SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 18

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"It is God’s work to fill you with the Holy Spirit. If we submit to Him, He will fill us." - Zac Poonen

2016/7/1 13:10Profile
alamb

High Point, NC

Re:

post deleted

2016/7/3 0:35Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

I am aware that this will elicit storms of persecution, but in the name of the Lord it must come. God will be glorified in the escape of his holy children from all human enclosures into the “one” and identical “fold of Jesus Christ.” Oh! let us he honest before God in this matter. - D.S. Warner

2016/7/5 16:25Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Oh, the thousands of souls that are being lost to all eternity through the selfish, wicked, and carnal spirit of our churchism! God is dishonored, yea, robbed of the purchase of His Son’s death, and infidelity stalks abroad—the result of a divided house." - D.S. Warner

2016/7/5 16:29Profile
forrests

Re: Emmet Fox a Christian?

Quote:
"God cannot, as people sometimes think, send sickness or trouble, or accidents...much less death...for these things are unlike His nature."

"alamb",

It appears to me upon a bit of internet research that Emmet Fox was not a Christian and that the "New Thought" and "Divine Science" movements are also erroneous/heretical movements.

I was lead to check this out on the basis that the above quote is patently unbiblical and one cannot hold to the inspiration of scripture and biblical inerrancy and believe the quote above. While the premise is sound (God is purely Good and Holy) - I could cite many times when the bible (in both the old and new testament) flat out contradicts the conclusion of the above quote.

I believe the problem arises when our point of reference is amiss. God is good, man - in and of himself, is not. Therefore it is in agreement with God's Holy Nature to punish and judge evil. If man were good and had never done wrong and 'evils' still befell him - this would be harder to reconcile with God's nature.

Now, in a fallen and sin-sick world, suffering and 'evil' does befall the righteous; including Jesus Christ Himself. This is in agreement with self-sacrificial love, which is also God's nature (to His eternal praise and our eternal joy).

But there are many, many instances in the Bible of sickness, suffering and death coming directly from God's hand and also by His word through ministers of His.

A few instances:
* Capitol punishment under the Law of Moses.
* The flood of Noah's day.
* Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities of the pain.
* The "Fiery Serpents" in the wilderness.
* The destruction of Jericho and other sinful cities, apparently including the killing of women and children.
* The death of Pharaoh's army in the Red Sea.
* The death of the firstborn in Egypt.
* The Death of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5.
* The 'hand of the Lord' striking a man with blindness through Paul in Acts 13.

I truly hope you will consider my words and test this man and his doctrine by the Lord Jesus and His teaching and practice, as well as that of His apostles.

Grace to you in Jesus' Life Giving Name.

2016/7/5 17:05Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"Then the Lord spoke to me once and asked me, "Do you want to impress people or do you want to help them?" I said, "Lord, I want to help them". Then the Lord said, "Stop trying to impress them then" - Zac Poonen

2016/7/6 0:07Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

“Where,oh,where are the eternity-conscious believers? Where are the souls white-hot for God because they fear His holy name and presence and so live with eternity’s values in view?” - Leonard Ravenhill

2016/7/7 20:43Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"The way you react to people who do evil to you could trigger a reaction in someone watching you that could result in his salvation." - Zac Poonen

2016/7/8 13:04Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"The house churches in china have already been exempt from the bondage of denominationalism." - Shen Xiao Feng

2016/7/11 0:36Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

"A leader must be clear about God’s calling and regularly spend time in devotion and prayer so as to maintain a fervent heart." - Shen Xiao Feng

2016/7/11 0:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy