SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : chemo and radiation? Anyone gone through?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Ruthiepoothie

I am so sorry that you are fighting cancer on your own but there is a mass of informationto help you out there which you have no doubt been looking at. There are many ways to get your body healing itself and it is advised from what I have read, to 'throw everything' at the cancer, that is, alkalizing diet, (no sugar especially as it feeds the cancer which you probably know already) B17, bicarb of soda, etc.

You may know of this survey:

Quote:
In a survey of 79 oncologists from McGill University Cancer Center in Canada, 64 said they would not consent to treatment with Cisplatin, a common chemotherapy drug, while 58 oncologists said they would reject all the current trials being carried out by their establishment. Why? "The ineffectiveness of chemotherapy and its unacceptable degree of toxicity." Philip Day, Cancer: Why We're Still Dying to Know the Truth - See more at: http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/causes.html#sthash.GgEvVujX.dpuf

http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/causes.html#sthash.GgEvVujX.dpbs

Also a mass of information on this forum:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37738

I understand how you feel, with the presence of God being missing during this trial as I have gone through a very severe trial myself, for a long period and have been coming out of it this year. He does allow His children to go through the fire seemingly without Him and we cannot fully understand the reasons in this life, but the result at the end will be worth it even though it is impossible to see why during it.

You are in a fiece battle, and it will help you to find writings of others who have also gone through it. Unless anyone has been through this very severe trial themselves, they cannot stand alongside and I have found that the worst thing for me has been the judging from other believers who have decided that I must be deserving of it or that all I need is more faith.

But first of all you need to be well aware of the facts and what you face with going against the cancer industry and the doctors who will bully and frighten you to join in with the biggest money spinner in the world. The fear is from the enemy and you should know that many people have successfully cured their cancers themselves.

I am healing my body from serious illness myself, without any support at all and even though I have had a long trial of not having God's presence, it is now back and He is guiding me in my treatment (none from doctors). My body is responding beyond belief. Diet is most important first of all and I have had to give up everything I like to eat but even at the grand old age of 65, my body is responding.
If you are using coffee to make your body perform, you are probably damaging your adrenal glands. Are you unable to give up work?

My dear you have my prayers with you.
Brenda

2015/1/28 3:21

Re:

from the Johns Hopkins Hospital newsletter:

1. “Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells.

3. “Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.”

5. “Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.”

6. “A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).”

7. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water – best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic. Avoid it.”

8. “Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrefied and leads to more toxic buildup.”

9. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.

10. “Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6 , Flor-ssence , Essiac , anti-oxidants , vitamins , minerals , EFAs, etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.”

11. “Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, un-forgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment.

13. “Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.”

2015/1/28 6:30
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: chemo and radiation? Anyone gone through?

There are many books out there and tons of information but if you don't want to try chemo since you are only stage 2 (according to the doctors), God knows what stage you are... all the books boil down to fresh fruits and vegies and if that is all you are buying, then buy organic.

Find an Earth Fare or Trader Joe's and only buy organic. I've heard far too many testimonies from unsaved and saved alike when they go only organic, their bodies begin to change.

Go on youtube and type in juicing, smoothies and such and watch some of those videos for recipes. Or start trying on your own.

And this is not a death sentence, physically, spiritually or mentally or even marriageability; you can't see down the road so you have no idea what God has in store for you. You do not know if you will never meet your husband or not through all of this or after this or what God has in store for you. Don't be so quick to let negativity come out of your mouth about your future!! :)

Praying,
Lisa

2015/1/28 7:36Profile

Re:

Here is something worth considering:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0065522

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is available for MS patients and according to information I have read, available to anyone, but that is in the UK I don't know about the US.

Quote:
In a multi-faceted study the researchers used a Ketogenic Diet (KD) along with three 90 minute sessions of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy a week.

The conclusions state that: a ‘KD alone significantly decreased blood glucose, slowed tumor growth, and increased mean survival time by 56.7% in mice with systemic metastatic cancer. While HBO2T alone did not influence cancer progression, combining the KD with HBO2T elicited a significant decrease in blood glucose, tumor growth rate, and 77.9% increase in mean survival time compared to controls’.

2015/1/28 7:44
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re:

Thanks again everybody,
Yes I'm already juicing and buying only organic - mostly
Kale, carrots and apples which is actually really good.

I've also wondered what treatments other countries offered that were not under FDA regulations, so thank you for the UK link
Actually all the links have been helpful, some I've ready seen - some I have not.
I think just prayer that someone who has had cervical cancer with pelvic radiation and chemo administered through an IV to talk and pray with would be great-also to be able to quit the coffee in the midst of teaching public middle schoolers which requires a LOT of energy.
I do drink at least a half gallon of water daily and jog at least 2 miles 3 or 4 times a week.

Also that no decision would be based out of fear and that the peace of God would guide me. But in my heart I feel like I've already died.
I heard on Christian talk radio this morning that "suffering produces" from a lady whose husband was dying of ASL. She was very encouraging to listen to.

Also, I know God desires true worshipers- negativity has been in my heart with the sin of fear. But if I can't go to God in my weakness and have to put on positive thinking and pulling myself up by my own bootstraps and feel condemned or scared to go to God with those feelings, how am I ever really going to have the change of heart that is truly His work? was it negative when Nathaniel said, "can anything good come out of Nazareth?" It seems like He was being really sarcastic and negative.
I don't know if any good will come out of this but I believe Jesus when He said, "you will see the heavens open and the angles of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man". I believe that, Hallelujia !

2015/1/28 11:32Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Sister Ruthie,

I am late in seeing this thread. I prayed for you today and my wife and I will continue to remember you in prayer.

We know that God is the "great physician." You can rest in the comfort that God sees all, knows all and knows the end from the beginning. After all, a sparrow cannot fall without his notice and even the hairs on your head are numbered.

That said: Technology and medicine are always advancing. The "cure" rate for many forms of cancer is much higher than it was just a few decades ago.

With your diagnosis, I would urge you to find a doctor that you feel most comfortable with -- a Christian when you can find one. They may recommend treatments that sound foreign (e.g., "brachytherapy," etc...), but they are the treatments that are shown to be the most effective.

Sometimes, combinations of therapy are most effective. For instance, some cervical cancer patients being treated via brachytherapy might also be assisted with a simultaneous alternative or parallel treatment. In some cases (such as when brachtherapy cannot be administered), newer treatments -- like the non-invasive Cyberknife robotic radiosurgery -- can be effective.

My suggestion is that you, first of all, prayer and remain confident in God. Secondly, I would urge that you find a doctor that you both trust and feel confident with. You could even ask about treatments that you find online with your specific type of cancer. I would remind you that "time is of the essence." Cancer can spread quickly, so early treatment is almost always the most effective.

Finally, I know that I don't have to say much about this, but time is relative to the individual. When we are young and sitting in school, the school day used to seem like it would last forever as we waited for the bell to ring for the end of class. As we get older, that time seems to pass much more rapidly. When individuals are diagnosed with a disease that could potentially limit their lifespan, they see life and time through a new and unique perspective. The value of life is better understood and the relationships with our family is seen as much more precious than we often may have realized before.

In a strange sort of way, there is a blessing that comes from such a terrible diagnosis. We realize how fragile and temporary this thing called "life" is -- and we endeavor to make more contributions (especially on an eternal level) with it. We realize that, while dying is a gain for believers, we realize the meaning of the phrase "to live is Christ."

Please take comfort in these things. I am happy that you realize the good that will come out of this. All things work for good because you are in Christ Jesus. There are two types of life -- temporary and eternal. We see, feel and live in this temporary life in preparation for our eternal life on the other side of that glass darkly. What an awesome thought!

We will continue to pray for you, sister. We know that God sees, hears and knows you. We will ask that He direct you according to what is best for you. Be blessed!

2015/1/29 2:47Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re:

Thank you so much for praying for me,
I keep thinking that Jeremiah 29:11-13 was given
To people who DID NOT want to go into a situation
-people who said, "okay God we will do whatever
You say"- but then when God says, "okay go to Babylon"
They say, "nope"
I feel like I can relate in that I do not want to fill my body with
poison, and have told God 'I'll do anything You say' and I feel like He's saying, 'go through it' - and I feel like I'm saying, "NOPE!"
But again I just am not sure.
I really want my ovary to be protected so that I don't have to go through man made hormone treatments, but I don't know if I can afford or if my ins will cover this to be done before I start.
I hate every thought of Chemo and radiation and what it does- but if Gid wants me to, please pray I'll obey.
Thanks again

2015/1/29 12:10Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re:

Typed on an iPhone - GOD not Gid

2015/1/29 12:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

God bless you Ruth...

Looks to me like the LORD is teaching you to hear his voice? and that is a wonderful thing. :-)

Take care...will pray for you as the Holy Spirit reminds me.

Sandra

2015/1/30 10:24Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

Dear Ruth,
a year and a half ago my wife had tumor in her lung, (stage 3) they removed the tumor, and she took six weeks of radiation.. which was Hard , physically, and emotionally (because she was in Houston and me and our boys were in Brownsville) .. she did well, but everybody reacts differently..
M. D Anderson was our Hospital , God Blessed us with great care their.
Biggest Lesson we Learned... God is loving and Sovereign and worry not about tomorrow

andy

2015/1/30 11:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy