SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Credentials.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

You know of course that Jesus quoted the book Of Deuter-Second-nomous Law more than any other book of the OT.

2005/5/10 21:52Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Aaron

You have not offended me Aaron, but may I ask you. Do you know what "prophesying" is? I hope I have not offended you by asking, but I am a little puzzled by some of your statements.

By the way...I think I have listened to just about all of Art Katz's sermons, and some new ones from different websites. He is very good. I have also listened to all of Ravenhill's sermons, and many many others from this site, and other sites. What have I said that is not scriptural?

There are many thousands of prophets in the old testament of whom we know nothing except that “the prophesied”. I am pressed for time, but tomorrow I will give you more scriptures for your consideration, for I had taken for granted that you already knew this, but from the evidence I am not quite convinced anymore. What is your take on the prophesying (not only of Saul but of the company of prophets) in the following:

1 Samuel0:5-10 "After that you will come to the Hill of God where there are Philistine garrisons. When you arrive at the city, you will meet a group of prophets coming down from the high place prophesying. They will be preceded by harps, tambourines, flutes, and lyres. The Spirit of the Lord will control you, you will prophesy with them, and you will be transformed into a different person. When these signs have happened to you, do whatever your circumstances require because God is with you. Afterwards, go ahead of me to Gilgal. I will come to you to offer burnt offerings and to sacrifice fellowship offerings. Wait seven days until I come to you and show you what to do." When Saul turned around to leave Samuel, God changed his heart, and all the signs came about that day. When Saul and his attendant arrived at Gibeah, a group of prophets met him. Then the Spirit of God took control of him, and he prophesied along with them.

1 Samuel 19:18-24 18 So David fled, and escaped, and came to Samuel to Ramah, and told him all that Saul had done to him. And he and Samuel went and dwelt in Naioth. And it was told Saul, saying, Behold, David is at Naioth in Ramah. And Saul sent messengers to take David: and when they saw the company of the prophets prophesying, and Samuel standing as appointed over them, the Spirit of God was upon the messengers of Saul, and they also prophesied. And when it was told Saul, he sent other messengers, and they prophesied likewise. And Saul sent messengers again the third time, and they prophesied also. Then went he also to Ramah, and came to a great well that is in Sechu: and he asked and said, Where are Samuel and David? And one said, Behold, they be at Naioth in Ramah. And he went thither to Naioth in Ramah: and the Spirit of God was upon him also, and he went on, and prophesied, until he came to Naioth in Ramah. And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?

Now I am not suggesting that when I am prophesying I am compelled to take of all my clothes and prophesy all day and all night, the point of these passages is to get you to ask yourself, what do you suppose these men were prophesying about? I say this only because the majority of thought on what a prophet is influenced by an elite minority (major and minor prophets) of prophets (I say “minority” because there were literally thousands of other prophets of which we know nothing, I will endeavor to post the accounts of them tomorrow), and no doubt that God can raise up men like that even today but, consider careful for a moment. Are the prophets addressed by Paul in Corinth of like the Elijahs and Jeremiahs or were they men who possessed the gift of prophesy? Okay one last quote on illustrating the range of prophesy, just for your consideration, to get your mind off thinking of prophesy as only predicting the future consider please the prophecies of Mary, Elizabeth and Zechariah.

Luke1:39-56 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda; And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth. And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord. And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever. And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

Luke1:67-80 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life. And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by he remission of their sins, Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

James

2005/5/10 23:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Frankly

I don't see this as beating up the 'prophets' as much as testing them and a grand testing it is. Actually it is rather tremendous how well this discussion has been going thus far, have seen far more divisiveness of more topical things and this, though having some battle array to it and some stubbornness to move from fixed positions from the 'prophets' side of things... :-P Just a little levity there lest we think too highly of ourselves, more than we ought...is helpful I hope to all that are in it as well as the more saner that may be observing from a safer distance.

So to jump back into the mud and hopefully Aaron won't be to far behind, he is on my side here :-P (Just some carry over Calvin and Hobbes residue)..maybe it is needed here a bit. Not to lessen anything but to bring something else to bear on all this. We are not disembodied spirits roaming the corridors of Heaven just yet and something of a personal trouble that surely we all struggle with in varying degrees is 'the real world'. What I mean is coming away from here and my tendencies especially in the morning is to be in prayer and reading scripture and bouncing in and out of this sanctuary amongst the saints and it is all just odd and strange and beautiful and depressing at times, wouldn't change it for the world. And there is no form or preset structure to it other than an inner compelling that I love, to know Gods thoughts after Him and to share it all here and glean so many, many things and to give it all back in whatever form it takes. It's a lot of prayer and a lot heart searching and a lot of challenges and a whole lot of [i][b]thinking[/b][/i] because that is where we process all the things that are going on within us. Not reason alone but as part and parcel to what we are. Whole being units. Not divisible parts. It is one of the sticking points of our brother Ron (Philologos) that bores out from the adamantly that he would by force press the issue in regards to our so called 'will'.

[b]There is just [u]you[/u][/b]!

It's as if I can hear him just pleading it with us '[i]get this through your thick heads[/i]' (my words).

Yes another short diatribe. But what I am trying to get at is that, I must rise from my face and go forth, out into the world of 'reality' and to pry back on that can of worms a bit, it is truly a lie 'real' as it is, meaning that it is made up of so much milling about, all striving after a profit to no end. But it's there and it's a demanding monster that we must, Pilgrims and strangers, peculiar 'other worldly' beings that we are, with an emphasis on peculiar...[i]deal with[/i].

Thank God there is such a place as this to let out the spiritual steam that builds up within us.

So what does any of this have to do with prophecy?
Good question... It just seems that what is in part happening and needs to happen is to bring to bear down on all of this the whole counsel of God and that whole counsel comes forth from His word. And yes, it is precisely why so many of us hold to an inerrant and 'closed' cannon of scripture.
We wrestle within it's pages and I dare say that there is by far more than enough there alone to deal with multiplied lifetimes and then we can turn to the book of Exodus after leaving Genesis. Progressing through will only find us back at the starting point somewhere along the line because there is just no end to it.

[i]All he could hope to do, Tozer said, was to place the right emphasis at the right time. If in his writings the reader should discover something new, he should reject it, for whatever in religion is new is by the same token false. The unconditioned priority of God in His universe, said Tozer, is a truth so necessary to right thinking about God and ourselves that it cannot be too strongly emphasized. it is a truth known to everyone, a kind of common property of all religious persons, but because so common it now has little meaning for any of us. It has suffered the fate of which Coleridge writes:

'Truths, of all others the most awful and interesting, are too often considered as so true, that they lose all the power of truth, and lie bed-ridden in the dormitory of the soul, side by side with the most despised and exploded errors.' [/i]

Fortunately we have amongst ourselves some here who have been mining the Scriptures for upwards of 20, 30 and 40 some odd years and they have yet to exhaust them. There opinions on matters I will gladly consider to be of more weight than any Johnny come lately 'prophet' that wants to start telling us all what grand revelations they have as a 'prophet' of the Lord. Please here what I am not saying nor accusing. We live our lives right now one breath at a time and we grow and learn and strive hard after the Lord to do His bidding (hopefully) because we love Him, after He first loved us. We must come to some kind of sanctified thought that our 'world' is much changed in appearance and form and function and is largely succeeding at cannibalizing itself. It is a different time and we have by and large lost our moorings, our roots and our history as to just what a Christian is and does and speaks. In it's place has come every doctrine of demons to rush in and fill it's place.

To think that such a topic as 'prophecy' has little to do with this slide or has no ramifications is to dismiss out of hand much of the shenanigans going on in this modern day merging and submerging of what truth is in this life.

And I am living in it's wake right now. I could not and would not pin it all to just one thing, but make no mistake that it is truly a huge problem. The replacement theology of 'What I think the Lord is telling me' is superseding the word spoken by the holy prophets and apostles. It is wrong thinking about God that is at the root of it, because it depends on what I think against what He said. By way of Jesus coming in the flesh and in effect not only proclaiming but being the Truth incarnate, the era of 'forth-telling' anything of significance is over. "[b]I am[/b] the beginning and the end". Period. End of story. Thankfully....

What need of 'new revelation' is there? There is only one blessed thing left in the course of human history to be finally accomplished and that is for the nations to be fully under His feet and He to rule and reign on the earth in all His glory forever and ever AMEN!

So by virtue of all this it certainly seems to me by way of His first coming that the whole of what prophecy is and was meant by it changed from the days before Him manifested. What we can glean from the prophets of old and that which was prophesied in the New Covenant must be of a different [i]manner[/i], a study in contrasts.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Tired, will go away now and come back to see how much of this makes any sense.

2005/5/11 1:53Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

What is prophesy?

Hey Mike, Aaron and Dohzman

Thanks for the light moment Brother Mike. Your caution is appreciated and your input is necessary for this discussion to continue dear Brothers.

Is it safe to say that you do not believe that the gift of prophesy exists anymore? If that is what I am contending against then my whole precepts and approach has been wrong, for I had taken for granted that we all accepted that the gift of prophesy was still operational. Try not to think of prophesy as “new revelation”, as in, something about God that is totally alien to scriptures and has not be hereto foreknown.

Quote:
according to the old jewish sages a true prophet could sit down and write the first 5 books from memory without error.

Now, I say this in earnest, I do not know whether I found that statement exasperating or amusing. Prophesy is not necessarily recitation of scripture…in fact do you know what guys, why don’t you tell me what you believe prophesying is. It may well be that we have put the label “prophesy” on two different things and thus we are not even talking about the same thing.

James

2005/5/11 8:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: What is prophesy?

Thank you Jimm, for putting up with this fool and the guttural, primative... upchucking. I do wonder at my own self sometimes.. just who is this dude? :-? Sometimes it just gets thrown out there so I can look at it and maybe someone else can see in it or through it and explain it all back to me, just at bottom trying to 'figure it out' myself. It does come back in a way to something I have learned here from everyone, that a lot of times our 'statements' are questions, or to put it the other way, not every question is a statement, a lot of the times they really are questions. A must needs reading between the lines.

Quote:
Is it safe to say that you do not believe that the gift of prophesy exists anymore? If that is what I am contending against then my whole precepts and approach has been wrong, for I had taken for granted that we all accepted that the gift of prophesy was still operational. Try not to think of prophesy as “new revelation”, as in, something about God that is totally alien to scriptures and has not be hereto foreknown.

No, I do believe it exists, just not in the ...[i]kind[/i], the manner it is couched in terminology wise. That is the struggle here and the sense of forewarning. Maybe a twist on the original here, instead of ...

'credentials',

'character'.

And think that is what the intent of...
Quote:
according to the old jewish sages a true prophet could sit down and write the first 5 books from memory without error.

... was meant, if there could be some reading between the lines.

Certainly this is not [i]all[/i] about...
Quote:
Try not to think of prophesy as “new revelation”, as in, something about God that is totally alien to scriptures and has not be hereto foreknown.

that puts us back to the whole forthtelling and foretelling, but is it not a problem, in many areas of these so called 'prophetic' ministries? With all their imaginations gone unchecked? That having a 'confirmation' between two or three because it sounds good to the ears and may share similar likeness to 'thoughts' in the head doesn't make it prophetic as it presupposes against the idea that there is some kind of shared knowledge that the 'rest of us' don't get. That is more the makings of a cult than a prophetic utterance, especially if it is to be put out for public consumption. To think it is not to be challenged by other grounded and well worn saints, tested and tried to [i]see if these things are so[/i] and not to take seriously the cautions, exhortations and even reproaches, casting it behind ones back or to make them all mere 'Pharisees' or 'quenchers of the Holy Spirit', 'touch not the Lords anointed' either expressly or subtley... Is to just not face things as they in fact are. Having said that in a broad kind of sense, take what you will from it. Certainly the opposite error can come into play, where the guard is so .... guarded, that everything gets chucked before it is heard, I realize that. But the innocent before proven guilty...well, not so sure about this in our day, when it comes to these things. [i][b]Many[/b][/i] false... prophets, teachers, dreamers,... the proud, haughty, careless, flippant, lovers of money, disobedient.... 2 Tim 3. It is a muddy generation we live in and from what I can ascertain of what I thought Christianity to be early on and the gut level ... dishonesty, that I knew was being suppressed in a 'going along with it' mentality, finally at some point broke and it was a must needed breaking off from it all. It was just plain bogus, an imitation, a fraud... How was it that Katz put it? "A half-truth is no truth at all"? 99 and 9/10th's pure is still not pure and 1/10th arsenic will kill it all.

Haven't yet, but the link Aaron put up as a challenge to our thinking practically makes me salivate, I love it, I desire it... [i]Test [b]ALL[/b] things[/i]. I do take away from this all that is being said and do the best to test it, not to some cooked up formula or presupposition in my mind, but to what has been said already, in Gods word and that there is much, too much to grasp yet still. So why not lean on those who by long experience and lived out lives in this faith have [i]shown[/i] by character, by heart and by love just what or make that WHO we are to deal with, as He deals with us. There is no doubt that a low view of God and a high view of the creature self is causing most if not all of the problems in our day, and surely that has always been our problem, hence the rebellion from the get go. But if it is not more glaringly obvious now than ever before...

I think by and large that there is far too much accredited to this whole thing. That it is suspect right from the get go. The purposeful neglect of Christian history alone, the ease with which these things flow from the lips, the disregard and rush to make unfinished, untested musings 'prophetic' utterances ...'fact'. The audacity, where is the fear of God? There is a casualness that is disturbing. It is character and integrity that makes the man and we would be wise to stop up our ears at the first sign of variance from that, rather than let them be tickled by it.

In two words:

Prove it!

P.S. however this [i]sounds[/i] it is not 'directed' nor 'angry', it just seems to be of a serious nature, and the lightening up is for us as mere creatures taking [i]ourselves too seriously[/i], many are caught up in it and in the residue it has left behind, spreading to so many different areas ... That we all may be willing to be challenged in this, and test it, whether it be true or not.

Edit:
Quote:
in fact do you know what guys, why don’t you tell me what you believe prophesying is.

Telling the truth

2005/5/11 10:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

almost forgot

Needed to finish a thought...

I believe that there is without a doubt communication between ourselves and the Holy Spirit. There are things going on even right now in the spiritual realm that are both mysterious and puzzling to me. Attacks. Disruptions, things that would be of no benefit to anyone to start putting out there for public consumption and part of that is what I failed to bring up earlier.

That many of these things that go on are of a private nature or at best it seems to be shared and dealt with by those close enough spiritually, that there is a certain trust in intimancy. Some of them ought not to go any further than between ourselves and the Lord and usually if we are quiet enough inwardly, prayerfully, we do indeed know it.

2005/5/11 11:02Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
Fortunately we have amongst ourselves some here who have been mining the Scriptures for upwards of 20, 30 and 40 some odd years and they have yet to exhaust them. There opinions on matters I will gladly consider to be of more weight than any Johnny come lately 'prophet' that wants to start telling us all what grand revelations they have as a 'prophet' of the Lord. Please here what I am not saying nor accusing. We live our lives right now one breath at a time and we grow and learn and strive hard after the Lord to do His bidding (hopefully) because we love Him, after He first loved us. We must come to some kind of sanctified thought that our 'world' is much changed in appearance and form and function and is largely succeeding at cannibalizing itself. It is a different time and we have by and large lost our moorings, our roots and our history as to just what a Christian is and does and speaks. In it's place has come every doctrine of demons to rush in and fill it's place.

Experience in searching scriptures is all good but it is no substitute for the spirit of GOd. one can search the scriptures for their whole life and gain nothing. I've seen many so called experts on the scriptures on t.v. etc mess things all up big time, spewing forth garbage and yet we persist in holding in high esteem their views? Take for example the gay Episcopalian bishop, how long has he been in the ministry?probably a lot longer than most of us have been alive and yet he thinks being gay is ok. What of some of the questionable televangelists, dare I say benny hinn who have been in the ministry for a long time and have searched the word too? How is it that if someone has been studying the word for many years noone even asks "are you filled with the spirit" or even gives a second thought to what they say but when someone says "ok I have been sent forth to prophecy" all hell breaks loose? Take for example bro Ron, I have only seen 1 discussion in which he has been taken to task for what he has said, propitiation and the red heiffer (by a guy called eric), it seems he doesn't have to justify much of what he says because he is an older saint but for those who are younger in the faith it is so much harder to get in a word edgewise. it's as if God can only speak through the older saints. Seems a little lop-sided, I could be wrong though.I'm not saying that all who say "I'm sent of God are" but certainly not all people who have searched scripture for 50 or even 100 yrs are sent of God either, I don't think anyone in their right mind would believe that. I'm not saying we should stop searching the scriptures but having searched the word for a long time does not necessarily equate to spiritual maturity. Being old does not always equate to being wise nor does being young mean foolishness nor spiritual immaturity. what of stephen who was among the first to me martyrd, he was young was he not? how much time did he has to study scripture before he died?probably not long if at all and yet God did big things with him. I think God uses a mix of old and young saints to do His will, we seem to esteem the older ones more though, sometimes rightly, sometimes not.

Mike I know you are speaking of James and myself and perhaps a couple of others out there as "johnny come lately prophets" and that's cool, I would rather that you had just been open about it rather than attempt in vain to be "diplomatic". We're all brethren here and we should be open and honest I think we are all men and women here right?

It's funny though but I don't recall mentioning anything specifically that God has revealed to me in the spirit as yet.however just the mention of my being called to be a prophet has caused a bit of a stirr here.This is not to say that all this is about me at all. I wonder how much more of a stirr mention of specific revelations would cause. *sigh*

2005/5/11 14:05Profile
dohzman

Re: almost forgot

Amazing! Mike nailed my statement and read my heart. In a sort of humorous way I was making a point, while not neglecting the old jewish ways. It would seem that in America and because of its influence in the world the church has gone to an extreme in the area of prophesy. Sure there are true prophets, sure people can be used in the gift of prophesy who are not nessarily prophets, or prophetesses. Fore telling? Agabus did, so I have to acknowledge the fact of its present reality. Mainly I see prophesy for encouragement and much more. But in these days I see a general departure of godly character amoung thoughs big name prophets especially. I think where the church is concerned we deal with eternal truths and eternal lives. The approach to both needs to be on bended knees with a great deal of humility and wisdom. I see many here on this site who approach the Word of God this way and I believe prophesy is of the same cloth. Acurracy! Sound doctrine ! Proper application. And proper judgeing of such. It takes godly character to have what you speak judged by 2 or 3 and accepted or dismissed, or placed on the shelf in waiting. Blessing In Christ Bro. Daryl

2005/5/11 14:58Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Not exactely

Ironman,

What brought this all about in the begining of this post was a neccesity of defining, if the question is to be dealt with. "Credentials".

Have mentioned it before but there is a tendencie to write with the general in mind not to dissuade or dodge the issue of specifics or make this a personal issue 'aimed' at anyone in particular. The reason being is that it's easy to forget that there is a whole, who knows how many out there peering in on these things. Not attempting to either dodge nor tar and feather, nor slight anyone or exalt one over another. Nor am I afraid of mere men or attempting to be merely diplomatic.

Don't really even think those things, certainly we ought to be gracious with each other here but not to the point where the more troubling things don't get said. Surely we have seen the opposite of this kind of thing in times past. So don't read to much into this, you could just as easily read the "Johnny come lately bit" into the 'whole' of what is going on in our day and that was more of my thinking to begin with...

But yes, think some of the definitions being bandied about are off (in my opinion) and that is what is being taken issue with and attempting to be clarified. If we make this a personal attack or a personal discussion then we ought not to be doing it in public view.

Quote:
Experience in searching scriptures is all good but it is no substitute for the spirit of GOd. one can search the scriptures for their whole life and gain nothing. I've seen many so called experts on the scriptures on t.v. etc mess things all up big time, spewing forth garbage and yet we persist in holding in high esteem their views?

We do?
Quote:
What of some of the questionable televangelists, dare I say benny hinn who have been in the ministry for a long time and have searched the word too? How is it that if someone has been studying the word for many years noone even asks "are you filled with the spirit" or even gives a second thought to what they say but when someone says "ok I have been sent forth to prophecy" all hell breaks loose?

That's rather odd, both. Take this with the intent meant, but are you reading any of the things being said here, seriously? This is much in every way where some of us have serious misgivings about all of this. Perhaps some backtracking here brother.

Also think you are jumping the rails on this area of the elder saints [b]in the Lord[/b]. We are not talking about age as a formula nor mere scholarship as an advantage in wisdom. Again, backtrack a bit to the issues of character, integrity and yes longevity, meaning they have been around this block brother and if we were wise we would listen to what they have to say to us. And certainly the emphasis was on [i]here[/i] meaning this site. The ones that have been so gracious to share their wisdom gained from their lives being studied by the scriptures more than the other way around are not out to lord it over or be exalted, but to help. It is wisdom from the heart. We may not like it or take it the wrong way but if we are to be true to the high calling in Christ Jesus than by that we must be men and women of truth. That is the effort. That is what is seemingly being nit-picked at perhaps and this just as much so:
Quote:
It's funny though but I don't recall mentioning anything specifically that God has revealed to me in the spirit as yet.however just the mention of my being called to be a prophet has caused a bit of a stirr here.This is not to say that all this is about me at all. I wonder how much more of a stirr mention of specific revelations would cause. *sigh*

Indeed if just the definitions are questionable.

2005/5/11 16:26Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:

If you recall there were some of us talking about what the Lord had given us pretaining the future of certain cities and this(america) country. I think where it comes to TV ministries I might have somewhat of an inside track. My neighbor(now 89) was the setup man for the Kulman/Humbard tent revival days and was part of the Humbard Ministries and saw the effects of TV on the men and women involved in that ministry. Our talks are very enlighting. So to use a TV prophet is, in my estimation, a very poor model of a christian anything. Now before you get mad at me, I do believe that God has his properly placed TV ministries, God always has a remnant in place. Also I don't believe any one of us singles out each other to throw stones at, but to keep on topic the bottom line came down to issues of character with in the calling of a prophet(generally speaking). Just think if the church was to operate the way it is suposed to a prophetic utterance might go something like this: "The lord says.................", then the attention turns to several others considered as prophets and after prayer, thought, possibly a searching out of scripture or even discussion on what was just brought forth. A public judgement on it is made. That judgement would be to recieve it---reject it---- or shelve it. Ouch* , now that would really hurt the ole' ego wouldn't it? Sure would take a humble man or woman to walk that road. Blessing Bro. Daryl

2005/5/11 16:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy