SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hal Lindsey's on wife #4

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

back-to-acts, I agree with you that there should be more honesty in the pulpits than there usually is.

2014/11/27 14:02Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: being deceived

When God laid out the do's and don'ts for Adam and Eve, they were informed that when they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they would die.

Satan was so helpful to them, telling them that they weren't actually going to die- and at this point they were unfamiliar with death anyway, so they ate the forbidden fruit- and noticed that they had not died!

Or so they thought.

They died the worst death of all, dead to all the gifts of their creator, dead to the authority they had over the whole earth, dead to the intimacy with the creator not shared by any of the rest of creation. Dead in the eyes and broken heart of God.

From the great preachers to the least of us, tasting forbidden fruit is the kiss of death. It may at first appear that nothing really happened, but as sure as He lives, that death will appear and cast its destruction far and wide.

He will not be mocked, and no one's ministry is so valuable to the King that He will let the little fruit tastings slide under the radar.

2014/12/7 15:30Profile
savannah

Re: C.I. Scofield

C.I. Scofield - born August 19,1843

Wife #1 - Leontine LeBeau Cerrè - married on September 21,1866

Their first daughter,Abigail Leontine Teresa Scofield
born July 13,1867

Their second daughter,Marie Helene,born October 4,1869

Leontine Scofield files for divorce on December 9,1881 charging that her husband had 'absented himself from his said wife and children, and had not been with them but abandoned them with the intention of not returning to them again'. The petition stated further that he 'has been guilty of gross neglect of duty, and has failed to support this plaintiff or her said children, or to contribute thereto, and has made no provision for them for food, clothing or a home, or in any manner performed his duty in the support of said family although he was able to do so'.

The court decree for Scofield's divorce which was finalized December 8, 1883 states:

"Now comes the plaintiff by her attorneys Tomlinson and Griffin and the defendant enters for appearance and files answer and makes no further appearance.

"And thereupon this cause came on for hearing upon the pleadings and testimony and was argued by counsel upon consideration whereof the Court does find that the defendant has been guilty of wilful abandonment of the plaintiff for more than one year prior to the commencement of this action.

"It is therefore adjudged and decreed that the custody nurture education and care of the said minor children Abigal and Helen be and the same is hereby given to the said plaintiff and the said defendant is hereby forever enjoined from interfering with or disturbing the said plaintiff in the custody care nurture and education of the said above name children until further order of this Court."

Wife #2 - Hettie Hall Van Wartz on March 11,1884

They had a son in 1888 - Noel Paul Scofield - died 1962
He consistently refused to give interviews about his father.

C.I. Scofield died July 24, 1921 leaving all he had to Hettie and Noel.

2014/12/7 16:56Profile
savannah

Re: Joyce

Joyce Meyer -

Facts -

She is one of the world's most recognized Bible teachers.

She is a #1 New York Times bestselling author.

She has authored nearly 100 books which have been translated into 100 languages.

More than 30 million copies of her books have been sold.

She owns several homes worth millions of dollars.

She travels in her own corporate private jet(a Gulfstream G-IV) worth over $10 million dollars.

Her husband drives a $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan

Her $20 million dollar headquarters is furnished with $5.7 million worth of furniture, artwork, glassware, and the latest equipment and machinery which includes:

1) a $30,000 malachite round table
2) a $23,000 marble-topped antique commode
3) a $14,000 custom office bookcase
4) a $7,000 Stations of the Cross in Dresden porcelain
5) a $6,300 eagle sculpture on a pedestal
6) numerous paintings purchased for $1,000 to $4,000

And many other expensive items – all paid for by the ministry.

In 2004 she took a salary reduction from the $900,000 per year she had been receiving from Joyce Meyer Ministries.

At that time her husband's salary was a mere $450,000

June 4, 1943 - Joyce Meyer is born

1961 - At age 18 she marries for the first time

Dec. 18, 1965 - At age 22 she gives birth to a son and names him David

September 1966 - Meyer divorces her first husband

Jan. 7, 1967 - she marries Dave Meyer(current husband)

April 5, 1968 - Daughter Laura Marie Meyer (now Laura Holtzmann) is born.

Oct. 8, 1969 - Daughter Sandra Ellen Meyer (now Sandra McCollom) is born.

Dec. 23, 1979 - Son Daniel B. Meyer is born.

"If you stay in your faith, you are going to get paid, I'm living now in my reward." - Joyce Meyer

2014/12/14 6:04Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

This is very sad and near impossible to comment on. Obviously many are sowing into her kingdom.

2014/12/14 23:56Profile

Re:

Got to admit, this is quality dirt digging by savannah.

2014/12/15 18:14
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Notdarkyet

Got to admit, this is quality dirt digging by savannah.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Reading this thread seems to prove that what Christ himself spoke no longer applies to humanity, "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men." Matt 12.31

2014/12/16 17:56Profile
KPYee

Re:

Unrepented sins can never be forgiven. The sin against the Holy Spirit in the context of that verse is precisely that type of sin . Sin that's so deeply embedded that its impossible to be repented of. I dont know if Joyce sinned deliberately when she divorced her husband to remarry. But the proximity of her 2nd marriage to her divorce indicated there was already an ongoing relationship with the present spouse prior to the divorce. If that's so that's a very a deliberate and willful sin. Willful sins cant be forgiven unless its confessed and fully repented with restitution.

2014/12/16 21:25Profile
back-to-acts

Texas

Re:

Got to admit, this is quality dirt digging by savannah

Ha-hahahaha , This comment made me laugh...

Savannah: How many tears have you shed for these people?

The problem with all of these people is the complete absence of eternity and the Judgement Seat. Not saying that our motivation for living a radical sold out life comes out of fear. But if all of us had eternity on our eye balls consistently , would any of us be doing what we are doing right now? But we have to remember that God judges the heart not us.

2014/12/17 8:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

It seems to me what the OP has in mind is to demonstrate how ministry has evolved into a business, totally apart from exhibiting the holiness of God in their own lives.

Many years ago "Christianity Today's" lead article featured Bill Hyles from "Willow Creek" Church or ministry - not sure what they called themselves. He was emphatic in that how one is justified in using business strategies in winning people. It appears to me Hyles took marketing to a level where many are using ministry to feather their own nest. As such these people's lives reflect the carnal world around them. All in the name of forgiveness the church is expected to look the other way. When caught it is "Opps! I need to go into counseling and after a spell I can resume my 'ministry'", or more appropriately, head of my business.

Moderns have been so charmed by affluence, relativism that we have lost the ability to discern - or maybe they never had the ability - who is God's and who is not. Most modern Christians embrace a moral code thinking they reflect the will of God but have no clue of holiness, walking with the LORD.

One of the tools the devil has used to lull people to sleep is music. Lucifer has done a fine job at this...
Very few 'Christian' musicians are Christians. They sing 'Christian' lyrics to deflect criticism but in the background they are just as wicked as their secular/carnal counterparts.

How much do we care? Why will we buy their merchandise? Why even listen to them? Consider what the Apostle Peter says: 2Peter 2:3: "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

Yup, this problem troubled Believers ever since Pentecost.

My understanding...

Sandra Miller

2014/12/17 10:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy