SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : want to meet someone who can speak in tongue

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
omseeso

Worthing

want to meet someone who can speak in tongue

hi
i want to know someone in worthing who can speak in tongue.i have been speak in tongue for 2 years.i am thai i know manny friend of my can speak in tongue.but when i here in uk not know anyone in uk who can speak in tongue.love to meet someone in worthing.

2005/4/27 12:23Profile

Re: want to meet someone who can speak in tongue

OmSeeso wrote:

Hi I want to know someone in Worthing who speaks in tongues. I have been speaking in tongues for two years, I am Thai and I have many friends who can speak in tongues. But when I moved to the U.K. I don't know anyone in the U.K who can speak in tongues. Love to meet somone in Worthing.

Surely those christians who do not speak in tongues who have the witness of the Spirit in thier lives are just as worthy to be apart of your fellowship in Worthing?

My Mother and Father both received the holy Spirit and spoke in tongues, but never spoke in tongues again. They did not receive the gift of tongues to continue on in that.

If you can't find anyone who speaks in tongues in Worthing, U.K, I would suggest you lowering your standard and receive those who are hungering for the word of God and want revival, you'll find that most of those people have never spoke in tongues, but they have a genuine hunger for a moving of God's Spirit.

God Bless

Karl

2005/4/27 14:57
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Pentecostal Church in West Sussex

I did some quick research for you. Here is the name and address of a Pentecostal church associated with the Assemblies of God:

Mid Sussex Christian Centre
180 Leylands Road
Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 8HS
United Kingdom
01444 232596

The A/G holds that tongues is the initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Ghost. All ministers must have received this experience.

I understand your wanting to fellowship with those who forbid not to speak with tongues.

Blessings,

RT

2005/4/28 5:58Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

If you are looking for churches in Worthing try this link; Worthing Churches The Burgess Hill location suggested earlier is some distance from Worthing.

If you are looking for some fellowship in Worthing itself give this man a call.
Matthew Barrow
01903 210005 (home)
01903 211410 (ch)

and tell him Ron Bailey sent you.

Matt is one of the leaders of the Lyndhurst Christian Fellowship, please see the list. Matt has a strong links with Africa and street children. child2child

2005/4/28 17:41Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Leonard Ravenhill, the famed Pentacostal, open-air preacher/evangelist, who was known to have prayed 8 hours at a time, said that tongues are not the primary sign of the Holy Ghost, but rather the least gift.

1 Cor 12:10, "to another divers kinds of tongues"

1 Cor 12:30, "do all speak with tongues?"

Not sure if you were advocating that belief or not, RT. Ravenhill, was Pentacostal, and preached in many churches to include churches that spoke in tongues. He said, "If gifts and tongues are the answer to revival, how is it (and I'm quite kind here, I preach in Pentacostal churches often, and I say it when I'm there) how is it they haven't set America on fire. How is it they've as much carnality as anybody. The strength is not in tongues, the strength is not in miracles, the strength is not even in faith, the strength is in love. And when the love of God is shed abroad you can lay down your life for a person that you love." -Leonard Ravenhill, from sermon: 1 Corinthians 13

Scripture is quite clear that the first and foremost fruit of the Spirit is the love of God that will make one ready to lay down one's life.

2005/7/2 2:14Profile
todd

California

Re:

Letsgetbusy,
Paul said he prayed in tongues more than anybody else and wished everyone prayed in tongues like him. Although he does make it clear that love is primary, he clearly emphasizes the importance of tongues. (1 Cor. 14)
Also, John G. Lake, who Ravenhill spoke very highly of, said that tongues was to him the making of his ministry. How powerful and important is this gift?! How mystical and wonderful! How much potential does it actually hold?
I'm not a Pentacostal but I do believe in the power and relevance of tongues in the Christian life and I'm confident Ravenhill did as well. I think in the type of example you quoted from him, he just wanted to make a point that it's not enough and it's not everything.
You might already agree with all that but I wanted to clarify. Speaking in tongues is a wonderful gift of God. I wish, with Paul, that everyone spoke in tongues, especially because I know some of the blessing of it. Yet, as you mention, not all do.

2005/7/2 5:09Profile

Re: want to meet someone who can speak in tongue

Quote:

omseeso wrote:
hi
i want to know someone in worthing who can speak in tongue.i have been speak in tongue for 2 years.i am thai i know manny friend of my can speak in tongue.but when i here in uk not know anyone in uk who can speak in tongue.love to meet someone in worthing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Omeeso: I live in America and think that I can help you out. Just go on-line and find a Calvary Chapel near you:
Calvary Chapel Norwich - Calvary Chapel Norwich, Calvary Chapel UK church plant.
- England (added: 6-Apr-2005 Hits: 19). Calvary Chapel, Stirling, Scotland ...

In the Calvary Chapel Churches, founded by Chuck Smith in Costa Mesa, California (USA) we do not speak in tongues during the Church Service. We meet after after the service in a "Gifts of the Spirit Service" (in Costa Mesa in the "Fireside Room") where we pray in the Spirit, pray & receive healing, and operate in the gifts of the Spirit.

God bless,

Stever

2005/7/3 21:59

Re:

Leonard Ravenhill, the famed Pentacostal, open-air preacher/evangelist, who was known to have prayed 8 hours at a time, said that tongues are not the primary sign of the Holy Ghost, but rather the least gift.

1 Cor 12:10, "to another divers kinds of tongues"

1 Cor 12:30, "do all speak with tongues?"

Not sure if you were advocating that belief or not, RT. Ravenhill, was Pentacostal, and preached in many churches to include churches that spoke in tongues. He said, "If gifts and tongues are the answer to revival, how is it (and I'm quite kind here, I preach in Pentacostal churches often, and I say it when I'm there) how is it they haven't set America on fire. How is it they've as much carnality as anybody. The strength is not in tongues, the strength is not in miracles, the strength is not even in faith, the strength is in love. And when the love of God is shed abroad you can lay down your life for a person that you love." -Leonard Ravenhill, from sermon: 1 Corinthians 13

Scripture is quite clear that the first and foremost fruit of the Spirit is the love of God that will make one ready to lay down one's life.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The speaking in tongues is only a manifestation that the person doing the same has been Baptized into the Holy Spirit. What is important is the gifts that are manifested by the Spirit Filled believer, including the power to witness to the lost. It is always good to realize that signs and wonders follow the believer Baptized into the Holy Spirit. The Believer is not called to follow signs and wonders, like so many are doing today, going from Church to Church.

I use tongues as a prayer language when I am called to pray by the Spirit, but am not aware of what to pray for:
Romans 8: 26-30
"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

God bless,

Stever

2005/7/3 22:12
arbustum

Sydney Australia

Re:

its so true, tongues, like the other gifts 1 Cor 12:1-15 we have our gifts to serve a purpose in the body that is the gathering of the church, even though our bodies themselves are a church, the temple of the Holy Spirit. tongues is another way of really pouring out the Holy Spirit, it's great for scaring the um stuff out of demons, satan cant stand it, infact, there have been times when its been the very thing that has brought the warmth of God back into a room where demons tried to plague. i have found that tounges was not always the comunication of the gospel to an ethnic group, you naturally have no concept of, but also a sheer spiritual connection with heaven that the enemy could never interrupt. it it a weapon against his dark forces, and a language in itself, and occasionally God has given me a gist of what i just said being sheer praises to him. its a fundamental step in any walk of faith and draws you so close to heaven, but then again, some were called not to speak in tongues but to cry out to God in other spiritual gifts, look hard to see whether its truly your calling to have this particular gift, luvs.

2005/7/3 22:53Profile

Re:

Quote:

arbustum wrote:
its so true, tongues, like the other gifts 1 Cor 12:1-15 we have our gifts to serve a purpose in the body that is the gathering of the church, even though our bodies themselves are a church, the temple of the Holy Spirit. tongues is another way of really pouring out the Holy Spirit, it's great for scaring the um stuff out of demons, satan cant stand it, infact, there have been times when its been the very thing that has brought the warmth of God back into a room where demons tried to plague. i have found that tounges was not always the comunication of the gospel to an ethnic group, you naturally have no concept of, but also a sheer spiritual connection with heaven that the enemy could never interrupt. it it a weapon against his dark forces, and a language in itself, and occasionally God has given me a gist of what i just said being sheer praises to him. its a fundamental step in any walk of faith and draws you so close to heaven, but then again, some were called not to speak in tongues but to cry out to God in other spiritual gifts, look hard to see whether its truly your calling to have this particular gift, luvs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's reply:

Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it. I think most Spirit Filled believers are afraid to respond to this subject!

I truly think that all Christian believers can be baptized in the Holy Spirit. All they have to do is want it with all their heart:

VI. Question #6: How does God decide who to baptize in the Holy Spirit?
A. Read Luke 11:13
"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ASK Him?"

First off, if God is your Father you are His child. If you are a child or a son of God then you are born again, i.e. saved. Read John 7:38 and 39, "'He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.' But this He spoke of the spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive, for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified." Thus, first we must be a child of God, then last and most important we must ask for the gift of the BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT..

Thus, God does not make the decision as to who He baptizes, we must as children of God REQUEST the baptism from our heart.

God bless,

Stever

2005/7/4 0:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy