SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

marc,

You should listen to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_BQXzyt8c

This man is making many, very good points about Cahn. I agree with him and there is something "unclean" about this whole thing.

2015/8/26 11:23

Re:

Julius21

Your CONFIRMATION BIAS has really got the better of you.

Act 5:38-39

And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

There is no upside for you. Enough has happened to validate the book already, things look as though he can only be more right and your still sticking out your neck.

marc mc

2015/8/26 12:10

Re:

Marc, there is a much bigger picture here than Jonathan Cahn and his book. You can label my thoughts/concerns any which way you want. My neck feels real fine, today.

2015/8/26 13:20

Re:

What is the bigger picture you are referencing and what context does it have in a thread about the Shemitah?

marc mc

2015/8/26 13:56
dohzman

Re: Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

I think the big difference is the tie in with the Blood Moons. Things are going to happen but the immediate time line in this Sept may not be right , however as a country we are on countdown, that said I do not believe there is anything to fear, The Lord has always had a plan of provision and protection for His children. I do believe we will have some major hurdles to over come as a country and perhaps will not be able to rise again as an entire nation..there comes a point when God releases nations to their own devices and destruction, understand I do not at all confuse America with Christianity, the two are vastly different. It's hard to imagine that a great nation called Babylon in Revelation could touch the whole world with its delicacies and in one day fall to utter destruction. So much so that the entire world morns her down fall. No matter what one thinks of these modern day prophets trumpeting across the land, one thing is certain, it might be wise to prepare and set our homes in order because the landscape in America is certain to change fast and most , even the liberals, will not be at all happy with the results.

2015/8/27 2:28Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

I want to share a true story by someone I believe on SI years ago (not sure). He said that he was from Russia and after the wall had come down he would send money to his mother and gifts, like a wonderful warm coat to wear but she would have none of it. She finally told him to stop sending anything because the gangs in the neighborhood would take notice and ransack her apt looking for 'American' things and money because they did that to other people. She had to live the way she always did or they would come in and take everything. True story.

Quote:
by marcmc
Funny you should say that, my wife is extremely devout and a sensitivity to the Spirit like few I have met said to me last night out of the blue, " I think we should double what we have.

Setting the stage with that story, I'm not trying to be difficult here but have some honest questions food storage that is not just for you but everyone who stocks up...

Say you do double it and the world falls out from underneath us...

If it truly will be as bad as Cahn says, how far will doubling your supply get you?

Now, if people are hungry and they smell cooked food from your house, what do you think they will do? How long do you think you will keep your food?

If you don't cook and they are hungry and losing weight but your weight hasn't changed, what do you think they will do?

Finally, are you doubling your food supply to help others? Or will you turn a hungry family away?

Don't you think that hungry family will keep coming back and bringing others?

Marc, I'm not trying to rain on your parade but how will you prepare for the worst of times while everyone might be starving around you?

God bless,
Lisa

2015/8/27 7:09Profile

Re:

Julius21, What is the bigger picture?

Lysa, So if I have zero storage, food and cash the Lord can take care of me but if I have a wise storage of the supplies that God has blessed me with in preparation I'm on my own?

Reminds me of a story I heard once. This old pastor was out fishing with the young Pastor who was taking over when he retired.

They were in the middle of the lake when a sudden violent storm kicked up. The young pastor said to the old one "should we row or pray?" The old Pastor replied "lets do both!"

marc mc

2015/8/27 9:12

Re:

Julius21

I see you replied on another forum.

marcmc

2015/8/27 19:01
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
No matter what one thinks of these modern day prophets trumpeting across the land, one thing is certain, it might be wise to prepare and set our homes in order because the landscape in America is certain to change fast and most , even the liberals, will not be at all happy with the results.

Well said. You know, if you are listening to the voice of the Spirit these days you don't need books about shemitah's and blood-red moons to know that He is preparing His people for difficult times and yet glorious times if we will yield fully to Him.

Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. (Isaiah 58:8-11)

BTW Dohzman, good to see you post here again.

In Christ,

2015/8/27 23:07Profile

Re:

When you say "set our homes" in order, what "home" are your referring to? Where we live temporarily or where we live permanently?

2015/8/27 23:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy