SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Legal homosexual marriage IS the judgment of God, not the cause of judgment

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Legal homosexual marriage IS the judgment of God, not the cause of judgment

An interesting two minute observation. Thoughts?

http://youtu.be/71kot4kAy9M

2015/8/26 9:52Profile
romanchog

Re: Legal homosexual marriage IS the judgment of God, not the cause of judgment

I have reached the same conclusion in reading Romans 1.

Romans 1:26-28
For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

2015/8/26 15:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I admit that I (and I think most Christians) have probably missed this point.

Most Christians would say that God's judgment will fall on America BECAUSE of the endorsement of gay marriage. However, as you point out per Romans 1 the judgment IS the giving over to homosexuality.

In other words, judgment has already fallen on those who shake their fists at God. They have received what they have asked for.

2015/8/26 17:09Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi TMK

I think there are 2 parts to this

1. the sin of the individual
2. the sin as a nation

the sin of an individual effects them personally as stated in Romans but the sin of a nation effects everyone.

A righteous Judge in America will be resigning from his position because he cannot endorse gay marriage as this goes against his christian beliefs but as a judge he must obey the law. This is starting to effect many Christians at the moment and it is either obey the law, resign or reap the penalties of the Law.

when the leaders of a country bow down to satanic principles then it is the people that reap from what is sown whether they believe in it or not.

2015/8/26 17:31Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi Karl-

I think your response is what a lot of folks would say, but what makes you think that God has any interest in the USA as a nation?

2015/8/26 20:12Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

It is reasonable. The Chaldeans were both judgment and the reason for judgment on themselves. Perhaps we are both too.

2015/8/26 21:39Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Very interesting!
Honestly hadn't considered this perspective and my initial response was that it very well may be the case, tho I'll need to study further. What pricked up my ears was the speakers humility and lack of dogmatism which I appreciated as it lends some credibility for me to his perspective. Definitely something to take seriously if this is in fact the case as it would change our directive in addressing this issue that we will be confronted by in the days ahead.

2015/8/26 21:46Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi TMK

I am not sure if i fully understand your question so forgive me if i get my response wrong. God has an interest in all nations and people because the more corrupt the leadership becomes the more Satan destroys the people and tries to keep them captive. On the other side of the coin God is giving a voice to his people who are speaking up against what is happening. Some ministers that are really making bold statements now, didn't a few years ago. I'm not disagreeing with you i just think there are various parts to the answer.

I think America is the main battle ground at the moment for spiritual warfare due to its influence in many, many countries around the world. Music, products, movies and news. Its the most looked at country as well because it is a superpower.

Just my view TMK

2015/8/27 0:13Profile
dohzman

Interesting. I like what crusader said about the duel stream individual/ national. As a nation I believe we have an administration in office that has openly thumbed its nose at God in almost every way possible, and I believe our cup is now full, the same sex marriage thing I never ever saw as them wanting marriage for the sake of marriage, but rather they wanted approval for a life style choice they make. It has been interesting to me how that we quickly moved for same sex marriage to transgender lifestyles and personalities moving quickly to the forefront. If God doesn't burn America with fire He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah (I speak tongue and cheek here). BTW I think the radio commentator did and excellent job with that callers question.

2015/8/27 2:50Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi Karl-

I don't think God cares about America the same way He did for Israel. Israel was a theocracy where the Priests enforced the law. Most other nations in OT were judged because of the way they treated Israel. God punished Israel because of the way they treated God.

I just don't think the same dynamic is in play when it comes to the U.S. I don't even think that favored 2 Chron 7:14 verse applies to us today in the U.S.

I think God holds men accountable, not nations. That is not to say that a nation won't reap what a majority of its inhabitants sow. But that is different than God bringing a specific drastic judgment on a nation because He has no special relationship with nations. Just people.

2015/8/27 8:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy