SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where will the antichrist arise from??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Where will the antichrist arise from??

I want to invite you all to read my new article, "Looking to Rome for the Antichrist." Here is the link:

[url=http://www.believeonjesus.com/articles/arneson/RomeAntichrist.asp]http://www.believeonjesus.com/articles/arneson/RomeAntichrist.asp[/url]

I would love to know what you all think of it. I pray it is timely.

Blessings,

RT

2005/4/28 6:03Profile

Re: Where will the antichrist arise from??

Quote:
Looking to Rome for the Antichrist

Who Cares!!

What is more important is that we are:

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith"

What knowledge shall we gain by knowing who or what is the antichrist?

Will it cause us to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our LORD Jesus Christ?

Will it cause us to be more intimate in Christ and become a better effective soul winner?

Shall we present the gospel with a little bit of fear of receiving the mark of the beast? saying:

"You better get saved or your going to take the mark".

I have been in fellowhip meetings only to get up and leave, after finding out that the message for the evening is about the mark of the beast.

What purpose is that kind of knowledge?

(Someone might say, "it's the word", yes it is the word, but John was in the Spirit, and what he saw was in the Spirit. What he saw Spiritually needs to be intrepreted by the same Spirit, in other words that person needs to be in the same Spirit to see what John saw to interpret properly)

What matters is that we know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom He hath sent, that testimony alone will cause us to stand any trial, any circumstance, and devil whether or not we have this knowledge or not.

A child in a Mothers womb who senses that a probe has entered into the womb, moves away from the probe.

As that child is connected to the Mother, so we are close to God are connected, and when something is not right or something is evil, WE WILL move away from it, whether we have knowledge or not. And that child in that womb was never taught anything.

This post reads like I am nit picking, not so, just presenting a side note as to why we seek matters that really won't do us any good until the day a gun is pointed at us, "deny christ or die" all the knowledge that we accumulated about the antichrist and the end days was useless. What matters is that by submitting myself to the LORDship of Christ and knowing that I am His, and He is mine and that when I die, I will make it.

Words to think about, and NOT just speaking to you Receivedtext.

Grieved

2005/4/28 7:39
Heavenlyman

Australia

[i][size=xx-small]Quote by Healingwaters:[/size][/i]
[size=xx-small]Who Cares!![/size]:-D
[size=xx-small]What is more important is that we are:[/size][size=xx-small]"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith"[/size]
[b][size=medium]AMEN !!![/size][/b]

2005/4/28 7:49Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

From RT's article:

As for the saints reading this, I encourage you to keep these things in mind so you will not be deceived. I leave you with the words of 1 Thess. 5:4-10:

"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him." (1 Thess. 5:4-10).

Not only are we called to "abide in me", but we are also called by Jesus to "WATCH". Thanks for sharing your article with us. Blessings in Jesus, Cindy

2005/4/28 8:58Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

The antichrist will have these attributes:

Dan. 11:36 “Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done. 37 He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all. 38 But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. 39 Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain.

He will be a king of a nation that has a great army that causes great destruction. He will control the economic forces of the world. He will for a time appear to support the people of God but it will be for his gain. He will be leading vast armies against the king of the south. And both men will be of a similiar nature. They both seek to exault themselves above all nations. They both seek to rule the world.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/28 11:52Profile
moreofHim

Re: jeff

Dear Jeff, I hope people will read your post and let their eyes be open.

Surrendered to Him, Chanin

2005/4/28 11:59Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

RT I haven't yet check out the link but I will though.

Karl
you have THE point, as long as we are focused on what God has for us to do when these things happen not only will we recognize them but we will be unshaken.

2005/4/28 12:47Profile
moreofHim

Re: end times

I also used to be very into the end times things. It consumed me for awhile. Yet I finally figured out that it is all in God's hands anyway. Why was I wasting my time on these things when I should be focusing on becoming Christ-like. Helping those in need, and preparing myself and my family for ANYTHING- for whatever God saw fit to do.

If we are truly growing in Christlikeness, we will be prepared for whatever comes our way. I know the worst that could happen and I know all the in between. But I have found that being prepared spirtually is what matters most.

It's amazing when i think about it, how many other subjects that were about "christian" things that have taken up my time and study- when I could have used that time and study for His good and not my own high mindedness. I have repented of this in the past. I believe that as we grow in His likeness, we will know and have a sense of what to expect. But many times cannot tell others of this wisdom until it is revealed to them by Jesus Himself.

-----------

How much of your focus is directed to the things of God, and not to God Himself? How much of your discussion centers on things about Jesus, and not Jesus Himself?

Just look around. This brother is focused on end-time events, and that sister is devoted to inner healing. This brother is primarily concerned with prophetic things, while another sister is keenly interested in spiritual warfare. That brother is deeply involved with theological discussions, while that sister is in love with Christian music. One movement emphasizes this particular thing, and another group stands for another thing.

There may be diversities of gifts and callings. There may be various and sundry things to be involved with. There may be many topics to study and discuss. Many things compete for our time, attention, affection, energy, and money.

But there is only one Lord Jesus.

Just as some people cannot see the forest for the trees, I believe most sinners cannot see Jesus for the Christians. And I believe most Christians cannot see Jesus for the "church". (Is Jesus Enough?-C. Brogden)

2005/4/28 12:59Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sis wrote:

Quote:
How much of your focus is directed to the things of God, and not to God Himself? How much of your discussion centers on things about Jesus, and not Jesus Himself?

As one begins to understand and a fire grows in the heart for one's Savior, the whole world disappears before the glory of God.

The sweet aroma of Christ will permeate our entire life as we center on "Jesus Himself."

Are we being conformed into His image? That is a penetrating question Chanin.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/28 13:19Profile

Re: The people of God, eh?

Rookie Wrote:

Quote:
He will for a time appear to support the people of God but it will be for his gain

The Jews today and of yesterday are NOT the people of God. They are Talmudic Pharisees, descended from Turks of Khazaria. Jewish publications will tell you that.

That bit of prophecy has been fulfilled, it was referring to Antichous Epiphanes, Alexander the Great, Ptolemy, Cleopatra, the Herods and a few others.

God gave Daniel and the Jewish nation this time line, because God was going to stop speaking to them for over a 400 year period. By following this time line, it gave the reader the understanding that time was coming to a close for the Jewish nation and the temple (Daniel 9:24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city).

This time line started with the command to rebuild the wall in Ezra and Nehemiahs day, Ezra

"And the elders of the Jews builded, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they builded, and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the [b][color=996600]commandment of Cyrus,[/color][/b] and Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia."

Daniel 9:25

"Know therefore and understand, that from the [b][color=993300]going forth of the commandment[/color][/b] to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again,[b][color=990000]and the wall[/color][/b] , even in troublous times."

Ezra 5:3 "At the same time came to them Tatnai, governor on this side the river, and Shetharboznai, and their companions, and said thus unto them, [b][color=993300]Who hath commanded you to build this house, and to make up this wall?[/color][/b]

Verse 13 "But in the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon the same king Cyrus made a decree to build this house of God."

"Even in troublous times" Please read Ezra and Nehemiah and discover that they went thru much trouble with the inhabitants round about them who also opposed the work.

2005/4/28 15:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy