SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : This Protestant Denomination Just Blessed Same-Sex Marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

There are two verses in the book of Leviticus that refer to homosexual behavior. The first reads, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination" (18:22). While the second goes even further: "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them" (20:13). Personally I feel God has a little bit more of an issue with homosexual behavior, than he might lying,stealing,rebellious,prideful,filled with lust, fornication, etc. but I'm just guessing here.

2015/6/5 10:58Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

mr bill

really do you think so? i am asking sincerely because the only religion I know that teaches degrees of sin are the Roman Catholics. i always believed sin is sin. i mean the Bible tells us all sin leads to death and all sin is evil in the eyes of the Lord. Adam and Eve were cast out because they behave rebelliously to the Lord and disobeyed Him.

just my curiosity asking. i don't believe one sin is worse then another except the unpardonable sin of blasphemy the Holy Spirit. i suppose this takes us pretty for off topic though so i will close by saying i do not condone homosexual behavior nor do i believe there is any compromise when it comes to this sin. they need prayer and Jesus so they can repent and flee from their sin. then again we all need that don't we:)

2015/6/5 12:20Profile
brothagary

Re:

The principle of proportionate punishment states that the more serious sin requires more severe punishment. Consider the method of punishment for broken laws in ancient Israel. Were all the punishments equal? No! The punishment for kidnapping was death (Exodus 21:16), whereas the punishment for stealing livestock was their restoration (Exodus 22:1).

This principle dictates that the punishment must fit the crime. The Romans called it Lex Talionis (literally, "law of retaliation"). Many people know of it from the Bible's vivid description:

. . . life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. (Exodus 21:23-25)

God uses this principle in His judgments—greater and lesser punishments for greater and lesser sins. Under "an eye for an eye" in the Bible, the punishment must match, but not exceed, the damage or harm done by the perpetrator. The law placed strict limits on the amount of damages anyone could collect. It permitted no one to "get rich quick" from another's mishap. Moreover, God intended this law to be a rule of thumb for judges, not an authorization of personal vendetta or private retaliation.

by Martin G. Collins
Forerunner, "Ready Answer," November 1

2015/6/5 17:50Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

doesn't Jesus blood cover all sins? Doesn't the price of sin equal death? i just don't see in the New Testament the idea of degree of sin. God hates all sin, all sin leads to death and separation from God.

2015/6/5 18:32Profile
brothagary

Re:

You must be closing you eyes sis the principles of greater sins and lesse sins is there..
Jesus him self said that the one who delivered him up , who was judas had the greater sin compared to pilote ,..

The fact that we have greater commands like love God ,and love you newbour means that it is a greater sin to break those commands

Some sins show how depraved and utterly evil our heart really is .

Like for instance you sis ,if you comited a sin today like got angry and had an argument with some one who stole you purse ,and then the next day let some idol words out of you mouth and say the third day got caught up in gossiping about you paster..
I dare say on the first day of you sin you would have ask forgiveness and so on for the second and third sins of the following days

But if you on the first day kidnaped a you child and the second day raped them and on the third day cut there little neck . That would show that you are very evil even if you prayed for forgiveness ,these greater sins show the work of satans laws writers in the heart and even that you either belong satan or Jesus ..

Some one may argue that God would forgive the pedofilic blood thristy behaviour ,mabybut the result of true forgiveness would be that that person would never be able to do that evil again , but in your case and my case we still have the ability to make the mistakes and produce the sinful expressions for instance ,like wasting to much time debating theoligal passions and not enough time on the streets witnessing and feeding the poor, or have another argument with a catholic or grumbling against Obama, yet the end result if you are a true Christian will be confession and forgiveness ..

Jesus said that those who new there godswill and refused to do it will get more beating and those who did not no gods will and yet disobead.

So I would expect that when Jesus said that judas had done the greater sin ,and pilot the lesses that in a similar way judas punishment or strips will be more then pilotes ?

Even Paul said that some signs are so bad that we can't even speak about those things done in secret.
And that some sins in the church were not even given the chance to repentance but ,remove the evil men from your midts a little leaven leavens a whole lump ,and other sins People were called to repent rather then excommunication them with out question ,..
All this really teaches that there are degrees of sin and degrees of punishment teperal and perminent.

Sister if you honest don't believe that the bible teaches that it is because you theology ,is well causing you to ignore clear words and teaching of Jesus and the apostals,,,but definitely all sin separates from God in one form or another weather it be seperation regarding the new birth and reconciliation, or spirtual blessings regarding the Christian ....

2015/6/5 19:15Profile
brothagary

Re:

This why I believe that those knew gods will , yet were in disobedience ,namely the liberal church pasters and evangelists,will have the greater sin compared to the practicing homosexual who did not no gods will ..

I think Jesus teaches that

2015/6/5 19:27Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Great! Word Brotha....

2015/6/5 19:30Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

i was raised a roman catholic, they teach degrees of sin. some sins require more to be forgiven for then others and honestly that is what i was taking away from both your and Mrbill posts. i could have misunderstood what you are saying because this form of communication is great for misunderstandings.for me, i don't see someone who commits murder and goes to hell will be any worse off then the person who commits adultery and goes to hell will be. both sinned, both rejected God and both will suffer death and separation from God. on the flip side of the coin if a person commits adultery repents turns to God and lives for him they are forgiven and so is the person who commits a murder. Jesus blood covers all sin except the unpardonable sin.

that is my understand from the Word. There is forgiveness for those who seek it. in the catholic church they teach some sins are worse then others, some you can get a pass on like telling "a little white lie," while others are far worse. God has a lot to say about liars but to some lying isn't so bad. for me i just think its best to see all sin as wicked and evil before a Holy and just God that way i don't deceive myself into thinking i'm not so bad.

these are just my thoughts on the matter. i should apologize for taking the thread so far off topic. thank you to both you and Mrbill for responding to me. i am not sure if in this form of communication is coming across all that well so i am going to leave this topic now.

wish you both well

2015/6/5 20:30Profile
brothagary

Re:

Definitely no hard feelings sister ,

To be honest my hate of the teachings of much of the Catholic Churches cause me to cast the baby out with the bath water ,

I think they use the terms mortal sins and venial sins I thought that was rubbish ,but after reading what Jesus said a bout judas havering the greater sin then pilet and other teachings as some being punished with less and more strips and many other sections of the bible , there is some truth in it , but blending it with penance priest confection and the other false teach many of us just become the née jerk reaction and go in the other direction, which tends to mis truth also ,..

I just want to believe what the scripture teaches in its full biblical context, with a clear concence ,I'm sure you want that too ,so God bless you on you bible study's

2015/6/5 22:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy