SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Forthright Talk on the “Non-Lordship” Message

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Here is a quote from so claimed Lordship Salvationist - Charles Spurgeon

Understand, then, that the old nature of the Christian is a body; it has in it a substance or, as Calvin puts it, it is a mass of corruption. It is not simply a shred, a remnant—the cloth of the old garment, but the whole of it is there still. True, it is crushed beneath the foot of grace; it is cast out of its throne; but it is there, there in all its entireness, and in all its sad tangibility, a body of death. But why does he call it a body of death? Simply to express what an awful thing this sin is that remains in the heart.

This messed up new doctrine called Lordship Salvation have spawned a new error called “One Naturism”.

This teaching (to my best understanding) is that upon “coming to the knowledge of Christ” (whatever that might mean to some) the old sin nature is eradicated/destroyed thus leaving nothing remaining but the new nature provided by Christ which WILL automatically produce good works — or you are not “saved.”

Hence we see Oracia declaring himself the messenger of truth - declaring I am not saved. Now I may laugh at his foolishness, but this is the terrible reality that going on within the church.

Stones are being picked up and thrown, we saw not that long ago 600million Christians were viciously labeled false, while we see the disciples of Lordship salvation doctrine acting in the same way, so willing to label anyone unsaved or false. Yes a strong religious spirit is at work within this group.

So Oracia be done with this modern doctrine that romanticises the narrow path, while in reality it is the old lie and your on the broad path that all of the worlds religions take and that is works for salvation.

The narrow path is Christ - he is the way, the truth and the light and no one gets to the Father expect through him.

2015/2/26 6:39Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

murrclor,

Quote:
This teaching (to my best understanding) is that upon “coming to the knowledge of Christ” (whatever that might mean to some) the old sin nature is eradicated/destroyed thus leaving nothing remaining but the new nature provided by Christ which WILL automatically produce good works

But isn't this what baptism symbolizes? The putting away of the old nature and rising up in the new?

2015/2/26 8:11Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

For the record, I have not declared anyone on this thread unsaved. The key word in my last post is the word "if".

2015/2/26 8:50Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
I see you are farther along and more perfect according to your testimony than the following were according to their testimonies:

John Wesley
Martin Luther
Andrew Murray
A.W. Tozer
A.B. Simpson
D.L. Moody
F.B. Meyer
Watchman Nee
Madame Guyon
William Law
T. Austin-Sparks
J.N. Darby
Nicholas Ludwig von Zinzendorf
Samuel Rutherford
John Owen
Jonathan Edwards
Evan Hopkins
H.C.G. Moule
C.T. Studd
Norman Grubb
George Muller

This is not an exhaustive list but you will do well to see what they had to say on the subject and also to read about their lives.

SonsofLevi, I do not understand your post there. Are you accusing me of preaching sinless perfectionism? Have you really skipped such a huge chunk of this thread? I hope you are not jumping into conclusions too quickly here.

2015/2/26 9:06Profile

Re:

Quote:
Rev__Enue (Carmine) Said: Perhaps this thread could be renamed :
Everlasting talk on the “Non-Lordship” Message

Amen. This and the rapture thread. Anyone remember lambchops play along? "This is a song that goes on....this is a song then never ends..."

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXHXUgXG1tM

2015/2/26 9:21
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Zeko

Consider what is said in the Spurgeon quote

Understand, then, that the old nature of the Christian is a body; it has in it a substance or, as Calvin puts it, it is a mass of corruption. It is not simply a shred, a remnant—the cloth of the old garment, but the whole of it is there still. True, it is crushed beneath the foot of grace; it is cast out of its throne; but it is there, there in all its entireness, and in all its sad tangibility, a body of death. But why does he call it a body of death? Simply to express what an awful thing this sin is that remains in the heart.

Zeko you would agree with me if say that there is a remnant or a shred of the old nature left after conversion,

What I would say and it is what Spurgeon is saying in the quote, is that is not simply a shred or a remnant but the whole that is there. He quotes Calvin and says "it is a mass of corruption"

Now I depart slightly from Spurgeon as he says "it is crushed beneath the foot of grace it is cast out of its throne; but it is there, there in all its entireness" While I say it can't be cast from the throne if it's there in all of it's entireness.

I would say it is crushed but not removed from it's throne, because as Spurgeon says "what awful thing this sin is that remains in the heart" I see the heart as the very seat of self, the throne room of a human being.

kardia: 2588 - the seat and center of all physical and spiritual life, "the soul or mind, as it is the fountain and seat of the thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, affections, purposes, endeavors.

When your born again it's your spirit that reborn, what you inherited from Adam is gone and your reborn of that life-giving Spirit. But your heart is another matter altogether and the Holy Spirit needs to transform this area.

The carnal mind is enmity against God Rom 8:7, you could say the carnal kardia (heart) is enmity against God because it is the fountain and seat of the thoughts, what does Paul say "be transformed by the renewing of your mind" Rom 12:2. We can translate that to say be transformed by the renewing of your Kardia (Heart).

Hope you are grasp were I am coming from in such a short post.

2015/2/26 9:43Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
So Oracia be done with this modern doctrine that romanticises the narrow path, while in reality it is the old lie and your on the broad path that all of the worlds religions take and that is works for salvation.

Unless you believe that people on the path of world religions who trust in their works for salvation can be saved, it sounds like you are declaring me unsaved by unequivocally saying I'm on that path. It's all good though if that's the case, no hard feelings either way. Will be praying for you.

2015/2/26 9:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree that a lot has been written on this thread. Perhaps there is some misunderstanding of what is being proposed- at least as to what **I** am proposing, so I will try to summarize it succinctly.

1) Jesus **IS** Lord: "Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.” Acts 2:36

2)That Jesus is Lord is surely part of the gospel that must be believed. If Jesus is Lord, an affirmation of His right to rule and be Lord and Master would make it necessary that we **make it our aim to obey Him**, or else we deny that which we profess:

"They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed." Titus 1:16

3) To me, "easy-believism" applies to someone who claims to have been born again because they raised their hand in a Sunday school class 20 years ago but have no intention of submitting to (i.e. obeying) Jesus as Lord **now**. That person is not saved, and that is the danger.

4) A person who claims be to born again and is trying, despite repeated failures, to follow Jesus, and is trying to forsake his own claims to his life, despite failures, is likely born again, and via the work of the Holy Spirit will grow more in Christ and his failures should become less frequent.

2015/2/26 10:10Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
Zeko you would agree with me if say that there is a remnant or a shred of the old nature left after conversion

No I wouldn't actually.

Jesus didn't just die for my sins verb, but he died to sin noun.

2 Cor 5:21
God made Him who knew no sin(noun) to be sin(noun) for us that we might be the righteousness(noun) of God in him.

The transaction wasn't partial it was total. Thats why the law has no hold on a dead person. Rom 7:1

What I would say is that there is still an aroma of a sinful life that still wafts through our members. Very much like there being gasoline smell left in a container even though there is no gasoline left in the container.

Thats my take anyway.

2015/2/26 10:29Profile
ZekeO

Re:

murrclor,

Maybe to ask this question, to see where you at. What made us sinners, the fact that we sin(verb) or that we are sinners(noun)?

2015/2/26 10:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy