.

For those who were stirred up by the testimonies related in Brother Yun's book to care for the needs of the brethren in China, continue to do so. Even though I have some lingering doubts about some of the claims, God can nonetheless draw straight lines with a crooked stick.

May all glory be to God himself and him alone.

2005/5/13 11:14Profile
Manfred

Continental Europe

An Open Letter from Paul Hattaway Concerning Bother Yun

http://www.asiaharvest.org/pages/news050705OpenLetterBrotherYun.html

2005/7/26 10:37Profile
Hamish

Perth, Scotland

Re:

"If anyone has any questions about my story, or any other enquiry, I am very willing to meet either publicly or privately and answer any questions people may have"

Brother Yun

I would like to speak with Brother Yun either publicly or privately. Any idea how I could reach him?

Hamish.

2005/8/31 15:57Profile
germanJoy

Germany

Re: Warning: False Testimonies of Brother Yun, the "Heavenly Man"

germanJoy
Just popping in

Online! Be a LOVER and SUPPORTER of fellow brethren not an ACCUSER
All of us in the body of Christ today are facing an HOUR of test. The devil's aim is to make us fail by using the believers in destroying one another. At times like these, the only way out of the enemy's control is to FOCUS on Jesus Christ. Obviously, there are and will be Judas Iscariots in our midsts. However, let us be like Christ in dealing with it. For Jesus Himself did not allow Peter and/or any disciples (including us) to strike back or hurt Judas and those like him in any way. To make the picture complete, Jesus laid His life for His accusers and His followers did the same thing so that the message of the love of Christ be known to the whole world.

The reactions of Brother Yun towards his accusers can be likened to Christ. But I personally question the integrity of Yun's accusers who claimed to be discerning by warning us of a "nobody", radical christian and a broken man whose purpose is to bring the GOSPEL of Christ to the unreached nations even risking his own life for it.

If you are a christian who is uncertain of the heavenly man story, settle it once and for all by pointing back to yourself with this question: "If I were to stand up for JESUS CHRIST in a country where His gospel is forbidden, will I be willing to suffer even lay my life for it just as He suffered and laid His life for me??" If so, you will get to see the truthfulness of the heavenly man story for you will also see yourself in it. If not, be encouraged by the life of Bro. Yun and millions of Christians who suffered for their faith.

Allow me to share this article I wrote yesterday which I originally wanted to print in this section:

Re: Accusers of Brother Yun

It is very sad to see believers accusing fellow christians when it is told that the accuser of the brethren is the devil.

We should refrain from judging the characters or the hearts of any believers for only Christ knows who really belongs to Him. Besides, isn't it that the bible teaches us not to judge before the time? We should only judge false teachings in order to keep ourselves from being deceived by false teachers and to make us able to abide in Christ who leads us to the truth.

Church, there are main teachings which we as believers should unite where no compromise is allowed, namely: deity of Christ, virgin birth and bodily resurrection of Christ, Second Coming of Christ, salvation by grace, and Trinity. The other minor issues are pardonable and can vary as they don't shake the foundation of our faith.

As for Brother Yun's story, how can anyone point a finger at him when in fact Bro. Yun is one of the few christians in the world today who is willing to lay his life for the gospel of Jesus Christ? Who among the preachers of today are willing to do this? I challenge every accuser of Bro. Yun to stand up and be willing to be beheaded for Christ. If you as his accuser are willing then you will together with Bro. Yun bring the glory of Christ to the whole world. If not, then your words and actions will fade away.

Any christian who has a heart to lay his life for the gospel will embrace someone like Bro. Yun.

In Christ I live and to self I am dead.

germanJoy

"Therefore do not go on passing judgement before the time but WAIT until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men's hearts; and then each man's praise will come from God."

The one who examines us (including Bro. Yun and his accusers) is the Lord, why judge then? 1 Cor. 4:4-5, church?

2005/9/7 5:35

FlatThreaded Oldest FirstNewest First

Select a Forum Welcome Section ---------------- Announcements Welcome & Intro SermonIndex Ministry ---------------- SermonIndex Promotion About SermonIndex SI Moderators Only SermonIndex Community ---------------- Lounge Scriptures and Doctrine Revival Praying and History Book Reviews/Recom. Church History Miracles that follow the plow Devotionals News and Current Events Speakers on SermonIndex ---------------- A.W. Tozer David Wilkerson Leonard Ravenhill T. Austin-Sparks Other Speakers Help and Support ---------------- SermonIndex Support

2005/9/7 5:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: An Open Letter from Paul Hattaway Concerning Bother Yun

Paul Hattaway has also written a lengthy article about the "Eastern Lightning" movement in China. He comes highly recommented by an American working for the LORD in China. This American has been in our church and is well thought of.

Last night I talked with a young man - a professional - who the LORD used to bring a Chinese communist to Himself. I asked about Eastern Lightning and yes, it is serious, something one needs to be so very careful about less you become entangled in it.

Just thought I would share this....

ginnyrose

2005/9/7 21:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy