SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GODLY / UNGODLY,....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Re:

I have SO,appreciated the input you have shared , on this subject.

It really helps me / us to examine ourselves.and isn't that important,...what the Word is all about ? It is the plumb line,that I look into,for my life,...to see
through God' eyes.

Since I started this subject,....just looking,..writing down,..all the places that
GODLY,..GODLINESS,..UNGODLY,..UNGODLINESS is to be found in the Word,and taking into consideration much Scripture before and after the
findings,it has helped tremendously,..what constitutes the meaning of these
most important words,...how they are used,...what they refer to,.....And how
VERY IMPORTANT ! ,...I found them too IMPORTANT,to just pass over.

I was thinking on this Scripture this morning,as I went about my work,..
( It named many UNGODLY things,..

Says,Perilous times shall come in the last days,..

2:Ti.3--
Men shall be :
* lovers of their own selves
* covetous
*boasters
* proud
* blasphemes
*disobedient to parents
*unthankfull
*unholy
*without natural affection
*trucebreakers
*false accusers
*incontintent
*fierce
*despisers of those that are good
*traitors
*heady
*high-minded
*lovers of pleasures more than the lovers of God (He who speaketh,The Word)
* having a form of GODLINESS,but denying the power of it;..(but will not allow His power to do it's work in me / us.

Scriptures that have so blessed me,..may they bless you also.

elizabeth

2015/9/18 17:33Profile

Re:

Hi Elizabeth,

Your insights are much appreciated. When you mentioned "plumb line", I though instantly of our Plumb Line, Jesus Christ. He is our standard and not any man. Everything points back to Christ and absolutely no one else and nothing else, can be given any credit or glory.

Interesting that Paul coined the phrase "form of godliness" for this implies a counterfeit and not true godliness, just a form (empty shell). And we know who the master counterfeiter is. Satan can be very, very "spiritual", very religious, yet behind his facade, (or form of godliness) is no distinct power for true godliness. No power to overcome, no power to sow to the Spirit and deny the flesh, no power to love.

The "form of godliness" or counterfeit is derived from sowing to the flesh or also, partaking of the "bad tree", which is Satan. We know the flesh cannot please the Lord and thus the flesh cannot generate godliness. Godliness is Christ and Jesus Christ cannot be generated, He can only be enthroned in our hearts, (surrendered to). Neither can self-discipline or ascetism generate godliness. Godliness is not morality, philosophy, theology or adherence to a belief system. Godliness is Christ and is manifested in our lives by abiding in Him and allowing Him to live in us (Gal 2:20).

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: FOR WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO NOTHING.

There really is nothing we can boast in except Jesus Christ.

2015/9/18 18:22
Elibeth

Re:

Julius,

Praise God,...for the expounding.
I truly love it.

Ps.119:140
* Thy Word ( O' Lord) is very pure;therefore Thy servant loveth it.
[ pure] : tried or refined

elizabeth

2015/9/18 19:50Profile

Re: What is man? Who is Satan? Who is Jesus Christ?

Godliness is a Person just as ungodliness is a person. This agrees with the Scriptures just as Salvation is a Person and Perdition is a person. Judas was the "son of perdition".

Love, Goodness, Grace, Mercy, and Truth are all personified in Christ.

All of these "gifts" are found in the Person of Jesus Christ. He does not impart commodities, He imparts Himself.

Likewise, Evil, rebellion, idolatry, strife and hatred are also a person or tree.

Men are cups, vessels and branches and derive their character from whom they are abiding in. Men are not independent spiritual creatures that were created to stand alone, apart from God or Satan.

There are only two kingdoms, the Kingdom of Heaven/God and the Kingdom of Satan (Darkness) (Revelation 16:10).

Men are citizens of only one of these two kingdoms, and subjects of the Ruler of each of these two kingdoms. The character and behavior of the Ruler of each of these kingdoms is alive in their subjects.

There is no 3rd Kingdom and whilst a person is in one of these two kingdoms, they cannot stand aloof from their King. To be in the Kingdom is to be "in the K(k)ing" and the K(k)ing to "be in them". That is how one is in the Kingdom in the first place.

These two Kingdoms are at war with each other. One Kingdom is warring in the spiritual realm to set people free while the other kingdom is warring in the same realm, seeking to keep man in bondage and capture citizens from the Kingdom of God, (by convincing them to give into the lusts of the flesh). Satan carefully conceals himself! Most people, Christian and non-Christian do not understand the level of involvement of the powers of Darkness in their lives. And likewise, God's people do not understand the level of involvement that Jesus Christ desires to have in their lives.

Three vital (initial) truths needed today are a proper understanding of 1) What is man? 2) Who is Satan and the powers of Darkness 3) who is Jesus Christ.

The ignorance of these three lead to many erroneous theologies and spiritual misunderstandings.

2015/9/19 12:19

Re:

P

2015/9/21 9:05

Re:

Hi Marc,

Yes, basically you repeated what I said, with some additions. I am happy to clarify and expand.

Number 1, first.

1) Ungodliness is a person?

Satan is the source of all that is not of Christ. Man is not the source because man was not created to stand independent of God or Satan. Man cannot create EVIL. Evil has a source and man is not the source. Man chooses to abide in Christ or Satan, but oftentimes does not know he is abiding in the "spirit of disobedience" (Eph 2:2). Enlightened people (Spirit-filled Christians) know the difference.

The Scriptures say that Satan is the "Father of Lies", and that he was a "Liar from the beginning". Satan is not a concept or a metaphor. He is a personal being. Scriptures also state that "Satan filled Ananias' heart to lie". Here again, we see Satan's hand in someone's life and ostensibly, this person was a believer.

We know from Scriptures, that unbelievers are ruled by the "spirit of disobedience" (rebellion).

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

So, yes Satan is ungodliness personified just as Christ is godliness personified. Man is incapable of generating godliness without Christ. We need the Godly One in our lives. Our fruit, is the Fruit of the Spirit, not the Fruit of man. As man chooses to abide in Christ, he also chooses to abide in the spirit of this world, the prince of the power of the air, the one that filled Ananias' heart to lie and the one that was working in Peter in Matthew 16. Satan was truly speaking through Peter and Christ rebuked Satan. Man does not consciously choose to abide in the Father of Lies, but he does consciously choose to lie. Satan is the great Deceiver, always concealing his existence and workings.

2015/9/21 9:52

Re:

And you agree with points 6,7,8 and 9 as well?

marc mc

2015/9/21 10:26

Re:

6) The two Kingdoms are at war and the primary goal is the souls of men and woman?

Certainly, these are two spiritual kingdoms and the war cannot be waged in the flesh.

2Co_10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

Our weapons are spiritual weapons and the "armour of God" is Jesus Christ. "Put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ".

Eph_6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Rev_12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and WENT TO MAKE WAR WITH THE REMNANT of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The Dragon is Satan.
Rev_20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

7) Satan is warring to keep souls from the Kingdom of God and get back (through temptation) souls that have escaped and are in the Kingdom of God?

Satan works through deception and lies and seeks to steal the "good seed" out of our hearts. That is why we must renew our minds.

Matt 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

We are in a battle to overcome the Wicked One.
1Jn 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, BECAUSE YE HAVE OVERCOME THE WICKED ONE. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

Cain was of the Wicked One. The source of Cain's hatred and murder was Satan, and he chose to derive his behavior from that which was not of God. Most people don't know they are abiding in the Wicked One.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

We must "KEEP" ourselves in many ways to make sure the "wicked one" does not "touch us". And ask yourself what that means to be "touched" by the Wicked One.
1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God KEEPETH HIMSELF, and THAT WICKED ONE TOUCHETH HIM NOT.

How are we to "Keep" ourselves?" This is all part of fighting the good fight of faith.
Here are 6 ways and you can search for the rest. 1)Keep yourselves in the love of God. 2) Keep thyself pure 3) Keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4) "Keep himself unspotted from the world 5) Keep His commandments 6) Keep yourselves from idols.

8) Satan is at war and therefore he has strategies, plans and schemes that he uses in a variety of ways as the circumstance demands. He will do and be whatever is required for him to win in his war and attacks against God, Gods Word, Gods people in the old and new Testament as well as the unsaved?

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world HATH BLINDED THE MINDS OF THEM WHICH BELIEVE NOT, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ask yourself what are the "wiles of the Devil?" Does he have a plan against man? Did he have a plan against Adam and Eve?

9) In this war against man, man is rather ignorant and Satan is smarter and more strategic and therefore able to easily deceive man?

Jesus said we were ignorant.
Luk_23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Satan not only has strategies for those who are born, but also for the unborn. He seeks to implant rejection, shame, dishonesty, deceit, envy, strife, scorn, panic, impulsiveness, greed, pride, control, anger, hate, self-pity, bitterness, vengeance, fear, covetousness, theft, manipulation, obsession, depression, suicide, argumentativeness, murder, defiance, lust, laziness, gluttony, oppression, filth, addictiveness, infirmity, negativity, darkness, in man.

Notice what Jesus said about Satan.
John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, AND HATH NOTHING IN ME.

"Hath nothing IN me".

Again, we are to "keep ourselves" from the Wicked One.

Without the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, you cannot stand against a power and an intelligence greater than your own.

2015/9/21 11:24

Re:

Do you believe that concerning the activities of the kingdom of darkness that Satan rules and as a ruler he is therefore free to do and use whatever strategies he chooses to accomplish his goal against God, His Word and the people of the earth?

marcmc

2015/9/21 11:45

Re:

No, Satan serves and operates at the King of King's good pleasure and constraints.

You can see this in Job 1.

Satan desired from the Lord of Lords to "attack" Peter.
Luk_22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

2015/9/21 11:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy