Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Growing anti-semitism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: forgive me then proudpapa

Brother HezWelling,

I more than forgive you, I am ashamed, convicted and sorry for what I wrote and thankful that you admonished me,

May I always remember That it was my sin that put Jesus on the cross.

2014/10/16 20:32Profile
Sree

Christian view of Jews

This is something in my heart as well. I am also confused on how we should deal with it. A Christian should not be hater of any people leave alone Jews. But should we support Jews blindly, just because they were once God's chosen people? I still believe God still honors his covenant with them that is why they even exist in the midst of all the attack.

I support the Jewish cause for forming the state. Even if forming the country involved driving away Palestine. This I do because I believe that God has promised the land to Jews and they are only taking it by faith. Also I believe the land belongs to them as both Bible and Archieology proves the same.

I also believe the Muslim nations are fighting against Jews not because of the wanting of land but because they want to kill Jews. Quran speads so much hatred against Jews and hence its followers want to kill Jews. The land is just a cover given for this religious cause.

My view of Jews stop here. I do not want to support all their actions as if God is behind them. Bible is clear when it blames the Jews for killing all the Prophets and our own Lord. Also Jews killed our Apostles and many Godly men. I do not read any history of Jews protecting Christianity or even treating Christians special. But I read historically Christians had soft corner for Jews like Cory Tenboon. I am not saying that Christians never attacked Jews but my point is there is no soft corner for Christians in the heart of Jews. But I see many Christian leaders openly supporting Jews as if it is God's purpose for them. I am not sure whether it is right or wrong. I am still not clear. In my mind other than the 2 consideration that I have for Jews, I do not have anyother special concern, nor are they blessed in any spiritual way.

2014/10/17 4:09Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Christian view of Jews

Quote: In my mind other than the 2 consideration that I have for Jews, I do not have another special concern, nor are they blessed in any spiritual way.

I can't make you have any special consideration for the Jews, however I can challenge your thinking that they are not blessed in any spiritual way.

Israel – The Olive Tree

Israel is Israel, christianity did not spring forth from a vacuum. The church actually has no root system of its own, it sprang from the highly developed religious tradition and culture of ancient Israel. It the church was a previously wild branch grafted on to the trunk and roots of Israel, we are given that position by virtue of “grafting in,” “adoption,” “partakers,” and being “made near:”

God chose Israel, he chose the Jews to be a blessing to the nations, it is this nation that gave us the old testament, it is that nation, that people that our saviour came to us from, it is from that nation, that people that wrote the Gospels and the letters of the new testament, it is Israel that we are grafted into when we believe in Christ...

Paul the Apostle stressed the importance of keeping the right attitude toward Israel and the Jewish people. That attitude was to be one of humility Rom. 11:20, mercy Rom. 11:31 and kindness, even to the point of stressing an obligation in sharing material gifts with the people of Israel Rom. 15:27.

2014/10/17 7:12Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi murrcolr

its an interesting reply, i dont have any final belief in the matter but your statement has me thinking. i tend to stay away from these normally. thankyou

2014/10/20 8:48Profile
docs

Re: Reply for Sree

You wrote,

"My view of Jews stop here. I do not want to support all their actions as if God is behind them. Bible is clear when it blames the Jews for killing all the Prophets and our own Lord. Also Jews killed our Apostles and many Godly men. I do not read any history of Jews protecting Christianity or even treating Christians special. But I read historically Christians had soft corner for Jews like Cory Tenboon. I am not saying that Christians never attacked Jews but my point is there is no soft corner for Christians in the heart of Jews. But I see many Christian leaders openly supporting Jews as if it is God's purpose for them. I am not sure whether it is right or wrong. I am still not clear. In my mind other than the 2 consideration that I have for Jews, I do not have anyother special concern, nor are they blessed in any spiritual way." (END)

Romans 11:28 comes to mind,

"From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God's choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers."

They might be called "God's beloved enemy." The first thing many Christans find themselves up against as fr as witnessing to Jews is concerned is the church's harsh treatment of Jews over the centuries. Many discern and are even beginning to warn of anopther round of anti-semitism that is coming and if the church will continue to stand against this thing hatched in hell then it might go a ways in helping heal the historical breach between the church and the synagogue. I'm of the opinion though that this latest trend against Jewry is a prophetic sign within itself and should not be dismissed with a view that we've seen all this before and this too shall pass. A clear warning should go forth. Even if they don't want Christ they need to be warned against a future perhaps not so far off. The church's growing unpopularity might well begin to be tied to the fact that this church continues to stand with Israel and Jewry when it is increasingly unpopular to do so. Meanwhile, the warning should be included along with our preaching of Christ.

2014/10/26 12:47Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Galatians 3:28 throws a nuclear bomb into the divisive world where group identity shapes every thought.

"There is no longer Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female but you are all one in Christ Jesus."

Seems to me there are those who bow down before Jesus Christ and those who, facing a world full of obstacles, traditions, and a thousand arguments, do not.

2014/10/26 14:03Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I completely understand and agree that we must guard against anti-Semitism. But just because some Christians or churches believe and teach that God has only one people of God made up of both Jews and Gentiles doesn't necessarily mean they are anti-Semitic.

The Word makes it clear that the wall between Jew and Gentile was broken down through the cross and that God has made one people from the two (Eph 2-3 and other scriptures make this clear). Does God have a special plan for the physical nation of Israel in the end-times? I believe so according to Romans 11. I believe it will be a massive awakening and salvation of Jews as multitudes of them receive Jesus as their Messiah like never before. But I don't believe in a future earthly millennial kingdom with an earthly temple being built where sacrifices are reinstituted for the sake of fulfilling some land promises made to Israel. As was just posted by Sidewalk I believe that in Christ there is no division. We are all one in Him. Brethren, that is not anti-Semitism, that is Bible.

2014/10/26 14:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy