SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you visualize God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
yuehan

How do you visualize God?

We know facts about God's character, but we don't have a visual picture of God. So how do you visualize God and His Son to be like when you pray?

I'm interested in the doctrinal and practical aspects to this. After all, Scripture encourages us to fix our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2). Would be great to hear of your perspectives.

2015/5/30 14:18Profile

Re: How do you visualize God?

What do you mean by 'visualize'?

2015/5/30 14:23
yuehan

Re:

How do you imagine God to be like - what do you 'see' (so to speak) - when you pray?

2015/5/30 14:25Profile

Re:

Jesus said that if we know him, we know the Father. It is not important to visualize Him, but to know Him. In fact it is probably dangerous to try to visualize Him. What do you say?
In Christ,
L. Manto

2015/5/30 14:45
yuehan

Re:

Quote:
Jesus said that if we know him, we know the Father. It is not important to visualize Him, but to know Him. In fact it is probably dangerous to try to visualize Him. What do you say?

God created us with the capacity to be visual creatures. Anyone who reads the Bible, for instance, would visualize the stories in his mind.

I just wanted to make it clear that this is not a New Age thread, which definitely has no place on this forum. The concept and even the word 'visualize' preceded New Age practices - I believe there is no need to fear using the term itself.

2015/5/30 15:23Profile
Elibeth

yuehan,

How do I visualize God And His Son,..?

The Scriptures says, God is Spirit,..invisible,...God is The Word,..He who Speaketh and it is done,...He is Breath.

The Lord,He is God,...The Lord,He is God.
Lord: King / Ruler,..The Holy One.
Above all,....ALMIGHTY

He is The Spirit / Word,....which is The Holy Spirit that comes to Live in us.

And,I see Jesus as The Son of God,as Paul,Peter,and the others referred to Him over and over in the Scripture.
I see Him,as shedding His Precious Blood. And because of His sacrifice,has made an entrance for us to enter in...that,.."as many as received Him,to them gave He power to become the children of God,even to them that believe on His Name." ( Jn.1:12 )

I see His Name,and God' Name,as everything that ,that Name stands for.
( The whole counsel of God,...His Word / The Word.
I see That Name / That Word,..that He gives to us through The Holy Spirit,..if we allow it to do It' work in us,..it makes us one with He and The Father.

elizabeth

2015/5/30 18:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

John14:9: "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

When I read about Jesus in the Gospels I see a humble person, a servant who speaks with power and authority. In Revelation I see a man who has triumphed over whatever obstacles the devil threw his way - there He is the King of Kings...and the Father is in the background supervising it all.

In my mind I visualize God as being so holy, so holy yet so merciful, so awesoome I am not sure I could stand to look at him very long without bowing my head in reverence at his holiness.

So sacred, so holy, so kind, so merciful, so full of love..this is what I "see in his eyes", how I visualize God.

Sandra

2015/5/30 19:04Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

There are Christians that are being taught in some circles to create an image of Jesus in your mind.

I find that this is not only unscriptural but it is dangerous. The enemy is more than ready to accommodate any one that uses Visualization techniques.

The Holy Spirit has come to reveal Jesus Christ to us. When the Holy Spirit reveals Jesus to us in any of His attributes, then we are seeing God, not an image, but a knowledge.

There are many Christians that have had divine encounters with the Lord and have seen the Lord. Many Muslims are being saved because they are having dreams, visions, and divine encounters with Jesus Christ.

We should be praying the prayer in Ephesians. We should be praying that God would give to us and to the church the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. We should be asking the Lord to open our eyes.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God". (Matthew 5:8).

"But we all looking on the glory of the Lord, with unveiled face, are transformed according to the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. (2 Cor. 3:18).

We need to spend time in the presence of the Lord every day, and also in fellowship with other believers.

"When you said, "Seek My face", My heart said to you, "Your face Lord, I will seek." (Psalm 27:8). 4

2015/5/30 20:44Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
So how do you visualize God and His Son to be like when you pray?

I find no need to visualize God in prayer, for the moment we walk by faith and not by sight and that is enough for me. God has appointed that by faith we endure as seeing Him who is invisible; it's as if we saw God because He has given us the earnest of His Spirit.

In Christ,

2015/5/31 0:30Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Hello yuehan,

Which is the better sight? To see with the eyes or to perceive with the heart?

Blessings,

2015/5/31 10:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy