SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Healing and the lack thereof

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
savedtoserve

Re:

This thread caught my attention because I've wondered about it a lot. I agree with everyone's thoughts on the matter and I wanted to add my own...

Of course God never said we wouldn't suffer--He said we would! Instant gratification IS a problem with us Americans but for so many people, their request for healing is just NOT that. And of course God's people are supposed to help each other in need. The fact is, healings DO occur; I've witnessed it. They just don't happen as often as we pray for them.

And then there's that big word, but...
What about all the many promises that say, point blank, if you do this, I will do this. It seems to me we are awfully good at explaining them away (me included). Ask and it shall be given you. Delight yourself in him and he will give you the desire of your heart. Is any sick? let the elders come and pray...and the prayer of faith shall heal him and he Lord shall raise him up.

...And on and on the promises go, my time is short so I must go on. It's so hard to find anyone who REALLY believes those promises. Just as hard to find someone who has the faith that if God wanted a mountain moved, they could speak and it would move. It's radical crazy faith that says no matter what, I still believe that God meant what He said when he said it. But what do we say instead? We try to cover for God when it doesn't go as we asked for: "Well God's not healing you because he wants Himself to be glorified in your suffering." I understand the thought, but WHAT ABOUT GOD PROMISED? I get so tired of Christians smoothing everything over, instead of getting to the root of the issue. If there's something amiss, it has to be with US, not with God, but what is it?

And just as true as those promises are the words of Jesus to Paul, my grace is sufficient for you. In other words, No. I suppose Paul could have backtalked and said, but You said ask and it will be given you! If I was Paul, I just might have done that. I know we don't always know what's best for us and I certainly know the school of suffering has been God's very best for me. BUT, but, but, how do you answer those questions?

Ask and it shall be given you. I can't get past it. I want to believe no matter what. I think of my friend who needs Jesus to heal her. This isn't just a selfish prayer--there are so many others so much worse off than me. So I believe and ask. I've asked, I'm asking, and I'll always ask, because no matter how contradictory things SEEM to turn out, because even though I can't figure out the answer to all the questions, "To whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life" I'm staking my life on Him.

What do y'all think?

2014/12/19 3:19Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hello Everyone

I believe 100% God heals as i have seen it personally. the sadist thing i have seen in the churches that i have been around over the last 20 years is how so many people aproach this. God wants to heal hearts and if we are not walking by the instruction of the holy spirit then we are walking by the sight of our flesh or some ritualistic method made by men. there are so many reasons why someone is sick and it takes the surgical precision of the holy spirit to hit the right area. when someone comes to me for healing i never pray for healing, i pray for God to bring his light to what he wants to accomplish first. SOme people have spirits that need to be cast out, some need to forgive and some are just sick to allow God to work a miricale in their lives. It is so damaging to our spirit when someone prays for healing over someone and they are not healed. I've seen so many people hurt by this and it makes me question the spiritual authority of that person who prays and God doesn't act on his prayer.

my sister who had a brain tumor and was dying asked for prayer and i didn't know what to do the day before i met her the lord told me to tell her she needed to forgive someone. i told her this and she knew stright away what i was talking about and in about 15 minutes she was healed and still is today.

My mother was dying of lung cancer, i never recieved a word from the Lord and she passed away but i had about 12 hours to talk to her and ask her to let go of all the hatred she had for others and run into the lords arms. she died with a smile on her face.

At the end of the day God is rightious in all that he does and we need to know his will towards that person. just my thoughts not going against any one elses beliefs.

2014/12/31 11:15Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a blessed day.

Crusader, you bring out some good points. However we must remember the words of Jesus Christ. Consider these following verses:

Mark 10:51-52 KJV
And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. [52] And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

Matthew 9:21-22 KJV
For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. [22] But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Luke 17:18-19 KJV
There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. [19] And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

---------------

If you read the accounts in the Bible where people received healing from Jesus. You will see that Jesus told them all the same thing, "thy faith hath made thee whole." If that person that asked Jesus for healing would have not had the faith to receive it, they would still be sick and stuck in their condition.

Remember when Jesus Christ Himself was in His own hometown? The Bible said

Mark 6:4-5 KJV
But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. [5] And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them .

Jesus Christ Himself, the very Son of God could do no mighty works, because of their unbelief. Let me ask you, would these people not getting healed cause you to question the spiritual authority of Jesus?

The same way a lack of faith will prevent someone from being saved, a lack of faith in Jesus and The Word of God will prevent one from being healed.

One might ask, how do I get faith? The Bible says in Romans 10:17 so then faith cometh by hearing, hearing by the Word of God.

In order for one to receive Christ, They must accept the Word of God. Christ is the Word made flesh. So if one doesn't accept the Word of God, they are ineligible to receive the promises in the Word of God.

People today live in bondage, and defeat because they place their trust in their own thoughts and opinions or in the interpretation of some organization , rather than in the Word of God.

Because of this no one receives healings, or deliverance. But all of this and more is obtainable to those who are willing to fully accept Christ and apply the Word to their lives.

Love you all.

2014/12/31 13:46Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

Good points, crusader and manofGod... There's so much to be said on this subject and thought through...

I would recommend Keith Daniel's message, Ask and it Shall be Given You https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16289&commentView=itemComments

He seems to have a good grasp (or balance?) of all the different concepts and scriptures on healing and answered prayer. What's most inspiring is the stories...though he says he's seen it and knows it that not all are healed. (Which is helpful to hear from a preacher...It sometimes takes a lot of confirmation to get the lie out of your head that if you're sick you're not right with God...) The phrase I took away with me from this mssg... "KEEP ASKING!" It's our privilege, don't waste it!

2015/1/1 13:03Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Lies don't help

When so many in the Word of Faith stream started with telling people to consider themselves healed despite their symptoms, trouble rolled through the ranks. Fingers of blame were pointed, churches split, lonely and hurting people were ushered into the wilderness of doubt and resentment as their symptoms remained and their "first love" affections were sucked into the darkness.

Healing became a church lingo toxicity, and even today it is a hard topic to discuss. Messages of clarity and wisdom are welcome!

Somehow, I feel like the continual asking fits the way Jesus taught, and was a source of healing for my mother as I believe I have discussed previously. She lived out her 95 years in great health, but never returned to be an athletic super-model. Well, spiritually she was a super-model, but that is a different story!

I concur with Man of God about the passage in Mark where Jesus was unable to heal many people because of their unbelief. Jesus seemed very pleased to be able to say to those who were healed that their own faith had made them well. Working from that, and acknowledging that Jesus certainly expected His followers to continue with healing works, we would be foolish and faithless if we departed from the ministry of healing.

If I pray for people and they are not healed, I can at least be consoled that Jesus apparently experienced that too. He didn't let that quench His Spirit, and we shouldn't either. In my humble opinion...

2015/1/1 20:35Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I read again a book that I have had in my library for years now. It has been several years since I opened it. I would recommend it as a resource for anyone considering the question of physical healing.

Christ the Healer by F.F. Bosworth

2015/1/2 17:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy