SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 18

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

"To break off with a rude shock from a vicious habit strengthened by years of continuence, to crush a passion which has come to rule us with an iron hand, to be roused by such a sense of coming vengeance amid our follies and our crimes as tears us from our tyrant's grasp - feeling that Christ can never come to rule in the same bosom - then, to begin to oppose them, to check them, to struggle with them, grapple for the mastery - trials like these are fearful to flesh and blood. Flesh and blood alone never bore them. There we feel our weakness, and there it is that we learn to take all our strength from the arm on which we lean; encouraged by His promise, 'My grace is sufficient for thee (2Corinthians 12:9)." - W.C. Burns (Excerpt from his sermon, "Pressing Into The Kingdom"; the text is Luke 16:16; "Revival Sermons", by William C Burns; page 26.

2016/2/27 13:48Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"And He only really uses me when I am little in my own eyes, and really humble at His feet." - William Durham, 1911

2016/3/1 19:32Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"The Lord is coming soon. The Church in the end times must receive the message, they must share the Gospel, love and be as one.” – Xiao Min

2016/3/1 19:32Profile

Re:

Judaism was a fold,
a circumference without a center,
but Christianity is a flock,
where we have a center without a circumference,
we have no wall about us, but we are gathered around Him,
our Great Shepherd.

-H.A. Ironside

2016/3/2 1:00

Re:

IN the beginning the Church was a fellowship of men and women who centered their lives on the living Christ. They had a personal and vital relationship to the Lord. It transformed them and the world around them. Then the Church moved to Greece, and it be came a philosophy. Later it moved to Rome, and it became an institution. Next it moved to Europe and it became a culture. Finally it moved to America, and it became an enterprise. We've got far too many churches and so few fellowships.

-Richard Halverson

2016/3/2 1:19
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Someone once said, "We have too many teachers and hardly any preachers any more"....Sounds like something Leonard Ravenhill would say though :)

2016/3/2 22:38Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

"What man in his right mind looks into the darkness to get light?" - A thought that came to me some years back that I wrote into one of my journals

2016/3/2 22:50Profile

What am I working for?

"What am I going to work for? Am I going to work to try to establish some society, some denomination, or some 'undenomination', to win a place for teaching, or an interpretation, or a system of truth? Is it to some THING that I am devoted, or is it to secure for the Lord Jesus His absolute centrality and supremacy?"

T. Austin-Sparks

2016/3/2 22:57
Yeshuasboy

Re:

"Reverend Duncan Campbell of Edinburgh says,

For tender, solemn beauty, for reverent setting forth of what the inner vision discerns as it looks upon the Crucified, I know of no verse in our hymnology equal to the stanza beginning,

'See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!'

There have been many singers with a finer sense of melody - Watt's metrical and musical range was limited; he had only 6 - but not the most tuneful of our sacred poets has given us lines more exquisite than these."

-Excerpt taken from "The Hymns And Hymn Writers Of The Church: An Annotated Edition Of The Methodist Hymnal", by Charles S Nutter and Wilbur F Tillett; edition 1911; page 78-79. (Concerning Isaac Watt's hymn "Crucifixion To The World By The Cross Of Christ")

2016/3/2 23:20Profile

Re:

His aim was never to give us a new religion in order that we might live a bit more decently - in that case Moses and his law would have sufficed.

- Christopher Blumhardt

2016/3/2 23:49

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy