SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dont believe the lie

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re: The meaning of Jerusalem

More unfulfilled Bible prophecy:

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days,
That the mountain of the LORD’s house shall be destablished in the top of the mountains,
And shall be exalted above the hills;
And fall nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say,
Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
And he will teach us of his ways,
And we will walk in his paths:
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations,
And shall rebuke many people:
And they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
And their spears into pruninghooks:
Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
Neither shall they learn war any more. - Isaiah 2:2-4

One of the problems turn in properly interpreting these verses are that the replacment field of theology has changed the meaning of Jersualem to mean the church. So that interpretation is that when you see the word Jerusalem in these verses it really doesn't mean the city of Jersualem but supposedly actually means the church. Thus any prophetic future for Jerusualem is nullifed and replaced. I agree though with the way you see it.

2015/4/28 12:37Profile
turn

USA

Re:

Thanks, docs.

If you love humanity and the planet, part of the good news is the hope that destructive, murderous wars will cease and that better days will come.

If you love Jesus Christ and the honor of His Name, then part of the Good News is that Jesus will obtain the honors that were denied Him when He came to first time to accomplish Redemption. All nations will worship the King, the Lord of Hosts.

The hope for the end times is not so much "I'll fly away" but rather "Jesus will return and stay."

2015/4/28 14:26Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

hi turn-

I am not sure if your posts are directed to me, but if so you seem to have the mistaken idea that I do not believe in a yet future 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

I do believe that, and a future resurrection. But I do believe the 2nd coming will be immediately followed by the creation of the new heavens and the new earth (while the saints are raptured) and after which we will return to reign with Christ on the new earth, and not just for 1000 years but forever.

2015/4/28 15:20Profile
docs

Re: Thanks docs

Thanks you also turn. I like you view that it's not so much "I will fly away" but "Jesus will return to stay." It doesn't seem unscriptural or illogical to me that He will return to the place from whence He left. The same stream of theology that has changed the meaning of Jerusalem in the above verses to mean the church can also give you a explanation as to why the nations have already beat their swords into plowshares and are already learning war no more.

2015/4/29 7:47Profile
budgie

Re: dont be decieved

The more I study the words of Jesus and Paul the more I realise the importance of what they are saying when they say (do not be deceived)
Jesus said do not let anyone planaō you or in other words don't let anyone cause you to roam (from safety, truth, or virtue): - go astray, deceive, err, seduce, wander, be out of the way.

This was Jesus reply to the disciples when they asked about His Coming.

Jesus said this because He knew that there would be many false teachings that would arise regarding His Coming.

Look at what Paul states in 2 Thess 2 about the Coming of Jesus and our gathering together to Christ.

Let no man exapataō you or in other words to seduce wholly: - beguile, deceive you.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (((the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,))) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Paul said to remember.

Do we listen to the words of Jesus and Paul who are so strongly wanting us to listen to them and not be deceived or do we listen to men and begin to wander from the Truth.

Jesus will be Coming after the Apostasy and after the revealing of the Antichrist and after the Tribulation has ended and after the signs in the sky, just as Paul and Jesus Prophesied and when Jesus Comes He will destroy the Antichrist.

Praise God for His Word is true and Just.

2015/4/30 0:55Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

Amen budgie!

2015/4/30 1:43Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
budgie wrote:
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (((the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,))) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Budgie,

Amen, brother, amen! When I first came across this verse, like most on here I couldn’t believe that Christians might suffer so for a few months, I struggled and went half way with Mid-Trib!! :) But I still had too many questions. Then I did a study on suffering...

1 Peter 4:16 says, “Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.”

2 Tim 2:11-12a, “It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him, IF WE SUFFER, WE SHALL ALSO REIGN WITH HIM:”

Phil 1;29 “For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, BUT ALSO TO SUFFER FOR HIS SAKE;”

AND Phil 3:10 “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS, being made conformable unto his death;”

I am of a belief that satan has twisted the word ‘suffer’ to the church, so Christians won’t believe that we are to be here and be taken out as not to suffer, especially the American church, when the Scriptures speak plainly on the matter of suffering. But that’s just my two cents brother!

God bless,
Lisa

2015/4/30 8:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I recommend a reading of Matthew Henry's commentary of 2 Thess 2.

2015/4/30 11:35Profile
budgie

Re: Thanks Lysa

Yes it is very true, the church in the rich English speaking countries today is so different from the Church when it first began after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Jerusalem, we really do not understand the concept of persecution and true suffering for declaring our love for Jesus.
They were burned alive, fed to lions, cut in half, legs and arms torn off, beheaded and much more.

What we see today done by ISIS to Muslims and Christians is what the church endured on a daily basis.

One thing that amazes me is that there is Muslims today being saved in Syria, Iran and Iraq and becoming devout Christians and their hearts cry is to forgive ISIS for raping and killing their daughters, wives, mothers etc
Their hearts cry is to see ISIS soldiers saved and to know Jesus.
These people are rejoicing in the Joy of the Lord

Saul killed Christians before he met Jesus and Jesus showed him love and Paul became a gracious tool for Jesus and for us gentiles.

Are we willing to take up our cross today and surrender all so as to see the world saved or to we only think of ourselves as if we are all that matters to God

Would we show love to ISIS and have the heart of God to see these blinded people saved

God give us your heart for the lost instead of a fleshly desire to escape from this earth

2015/5/4 6:47Profile
budgie

Re: TMK I recommend a reading of Matthew Henry's commentary of 2 Thess 2.

Thanks TMK for your advice on Matthew Henrys commentary on 2 thess 2

I enjoyed reading and he presented it well, very thought provoking.

We must be prepared for what is to come and Trust in Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

He will Come as He Prophesied

We know exactly when He will come as He prophesied and what events will happen before He comes, we just don't know the exact day or hour of His Coming after those events happen.

But we know very clearly when He will be at the door, and we know when to lift our heads and we know when to look up and we know when our Redemption draws near.

We know to learn the parable of the signs that Jesus mentions so that we will not be in the dark, He will not Come as a thief for those who are aware of the signs.

Thank You Jesus for telling us beforehand.

The harvest is ripe and the labourers are few, God help us to be Labourers regardless of the cost.

2015/5/4 6:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy