SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 18

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Great Quotes 18

Life relates to a person. Religion relates to things. That's one great difference. Religion is taken up with things. As, for instance, rules, doctrines, theology, duty, institutions, rituals and other such things. Now I do not say that any of those things are necessarily evil but in those things there is no life. You can have all the rules, all the doctrine, all the theology, be a member of the church, keep all the institutions and ordinaces and rituals of the church without having life. Life is not in things. ~ Derek Prince

2015/8/4 19:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The nature of worship has shifted from corporate prayer to platform presentational performance. Worship, instead of being a rehearsal of God’s saving actions in the world and for the world, is exchanged for making people feel comfortable, happy, and affirmed." - Robert E. Webber

2015/8/4 23:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The incarnation is the starting point for our spirituality. . . . God united himself with humans in order for men and women to be united with God. The incarnation is not something unrelated to us; it has everything to do with our spirituality—for the incarnation not only brings God to human nature but brings human nature to God." - Robert E. Webber

2015/8/4 23:19Profile

Re:

The most important verse in Scripture is “And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory of the only Son from the Father . . .”

“The Word became flesh”—is the Great Divide. In all other religions it is Word became word—a philosophy, a moralism, a system, a technique, but for all time and all men everywhere, “the Word became flesh”—the Idea became Fact.

Then I got hold of this difference (between all world religions and Christianity) in all other religions it is the Word become word, but only in Jesus Christ, did the Word become flesh. Then (and only then) Everything fell into its place. I had the Key, and this Key fitted everything in East and West . . . Religions are man’s search for God. The gospel is God’s search for man.

Therefore, there are many religions, but only one gospel.

–E. Stanley Jones

2015/8/5 0:46
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"I am going the way of my fathers, as the Scripture says, for I see myself called by the Lord. Be you wary and undo not your long service of God, but be earnest to keep your strong purpose, as though you were but now beginning. You know the demons who plot against you, you know how savage they are and how powerless; therefore, fear them not. Let Christ be as the breath you breathe; in Him put your trust. Live as dying daily, heeding yourselves and remembering the counsels you have heard from me." - St. Anthony of the Desert

2015/8/6 11:37Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

"All our choices, separations, and sacrifices are vain until we come to Calvary and reach the sprinkled Blood. "What would Jesus do?" is not the question until first we have understood what Jesus has done, and accepted it for our salvation. It is this alone that gives us acceptance with God." - A.B. Simpson

2015/8/6 18:22Profile

Re:

The Cross is the greatest
surprise in human history.
None of the religions
of the world could even have
thought of such a thing.

–John Ensor

2015/8/8 15:48

Re:

Through the cross,
God showed that
even killing God
cannot put God off
from relating to
and loving us.
He rose again to tell us.

–John Goldingay

2015/8/8 15:51
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"LORD Jesus, I give you my hands to do your work. I give you my feet to go your way. I give you my eyes to see as you do. I give you my tongue to speak your words. I give you my mind that you may think in me. I give you my spirit that you may pray in me. Above all, I give you my heart that you may love in me your Father and all mankind. I give you my whole self that you may grow in me, so that It is you, LORD Jesus who live and work and pray in me." - The prayer of the Grail Community

2015/8/9 10:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Honesty and humility are like twins. They always go together in a person. They are like the two sides of a coin. You can't have one side without having the other. If you are really humble, you will be honest too. To acknowledge your craftiness is to humble yourself. When you renounce dishonesty you are actually renouncing a part of your pride." - Zac Poonen

2015/8/9 23:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy