SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by marcmc on 2015/8/25 7:38:55

Julius21 wrote

"Do I think it is crazy? No. I just don't think the Lord has everyone doing the same thing when terrible situations happen. He has His reasons. "

Can you share an example of the Lord leading His Body in different directions in a time of crisis?

"The voice off the Holy Spirit is much more reliable to each individual than a generalized 2,000 year old prophecy. Believers need specifics not generalities and the Holy Spirit excels at specifics for you, me and anyone else that asks."

What is the most specific personal leading you received from the Holy Spirit this year?

Marc mc

Marc, the burden of proof is on you to show that we all should do the same thing instead of consulting the Holy Spirit.

The Ten Boom family did not prepare, and did not flee. Some died and some went to concentration camps. God had his purposes. In all of it, the Ten Boom family trusted Christ. Have you read Hebrews 11, lately?

We are not talking about preparing for a Tornado or Hurricane. I agree that we should prepare for those disasters because they are things that we know will happen on a certain day. But you are speaking in generalities. And yes, because most people today depend on grocery store shelves, it is good wisdom to have some weeks worth of food and other supplies. I think the Shemitah is talking about much more than a month of supplies.

Many people are not able to stock up or store anything for various reasons.

2015/8/25 8:47

Re:

That is not what I asked.

Marc mc

2015/8/25 10:07
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

I would like to ask a question. I have been hearing alot about Jade Helm, CERN (super demonic btw), a meteor, Shemitah, the Pope visiting in September, and the recent stock market crash. There is much fear associated with these events.

The original question is how are these things different or related to Y2K.

I am trusting that the Lord through His Holy Spirit will not let us be caught unaware or unprepared. When Y2K was happening there was much fear and stockpiling surrounding that event yet I was at peace.

There are many events in the bible where God supernaturally provided for His people and there are events where some preparation and forethought were in order.

Todd made a point the Lord quickened to me during Y2K. If things go south in a hurry and I owned a Walmart store and my neighbor comes and asks for food, water, and supplies, I cannot say no. Even if I did, they would still break in and take what they wanted anyway.

I saw a couple episodes only for a few minutes about a show called Dooms Day Preppers. These people are building under ground bunkers that are booby trapped, stocked with food, guns, and ammo. If anyone tries to break in these bunkers they are going to be killed.

Is there something wrong with me if I am not in fear of the above mentioned events? I am totally serious, I am not bragging or trying to be foolish.

I am continuing to learn to rely on the Holy Spirit to be my guide and I do not have any peace in trying to figure this all out for myself.

God gave Noah 120 years to prepare. If we need to prepare He will tell us to prepare, won't He?

Don't get me wrong here either. I know time is running VERY short and I know there is a groaning in creation and within my spirit for the Lords return. I just don't think a major disaster is coming in the next 35 days that is going to require me going to Costco and buying a year or 7 years supply of food. If and when I am told to, I have way to many family, friends, and if I truly fulfill the law of Christ, enemies who are going to come knocking on my door for food and water

The only preparing I am currently involved in is much prayer and prayer in the Spirit and the only fear I am experiencing is the condition of my loved ones and friends whose hearts are not yet right.

The other thing I would also like to add that when such cataclysmic events do happen it is going to drive/force people to run either to the Lord or from the Lord. Many are going to be filled with the Holy Spirit and many are going to sell their souls for a morsel of bread.

Luke 21:34-36 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. (35) For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. (36) Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

So again, Am I wrong for feeling this way or is God telling you to prepare and stockpile?

I saw a show with Jim Baker recently and he was selling food for up to 7 years supply. It reminded me of a guy whose first name was Stan something or other who was doing the same thing during Y2K. He was also selling these super thermal under ware for the winter. Does anyone remember this guy? He had dark brown hair and a mustache and he has gone awol/underground.

One final point, I leave for the Florida Keys on September 25th. The comet that is supposedly coming is set to hit Puerto Rico on that day which means no more Florida Keys if a Tsunami hits. The Lord has not told me to not go on vacation. If a Tsunami does hit, I am ready, but my wife is not, please pray for her, her name is Cindy.

2015/8/25 14:33Profile

Re:

The safest place to be is in the will of God. Ask Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego. Jesus is our Ark. We in Him and He in us. Jesus was about His Father's business not thinking about Himself and if He does direct me to stock up, I know it will be for others.

2015/8/25 15:01

Re:

Again I feel the need to say I have zero clue what fear you guys keep referring to. I live in Canada, we don't bust into each others houses, get into fights in public, I have never witnessed an incident of road rage, never seen a real handgun, never had anything stolen from me, never witness public violence etc etc etc.

When we had the black out several years ago our neighborhood shared everything, the convenience stores gave away most of there goods to people in the first few days, there was no looting and I did not hear of a single crime in our city.

I have never been afraid of a single thing my entire life. I do not have a stockpile of anything, all I did was take $10,000 out of the bank and buy $2000 worth of unparishables.

America is culture of fear, you guys have it pumped into your thinking day and night so you see your brand of prep from a base of fear. Canadians are not afraid primarily I think because none of us have any weapons and I see prep as common sense and wisdom.

Marc mc

2015/8/25 16:38

Re:

I don't have fear pumped into me. We had a hurricane once and I stocked up and bought food and generator and glad I did. We were out of power for 8 days. No one ran-sacked our neighborhood and everyone helped each other. We had a lot of candle light dinners. There are murders and robberies and rapes in Canada, you just have not encountered any. Thank God, either have I, in America. But, with 24 hour news, they seem to want to show negative news all the time when there are many good things to report. Yes, the media broadcasts fear. I am glad the Canadian media is not like that. They must broadcast good, healthy and wholesome news and you can be thankful for that.

There are a few things different between Canada and the U.S.

Canada has about 35 million citizens and the U.S. has about 318 million. That is roughly a factor of 10 less than the U.S.

Canada had 505 homicides in 2013 and times 10 that would be about 5050 homicides. There are other problems in America that contribute to crime that Canada is not exposed to. We have massive illegal entry on our southern border and many crimes are being committed by the illegal immigrants. 1/3 of the prison population in America is made up of illegal immigrants.

Canada had 1.4 victims for every 100,000 people.
USA had 4.7 for every 100,000 people. We are 111 on the list out of all countries. There are 110 countries ahead of us that excel in homicides.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

This is not violent crime, but I thought it was interesting that Canada have about 3500 suicides annually. During the 2000s, Canada ranked 34th-highest overall among 107 nations' suicide rates, and 17th among 34 OECD countries. Average suicides per 100,000 from 2000-2007: USA 11.0, Canada 11.5.

http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2011/02/us-vs-canada-suicide-edition.html#.VdzwiKMo7b0

Why is Canada's suicide rate so high if people live tranquil lives void of fear?

Fear causes many problems doesn't it? I have found no metrics for the fear factor.

In Canada, violent crimes continued to account for about one-fifth (21%) of all police-reported Criminal Code offences in 2013 (excluding Criminal Code traffic violations). In total, police reported about 384,000 violent incidents in 2013, approximately 32,000 fewer than in 2012, resulting in a rate of 1,092 violent violations per 100,000 population (Table 5). Almost all types of violent crimes decreased between 2012 and 2013, with the exception of extortion (+32%), aggravated sexual assault (level 3) (+9%) and sexual violations against children10, 11 (+6%).

It is great that your crime is decreasing. Ours would decrease if our Federal Government enforced immigration laws already on the books.

Still, if we multiply your violent incidents by 10, we will get about 3,840,000 million violent incidents.

So, comparing Canada with the USA is comparing Apples with Oranges. We are a buffer between you and Mexico. Mexican drug lords are now operating 70 miles within our borders. You have no doubt read of some of the heinous crime being committed by the illegal immigrants for example the lady in San Francisco that an illegal immigrant just walked up to and shot to her to death. He was a 5 time offender which means our judicial system and judges are complicit in turning a blind eye to what is happening.

Do Americans have something to fear? Well, yes they do. They try not to. They try to carry on and take care of their families, but robberies and rapes and murders continue to happen and they are increasing. Did you see what happened during Katrina? All the crime? Even after law abiding citizens had their firearms confiscated? They were disarmed, but the criminals then had free reign to rob, because they had their illegal guns. They don't obey the law and turn in their firearms. Have you seen what happened in Ferguson, MO, Baltimore, MD?

It is hard to stop marauding bands of youths when they want to ransack stores and businesses and get free things. And human life means nothing to them.

When grocery store shelves are empty, the cities have been ransacked, they will be leaving the urban areas and coming out to the rural areas. Everyone is very aware that marauding bands of men can create a lot of death and destruction, thanks to our illustrious news media (which actually fan the flames of destruction).

We have a nation just south of our porous border that by the end of Felipe Calderón's administration (2006–12), the official death toll of the Mexican Drug War was at least 60,000. Estimates set the death toll above 120,000 killed by 2013, not including 27,000 missing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War

Calling America "a culture of fear" is unfair at best and uninformed at the least.

It's not just "anchor babies" that are increasing in America, but Mexican crime, too. But the government has abandoned the American people. There is really no other way to say it. Has your government abandoned you? Is it still looking out for your interests (safety)?

2015/8/25 18:50
proudpapa

Re:

marcmc,
Add: (could we please) keep the national pride and predjudism out of this discussion.

2015/8/25 21:52Profile

Re:

Hey, I'm just trying to find a reason for the rediculous notion that wise preparation is based in fear and somehow indicates doubt in the Lord as well as the endless confirmation bias of Julius21.

As for the discussion about the book The Shemitah it's already settled that Cahn was right. The only question at this point is if yesterday was its beginning or end.

marcmc

2015/8/25 23:08

Re:

For the record.

I don't care about who is right or wrong and I am not proposing that people don't follow the Spirit or their conscience and not stock up whatever they think they should stock up. In fact, just the opposite. The people that really end up being right are the ones that manage to stay in the peace of Christ when everything around them is crashing down. Now, that is awesome!

I knew the world was getting worse and worse before Cahn's book. I guess Cahn's book would be good for those invested in the market but so are a dozen financial newsletters.

2015/8/25 23:29
proudpapa

Re:

RE:///As for the discussion about the book The Shemitah it's already settled that Cahn was right. The only question at this point is if yesterday was its beginning or end.///

Yesterday may have been the massive shaking that Cahn has been predicting and warning about?

2015/8/26 0:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy