SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GODLY / UNGODLY,....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

GODLY / UNGODLY,....

Sorry about having to start over !...I had edited and come back (it sent before I finished )

GODLY / UNGODLY
Whatever does that mean ?

To me,it seems that to be godly,would be that God,who is The Spirit / Word
Living/working/Alive in me/ you.

And to be ungodly,is to not allowing God,...The Holy Spirit/Word to be Living / Working in us.

So,if we follow Jesus,would we not follow God?
Jesus followed His Father,God.
He was led by The Spirit of God,...like The Word says we must,if we are His sons/ children.

Some thoughts I thought worthy of consideration.

elizabeth

2015/9/1 16:10Profile
Elibeth

Re: GODLY / UNGODLY,....

1pet.4:18,

Have you ever wondered about this Scripture ?

" .....and if the righteous scarcely be saved,where will the 'ungodly'
and the 'sinner' appear ?

Why not put the word 'ungodly' in with the word 'sinner',......unless there is a
difference ?

Could it be that one,..the sinner,...that has never even came to The Lord,..we know he is considered / is a sinner,...But why separate the two ?

Could it be that one,that has had a relationship with The Lord,refuses to
let God,Who is The Holy Spirit,...The Word,be 'thy will' in our life ?
And so dem one to be 'ungodly'..?

Thoughts,
elizabeth

2015/9/3 16:08Profile

Re:

Hi Elizabeth,

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the UNGODLY, nor standeth in the way of SINNERS, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

1Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the UNGODLY and for SINNERS, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which UNGODLY SINNERS have spoken against him.

We have these 3 divisions:
Ungodly
Sinners
Ungodly Sinners

2015/9/3 16:41
Elibeth

Re:

Julius,
Thank you !
I thought pretty deeply on these Scriptures that you shared here.
Did quite a bit of thoughts / writings on this subject,...and my battery
went out on my iPad,and I lost it all.

Please let me get back to this,..as I am needed elsewhere.

elizabeth

2015/9/3 21:19Profile

Re:

Ahh, that's too bad. Sorry to hear that.

2015/9/3 21:35
Elibeth

Re:

Julius,
Sorry it took me so long to get back,....I feel it is an important subject.
But ALL subjects of The Bible are important,because it pertains to us,..it is God' plumb line for our life,through the Spirit,..confirming it by The Word.
,....New Testament teachings,that the Deciples and early
church did not have.

But what does it mean to be UNGODLY ?
And,..UNGODLINESS ?

Could it be,by not allow the "OPERATION" of God,in our lives ?
My will,and not God' will?..refuse to die,..keep my life,..

( Col.2:12)..(Paul talks about an 'OPERATION' of God) ,.."
"Buried with Him in baptism,in which also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the OPERATION of God." ...Trusting,Believing,FAITH in His leading,
....following Him in that,...which would be GODLY.

Yes, I see The Scripture you gave 1Ti.1:9,...I see it as,..that SINNERS,
UNGODLY, unholy ,profane, murderers, manslayers,....yes,they are all heaped together in Scriptures.

And the next scripture,Jude 1:15, Talks about :

* God executing judgement upon all the UNGODLY,against all of the
UNGODLY deeds / doings. Jude calls these,UNGODLY SINNERS

What shall I say ?
could we consider this ?

What do you see ?

elizabeth

2015/9/11 19:40Profile

Re:

Hi Elizabeth,

I do agree that godliness is the operation of God in our lives. Godliness is not something we can manufacture.

The character of Christ is godliness and we are dependent on Him and His life in us. Before we were regenerated we were dependent on our old father the devil and produced ungodliness. After, regeneration and filling of the Holy Spirit, we are dependent on Jesus Christ whose spirit is the Spirit of Holiness.

Godliness is only the result of the expression of Jesus Christ in our lives. We are vessels, temples and cups. As Milton Green used to say, "we are cartons".

"Great is the mystery of godliness" (1 Tim 3:16).

Godliness is never the result of man's attempt to be like God or imitate Christ. The Christian life of godliness is not imitation but MANIFESTATION..."the life of Jesus manifested in our mortal bodies" (II Cor. 4:10-11)

Why does the Bible tell us to "follow after...godliness" and "exercise thyself rather unto godliness"? (I Tim 4:7 and 6:11). It is simply following after Jesus. Listening to Him, abiding in Him and to abide once must obey. No abiding without obedience.

Religion thinks it is something we do and ends up with a "form of godliness but denying the power thereof" (2Ti 3:5)

The self effort of religious works will never generate godly character (godliness).

Only as the Person of Jesus Christ is active in a Christian life will they have the "working of His Power" (Eph 3:7) sufficient to reign in life through Jesus Christ. (II Cor 12:9 and Rom 5:17,21).

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; (II Cor 3:5)

God is the only source of all godliness and only the Lord Jesus Christ can live the Christian life. The same godly life that He lived while on earth is the life that He wants to live in us. Only by the "obedience of faith" (Rom 1:5; 16:26), listening to His voice and being ready to receive His words and obey them will we allow Him to function within and through us, expressing His godliness.

Great also is the Mystery of Iniquity where once we allowed the Devil to function in and through us manifesting his character and ungodliness.

When Adam sinned and lost the life of God, he ceased to be in the image of God and his entire soul (personality) became available to the devil and the devil surely and wholly exploited Adam producing a race of ungodly men, manifesting ungodly character.

Once people understand the mystery of iniquity they are able to understand the mystery of godliness. The principles involved are identical. When we act in obedience to the Truth (Jesus Christ) then godliness is manifested, but when we act in obedience to Lies (Liar, Devil), then ungodliness is manifested.

Everyone (saint or sinner) has a spiritual father and cannot stand independent because man was made to be dependent, spiritually and manifests the spiritual character of his (F|f)ather.

2015/9/12 22:56
brothagary

Re:

It's called Hebrew parelelisim, it means the same thing ,it is a Jews way of emphasising and pressing a point ....

2015/9/13 4:49Profile
brothagary

Re:

ungodly
[uhn-god-lee]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
adjective, ungodlier, ungodliest.
not accepting God or a particular religious doctrine; irreligious; atheistic:
an ungodly era.
sinful; wicked; impious; not conforming to religious tenets or canons:
an ungodly life.
outrageous; shocking; dreadful; insufferable:
an ungodly roar; an ungodly hour to drop in.

From dictionary.com

Acording to this sinfully and ungodly are synonymous ,and that would agree with the way Jews express and press points in a poetic way ,,

We highlight words or use bold letters to achieve the same thing

2015/9/13 5:13Profile

Re:

Julius21,

Your reply is classic textbook stuff, it is widely held as right, it is preached in every town, I have personally read it in one form or another in hundreds of books, it seems so neat and tidy, it seems to make perfect sense, but it is wrong. And believing it is the major reason the church is powerless, in a mess, can't get arrested for throwing bricks through windows, puts people into bondage, sucks any hope of joy out of the Christian life and why God never shows up.

Since you have opposed every single word I have posted on sermonindex I expect this to be no different. So no need to reply to me I simply encourage you to dig into everything you said and revisit the entire idea, toss out the party line and see what you find.

There is so little said in the Bible about Adams fall and God intended the truth be mined in prayer and humility. But the real story is life changing. I literally watch chains of bondage fall off believers whenever the Lord brings His wounded to me. Be blessed and dig my brother.

marcmc

2015/9/13 8:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy