SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Has anyone dealt with a psychopath spiritually?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Crusader, wow.

At first, I was going to discuss the issue of psychopath/Christianity/demonic but...I decided to reread all your posts. I'm shocked at what you've told us. Like wow man.

Quote:
Crusader said: because i dont have to be attached but as it is my older brother its been very interesting trying to battle of the constant manipulation of him trying to gain control somewhere in my life. (i have alot of money comeing my way which he knows about)when we where younger and i was less wise, we ended up in a fist fight when he tried to control me and i choked him out cold so he is careful how he tries to manipulate me. I have no doubt it is demonic i only use todays terms as most people have an idea of the behaviour and yes he has 45 years of destruction behind him, he used up all of his exs and left them with nothing.

First things first. You can't control your brother. Your brother needs to have the *desire* to be set free. What actions/discussions leads you to believe your brother *wants* to be set free?

Second, your actions need to be thoroughly covered in love. Choked him cold? That's not love. I hope you recognize this. You don't need to be around him. Jesus ran away but eventually He died in utter selfless/unconditional love. Is that your path? I doubt it. but if you feel you need to remain in the situation with your brother, these actions need to stop. You can't say you love your brother while you choke him out, that's called hypocrisy...

Might I suggest, you disarm. If your brother attacks, disarm him. If it does get physical, you subdue him. Find a way to totally disarm him. Sit on him. Do something. But...as this happens, I suggest that you pour your love into him. Saying things like, 'Brother, I love you. But you need to stop this behavior. I care about you but you are hurting yourself and everyone around you. etc'

I've had a lot of crazy situations happen in my life. Dealing with it all, 'in the Christian' way, is...complicated. The Holy Spirit has the ultimate leading. God might be saying that you need to leave, that you currently *aren't* equipped for this. If you and your wife are meant to be as a team, talk situations out with her. Together, the Holy Spirit speaks clearly.

Please remember the first piece of advice. He needs to want it. Does your wife agree that your brother wants help? If not, then...it's not the time to stay close.

If your brother really wants help then his actions should clearly demonstrate his struggle. On the other end, keep in mind, if his actions go to far, he needs to be turned in to the authorities.

Meet him in jail, 'brother...your actions put you here.'

This situation is complicated. My answer isn't fullness. But these are general principles that I've found to help me hear (and act on) the Holy Spirit in these situations.

I will be praying for your wife, you, and your brother.

2015/3/2 12:42

Re:

I don't think he was a psychopath (video) . He sounds like he was psychotic instead. He heard voices and he did not attempt to kill for gain. It was because of violent impulses. He was a violent psychotic till he met Jesus.

2015/3/2 12:43

Re:

He also said that he was diagnosed as Anti-social personailty disorder which is a sociopath not a psychopath.

2015/3/2 13:15
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi all thankyou for your posts they have all been helpfull

1. LoveMeekHope yeah its not a behaviour that is in my character today as God has heeled me in that area. it was more of an impulse action after suffering many years of violent abuse, being punched kicked teased and controled by my brother.

2. i have no problem with not using the terminolgy i used but it was easier for me to use it as people are more aware of the behaviours that these demons characterised with.

3. i do believe that nothing is impossible for christ thats if that person wants to be free but when they dont its a dangerous person to be around and it is very difficult to tell if they are telling the truth or not unless the holy spirit advises whats going on.

4. Brenda i know where you are comming from with your posts and the only people that can understand this are people that have been victims of these types.

5. i watched the 2 links and they where insightful but as brenda pointed out they are different to what we are talking about. the main difference is the control and the games played to gain that control no matter the hurt that it causes others. they love the game i think its the closest to satans characher you will see in the flesh.

6. the testimonies i have been seeking is how God interviend in the situation which as pointed out next to nothing available to look at.

the posts have been good for me as i didnt realise just how many wounds i have from this that i havent given to God yet. i do believe that prayer and fasting is needed in this.

2015/3/2 21:00Profile

Re:

There is a lot of misinformation on the internet about psychopaths. It seems as though psychopaths are joining forces and having a campaign to blur it in order to enable them to hide themselves better and it seems that numbers of them are increasing. They are often found in positions of great power and authority moreover.

Once you have been a victim you can spot it a mile off and you are right Karl that people who have not got this close have no idea of the sheer evil involved.

It is even hard for psychologists to diagnose as a psychopath is clever enough to study other conditions and present himself as suffering a mental illness if he decides on that path to protect himself.

My ex gave himself the persona of someone mentally ill and gained what he wanted that way. What he wanted was total power over his sons so that they would devote themselves to him and care for him. They are around the age of 30 now and spend their time doing everything for him and putting him to bed when he gets drunk, sacrificing their whole future as far as employment is concerned as they are now unemployable.

He also wanted the home and managed to get me out so that he had everything. He also destroyed my relationship with the rest of my family so I was left completely alone and sick. This will have given him huge satisfaction. However they do it, the aim is to derive pleasure from the suffering of others.

His tricks included doing things like damaging items and making it look as though the boys had done it so that I would blame them as there seemed at the time to be no other explanation other than that. Of course the boys knew that they had not done what they were being accused of, so that it would make me seem irrational to them, breaking the parental bonds slowly and surely. He would also act as though he was scared of me.

Other psychopaths are more high flying.It depends om what they want out of life but it always involves power. What we saw on those videos was a man who was out of control with his violent impulses which is far removed from the psychopath.

Otherwise they often come across as perfectly sane, in fact saner than the average person. It is the deception that stands out.

Yes they do love the game and the sense of power that it gives them.

Karl I don't know if you have come across this site:

http://www.psychopath-research.com/

The woman who runs it is knowledgeable.

I should fast and pray for an undeniable confirmed sign that you are to stay in the vicinity of your brother. Nothing less is safe.

2015/3/3 2:31
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: It seems as though psychopaths are joining forces and having a campaign to blur it in order to enable them to hide themselves better and it seems that numbers of them are increasing.

Brenda - your beginning to sound paranoid

2015/3/3 3:40Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

hi Colin Murray

i cant speak for brenda but from my own life. these people really damage people emotionally in fact most victims end up with borderline problems which means that we only see black or white in our reasoning. this is because psychopaths blur the lines of truth so much and they are so good at it that we second guess our own reasoning and understanding which can start to make you loose your mind and identity if it isnt sorted out quick enough. the only natural defence to this is to see things either black or white and to stand by that. it does create paranoia as its how the enemy spiritually attacks the victim. paranoia is being over defencive in order to survive. Jesus is the only one that can take this away and he did for me by knowing i was safe in his hands.

hi brenda

my brother did the same, he got caught out in his lies by one of his wifes and as he was going to loose everything he went to the drs and was diagnosed with ptsd from his time in the army but he tried to hide this from me as i was in the same unit as him and i know that he never saw any action or incidents of a serious nature. he ended up joining an ex servicemens group of men who had all seen action and suffered from ptsd. the group actually loved him and he was able to talk the talk and they all believed his lies. 3 months later he got caught out with his lies and was kicked out of the marriage that lasted about a year. he then manipulated all of her friends and tried to destroy her reputation until he found another girlfriend.

i just want to say that when reading these posts please be gracious. the trauma and experiences are so horrific they leave a person absolutley rocked that takes along time of healing. i was under this since i was about 2 to 5 years old an as a result violence seemed like a normal part of life and you never knew when you would be attacked so the only way to keep safe was to be defensive all the time which smashes your emotions. by the time i was 18 i had become very good at fighting as i thought the better i got the more i would be safe. i was so wrong especially when i met Jesus, it was so hard for me to put my fists down and trust that he would protect me. but through the years my saviour has done that and our relationship grows everyday.
i am still growing in this area.

2015/3/3 6:13Profile

Re:

Hi Karl

It is the spiritual damage which is the worst and takes the longest to recover from - ie trouble discerning the truth. I did have a breakdown from that. The Lord has done a wonderful job in healing me though and I have got the added benefit of having super sharp discernment in all things now. Things are going on in the world that a lot of people are oblivious to and I am so pleased that I can no longer be fooled (well not easily).

I dread to think about how much damage has been done to you, having been so young but the Lord is great and can do wonderous things.

I don't see psychopaths under every bush at all, Colin, you are wrong. There are other people who think that the internet has been used to blur the defining marks of psychopaths. Why anyone can think it cannot happen amongst these masters of deception I do not know.

Your story about your brother is certainly typical Karl. They come across as so charming and as victims.

I am praying for you and your wife Karl.

2015/3/3 6:58
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi brenda

yeah there is alot of spiritual damage but the lord has me in a good place. a year ago i was in a top job and my boss was a psycopath anyway as long as i did what she wanted i got more promoted and benifits in my employment. my wife pointed out how much she was controlling me and trying to seperate us so i stopped just doing everything for her and made some boundires. the Lord warned me that she would try to destroy me, so in the back ground i sort legal help and copied all of all threats. one morning i went into work early and the lord said leave so i did and aranged a meeeting with the higher management team and decided to put all my cards on the table about what was going on. i had alot of fear durring this especially the consequences that the enemy was saying would happen. normally i would have just submitted as it is easier.

what i didnt know was that she had arranged that morning to have me sacked from work and had played with all the paperwork to look like i was not doing my job. legally if i had been there and was sacked it would have been exceptionally harder to prove my case.

it became a massive court battle and the lies that where told did hurt but i stayed strong in the lord. anyway we won the case and i was advised that the damage she had caused the company over the years before i had started work there, they are still trying to sort it out today. she had wrecked so many other workers lives and it was all covered up in lies. i am so thankful that God had saved me from the trap that she had set for me. the Lord was by my side the whole time, and it was more about me standing against adversary. There is alot of these people out there unfortunatley in my line of work i see more then most and there is no confusing the difference.

on another note i supose my original post was more about testimonies of people being set free from this as i have had trouble finding any testimonies directly related. i wanted the testimonies as they can have insight and they build faith towards the unknown. the posts instead have revealed alot to me about the outcome from this which is just as usefull and healing. i do feel that i have given a bit too much light on how strong they are and how hard it is to deal with them. when in reality i serve a mighty God that demons tremble in his presence and every creature must bow down to his glory and rightiousness.

I am gratefull that such a person as i was chosen by him to recieve his Son as payment for my violations against him. If Christ is with me who can stand against me? i am not responsible for what my brother done to me but i am responsible for how i responded to it and as a christian i have learned many things in this journey that was mapped out for me. the people i help today is only because of what i went through and i wouldnt want it any other way. I love my brother dispite what i went through, i would love to hear him say sorry to me for all the abuse but so far he is incapable of doing this and doesnt see that he has ever done anything wrong. as he is much older now he is at a point that he has caused so much damage that it is constantly catching up with him and he is running out of ways to run and hide from it.

where did the demons enter? well it seems he was born like that as my parents tell me stories of when he was very young. my aunty tends to believe that it was passed down from my grandad. (Generational sin) these things have been brought to my atttention durring this post.

2015/3/3 7:48Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: It does create paranoia as its how the enemy spiritually attacks the victim. paranoia is being over defencive in order to survive. Jesus is the only one that can take this away and he did for me by knowing i was safe in his hands.

Remember the people who seek to control other usually operate in the spirit of witchcraft. For example, the spirit of witchcraft is a master at diverting attention away from itself by turning it toward you. Witchcraft even separates and isolates its victims from friends and family. One that is being spiritually attacked often feels the loss of personal identity and self-esteem, depression and fatigue can follow.

2015/3/3 9:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy