SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Legal homosexual marriage IS the judgment of God, not the cause of judgment

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

RE///Decent folks = non Christians who act like Christians should act. I know many.///

like the good samaritan

2015/8/28 21:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Marc wrote: "Their behavior regardless of its appearance or virtue has Adams rebellion and wickedness as its source."

We all know that.

The issue is still whether God is concerned with a nation as a whole vs individual inhabitants.

There has never been a nation as a nation that has followed God. Only remnants of individuals in nations do that.

2015/8/28 21:59Profile

Re:

TMK wrote

"There has never been a nation as a nation that has followed God. Only remnants of individuals in nations do that. "

Because the ability to walk in obedience to God is a gift.

marcmc

2015/8/28 22:22

Re:

Quote:
by dohzman on 2015/8/28 1:14:03

Why would God punish the godly with the wicked?

Christians are not appointed unto wrath so anything onerous to the flesh that comes into their lives they do not regard as punishment. If they are walking in the Spirit they regard it as a trial that will purify their faith.

1Pet_1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. (2Cor 4:16-18)

To the Christian, whose steps are ordered by the Lord, trials have great purpose. I know without a doubt that God will not rain down wrath upon those who love Him.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Notice the word wrath is not mentioned in the following verse:
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Those who experience God's judgment may persecute you, but there is purpose in that, too. All we have to do is look to Jesus as our "forerunner."

John_15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

These are exciting days we are living in. A great move of God in men's hearts will be seen by those who have eyes to see.

2015/8/28 23:04
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Marc wrote: "Because the ability to walk in obedience to God is a gift."

Yes, perhaps in part. But it would seem very odd for God to command men to do something if it can only be done if He gives them grace to do it.

2015/8/29 0:04Profile
yuehan

Re:

TMK: "Yes, perhaps in part. But it would seem very odd for God to command men to do something if it can only be done if He gives them grace to do it."

No, it's not odd. Galatians 3:19-29 - http://bit.ly/1PEdLwk

We could never do what God required, apart from abiding in Him. How otherwise could we have obeyed the first and greatest commandment, which is to love God with all of our being?

The choice which men have - throughout the Old Testament and the New Testament, and even today - is whether we choose to trust in ourselves or our idols, or trust God who is the source of righteous living.

2015/8/29 2:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
by TMK on 2015/8/29 0:04:16

Marc wrote: "Because the ability to walk in obedience to God is a gift."

Yes, perhaps in part. But it would seem very odd for God to command men to do something if it can only be done if He gives them grace to do it.

And what is this gift but nothing less than Christ, Himself.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. He strengthens us in our faith.

We are "doing", but it is by the power of Christ, for we CAN DO nothing without Him.

Grace is Christ, personified. Christ in us. Grace is not something apart from Christ.

2015/8/29 7:21

Re:

Colossians 3: 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Julius21 I could not agree more. The second a believer gets a revelation of the above verse the door to the overcoming life, exchanged life, devout life, transformed life, victorious life, abundant life or the other hundred names It has been called flings wide open.

It is by revelation of the future hope of Gods deliverer that men and woman in the Old Testement obeyed God and overcame in the area they were assigned ((Hebrews 11). And it is our revelations of the Holy Spirit of the victory of Christs life, death and ressurection that the beleiver overcomes. But both are the Gift of God.

Marc mc

2015/8/29 7:54
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yuehan, Marc, Julius-

I do not disagree with your statements. They are all true.

But there seems to be more to the story.

I am trying to think of an analogy but having some difficulty, but here is one that may be close.

Let's say that I command my son to drive to the store to buy some milk. However, I have the only set of car keys in my pocket. My son cannot obey until I give him the keys. So is it "right" for me to command him to drive to the store if I do not also hand over the keys when I make the command? It would also be ok to command this of him if he had his own set of keys (i.e. the ability to obey).

When Paul was preaching on Mars Hill, he said that God commands men everywhere to repent. To me the simple meaning of this verse is that since God commands this of men that they are able to comply.

I don't think we can simply remove man's responsibility from the equation.

2015/8/29 8:28Profile
yuehan

Re:

TMK -

My answer to your analogy is that it is the son's responsibility to reach out for your set of keys - an act of "faith", so to speak.

Too many people - in the position of the son - try to drive without asking for the set of keys.

I also think it would be a worthwhile endeavour to do a word study on "repentance", "man's responsibility", "obedience"... concepts which can be nebulous or not precisely understood by many Christians.

2015/8/29 9:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy