SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Head Coverings For Women In The Church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Now, in 1 Cor 11, there is no reference to the word, "submit", but in this thread there are a lot of posts making the connection of submission and head covering. If that is the case, why didn't the apostle Paul connect head coverings with submission in Eph 5 and Col 3?

Brother, you are right the word submit is not there, I would say that the headship order displayed in 1 Corinthians 11 infers submission of all christ, men and women.

I believe the more important aspect Paul shares is on God's Order and submitting to that for sisters, I wrote about this here:

Head Covering A Symbol To The Unseen Realm
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=55015&forum=34

2015/7/22 18:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
by narrowpath on 2015/7/22 17:15:08

If I take Julius21 conclusion Paul could have said, I give you the ordinance of head covering but in order to avoid church splits and contention, let everyone do as he or she deems right.

I did not say that. I only extrapolated from the thread the different viewpoints held by various individuals.

If it was cultural (Paul never spoke to any other church about this), then Paul's comment about "we have no custom, neither do the churches of God", makes spiritual sense to me. I have no idea what "because of the angels", refers to and I don't think anyone else does, either. The long hair makes more sense to me, "because of the angels", than a piece of cloth. But, that's just me. I don't teach on head coverings one way or the other.

Brother, enjoy what the Lord is leading you to do.

2015/7/22 20:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy