SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Wedding Vendors, Gay Marriage, and 1 Cor 8

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
yuehan

Re:

Hi Lysa,

Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth... (1 Cor 13:6)

2014/10/12 6:01Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think Lysa's point is that if we separate ourselves from all contact with homosexuals, who is going to reach them with the gospel?

Someone below made a comment about strip clubs. I used to attend a church where a group of women would go into a local strip club; they would take in small gifts for the girls, meet with them in their dressing room, get to know them, pray with them and as a result many of these girls got out of the business. Now the women from my church did not dress like strippers.. But one of them (who led this ministry) knew all about what these girls were involved in because she used to be one.

What is better- a church who refuses to allow such a ministry because of the "scandalous" nature of it or because these women were "rejoicing in iniquity" or a church that endorses this ministry because these girls in strip clubs need a Savior?

If Christians totally isolate themselves, how will sinners hear the gospel. Didn't Jesus tell us to "go?"

"To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by **all means** I might save some." 1 Cor. 9:22

Let me put it this way: If a Christian baker bakes a cake for a homosexual couple and as a result a relationship is formed and the couple get saved and comes out of their sin, and later when the christian baker dies, do you really think God will say "Well done, my good and faithful servant (but you really shouldn't have baked that cake)."

2014/10/12 8:14Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

We can preach the gospel to the lost without supporting their sins. While Christ hung out with and preached the gospel to tax collectors and prostitutes, He did not participate in their sin for one second. I don't believe He would have done His first recorded miracle at a homosexual wedding, would He? If you say He would have then we have a different understanding of His character, or may even have a different Jesus, just sayin.

2014/10/12 9:20Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Pragmatism(if it works, do it) is one of the biggest plagues within Christendom today. So many Christians and churches will do just about anything to be relevant to the culture, from doing full fledged circus-style church services with dressed up clowns and elephants (I kid you not, look it up on YouTube), to putting on satanic-style death metal concerts, to serving beer after services, etc.

2014/10/12 9:39Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I guess my biggest issue is it just seems sad that some seem to equate standing on conviction over a matter as not being loving. It requires more love to speak truth to a person then it does to say nothing. IT cost more too...

I have love for all who are lost doesn't matter much what their sin is. I love them but I won't ignore or support the sin. I pray for the lost regardless of who they are. Just because I would not attend a gay wedding does not mean there is a lack of love. I wouldn't drive and unwed mother to the abortion clinic either. I wouldn't help unmarried couple move in together, and I wouldn't drive the get a way car for a bank robber....but I will pray for them and extend love to them as GOD gave me leading.

God bless
maryjane

2014/10/12 9:47Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
I wouldn't drive and unwed mother to the abortion clinic either. I wouldn't help unmarried couple move in together, and I wouldn't drive the get a way car for a bank robber....but I will pray for them and extend love to them as GOD gave me leading.

Good examples of when it it's time for us to say, "No, I cannot participate in or support this sin which is an abomination to God."

2014/10/12 9:53Profile

Re:

Should a Christian, given much of the logic here, attend a gay wedding of friends or relatives. This is a very sore issue, especially when it is our children involved. I know a lady who has a special need son. She loves the Lord, has been a Christian for 30 years. Her daughter is a lesbian. She does not allow the daughter to bring her girlfriend to her home, so, the daughter does not come. Her daughter is to be " married," in two months. She is not going and she is not allowing her special needs son, who loves his sister very much, to go. Her husband on the other hand is going to the wedding. A very complicated situation I am sure most would agree with no easy answers........bro Frank

PS my lesbian niece stayed with us for two years while she attended a local community college. She is from Scotland and at some point in that two years her " girlfriend" was coming over to visit. I had to decide whether to let her stay at my house. I will not tell my decision until I hear feedback then I will tell what I did and why.

2014/10/12 10:50
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Imo this is an example of a biblical way to reach homosexuals or any other groups:

(Warning, at about the 6:25 mark there is profanity spoken for a few seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKR8kXlhUQ

I know that many Christians and churches today would oppose that type of "outreach".

I know that there are many hateful so-called Christian groups out there that do not preach the gospel but only preach hate. But I don't believe that that brother in that vid would fit in that category. He is simply preaching the gospel and warning them in love and you can tell by his demeanor and attitude as he preaches.

The reason I thought I'd share the link to that vid is to share an example of the need to actually preach the gospel to the lost and not just do nice things for people.

2014/10/12 11:50Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree that this kind of preaching is needed. I am not sure how effective it is but nonetheless it is needed.

And it is not just being nice to people. It is showing kindness as a stepping stone to sharing the gospel.

2014/10/12 13:46Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Frank

I would guess you did whatever you felt the LORD leading you to do. I have no issue with people following the LORD leading in their lives. I have learned there are times when HE has me speak and other times when HE has me remain silent.

As for attending the gay wedding, its interesting. I knew a young man in his late twenties who professed to be a Christian. He had a young wife who was five month pregnant when everyone in the church and his close BIBLE study group found out he had been having an affair and cheating on his wife. Once his sin was known there were those in the fellowship group that wanted to let him know that they still loved him no matter what sin he was in so after he left his wife, got a quickie divorce and promptly announced he was marrying his girlfriend,there were those same Christians who said yes they would attend the wedding.
They wanted to show their love for this person. One sister said its not our place to judge, we have to just love them.

Well not long after his second marriage ended in a shambles the young man was speaking to a brother from his fellowship and asked how could things have gone so wrong. This brother said well you had to know GOD was not in support of your sin with your second wife, leaving your first wife as you did and remarrying? The young man shook his head in confusion and said, but you all came to my wedding you supported what I was doing. You were there for me...as you can imagine the other brother in CHRIST was stunned. He told him his coming to the wedding to the second wife was not meant to support what he was doing but to show that he loved him. The young man was angry and said it would have been more loving to tell him the truth then to let him continue on in his sin. The young man actually left the church after that, called them all liars, the first wife left because she was heart broken that no one cared enough to stand in the gap for her family. Never knew what happened to the second wife.

I think we have to be really careful and walk a fine line. By going along and attempting to show love there are times when we can actually enable a person on their path to destruction. Sometimes its most loving to say "I love you but I can not do this for you. I can not over look the sin you are in because I know the destruction it will lead you too."

Just some thoughts on my heart. I would be glad to hear how the LORD lead you in your situation. What things HE placed upon your heart at the time.

God bless
mj

2014/10/12 14:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy