SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Death by Denomination

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Brother Oracio

I agree with your observation, and was just trying to inject some humour.

2014/10/3 15:33
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Notdarkyet, sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you were being serious and sarcastic. It appears we both have something in common, namely a sort of dry sense of humor. Unfortunately, that has gotten me in trouble at times with my wife lol.

2014/10/3 17:28Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: It is very easy these days to come across many different resources online that rail against the so called "IC". Those resources come from different sources that range from being flat out heretical to within biblical Christianity. But a common thread in many seems to be this disillusionment with and disgruntled attitude toward all established denominations and churches.

In my very first meeting that I attended this was what I heard from heaven was this - "The church is dead" then I heard "but there are thousands of people across the world hearing my voice" and then I was asked a question "are you hearing my voice"

For me it's not about be disgruntled attitude, but a hope that the church can be what it should be, a desire to see God raising up a people who are utterly sold out for the Kingdom of heaven and that people take the Gospel message to the very ends of the earth and that God's Holy name will be vindicated through those people.

2014/10/3 21:19Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Bro Frank writes:

Quote:
Dear brother and fellow disciple in Christ Oracio, we have found something that we can be in complete agreement with, disagreeing with the last notsodark.

" Just because there are strong disagreements over issues like this does not mean we cannot consider one another brothers in Christ."

I feel the warmth of brotherhood in that statement and I heartily agree............bro Frank

Amen brother, that post got away from me so that I just noticed it right now.

2014/10/3 21:41Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

murrcolr writes:

Quote:
In my very first meeting that I attended this was what I heard from heaven was this - "The church is dead" then I heard "but there are thousands of people across the world hearing my voice" and then I was asked a question "are you hearing my voice"

For me it's not about be disgruntled attitude, but a hope that the church can be what it should be, a desire to see God raising up a people who are utterly sold out for the Kingdom of heaven and that people take the Gospel message to the very ends of the earth and that God's Holy name will be vindicated through those people.

Brother, I'm not exactly sure what you meant by saying you heard the Lord say, "The church is dead"? If you meant to say that the Body of Christ is dead I would have to disagree based on my understanding of God's Word. Our Lord Jesus prophesied that He would build His Church and that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. So the question has to be, has the Word of God failed? Have the gates of hell really prevailed against the true Church of the living God? I say an emphatic no! The devil has never been able to stamp out out the Church of God! He has tried in various forms throughout the ages but has not succeeded. Our Lord Jesus has been and still is at the right hand of God the Father and as our great High Priest He has been making intercession for His Church and the Father Has been answering that intercession! There have been countless saints who have not bowed the knee to Baal throughout the ages and many have been martyred, but the Church keeps marching on! The true saints of God have been and are spiritually alive in Christ and the Holy Spirit has been setting apart and purifying for Himself a Bride that is prepared to meet her Bridegroom. God is still at work in His Church and is using His true children as lights in this dark world in these last days. Many are are taking up their cross and following the Lamb wherever He leads. Just because those precious brothers and sisters are not famous or we don't know about them doesn't mean they don't exist.

The below scriptures are just a few of many that give testimony to the power of God that has prevailed all this time. May we not despise what great things our God has wrought thus far and is working out currently, while at the same time looking forward to what He will continue to do through His power and grace.

"3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls. 10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 12 To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven--things which angels desire to look into. 13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy." 17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. 22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, 24 because "All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, 25 But the word of the Lord endures forever." Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you."-1Peter 1:3-25

"9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."-1Peter 2:9-10

2014/10/3 22:18Profile

Re:

Bro Colin writes............

"For me it's not about be disgruntled attitude, but a hope that the church can be what it should be, a desire to see God raising up a people who are utterly sold out for the Kingdom of heaven and that people take the Gospel message to the very ends of the earth and that God's Holy name will be vindicated through those people."

I completely agree. That is the kind of brothers and sisters I have been fellow-shipping with in the last several years from all over, including the world, and it is thrilling. Hearing God is the most important thing, I agree, we must be able to hear what the Spirit is saying.........bro Frank

2014/10/3 23:10
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
for the umpteenth time!

Listen!!

the more posts in opposition to bro Frank's word of Truth, the more impotent this opposition seems to me.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=6863

Brother Len said, he would never join a church if it didny have at least ONE, if not more prayer meeting a week.

The carefully timed Sunday services are MAN directed.

Many of these "demoninations", just seem like so many assemblies of "rome-lite"...amen.....just listen to Ian

My question in that regard would be, is brother Len's conviction the standard of criteria for us to join a church? Where does it say in the Bible that churches must officially have a special "prayer meeting" set aside during the week in order for us to join them? Don't think we can find a verse that says that. Please don't misunderstand, I'm not knocking prayer meetings, I'm all for them. But if your church does not have an official prayer meeting you can pray in your closet for the Lord to put it on the heart of the leadership to start one, or you can try to find one or more believers to pray with in your home, or you can keep praying on your own and lead by example. Why give up so quickly on churches based on that type of criteria?

2014/10/3 23:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Brother Len said, he would never join a church if it didny have at least ONE, if not more prayer meeting a week.

brother Ravenhill laboured for the reviving of the local church in various denominations, he did not call people out of them but sought to see them revived and changed within, that was also the desire of John Wesley and countless others. A.W. Tozer was an Alliance denominational pastor and was the main editor of their magazine for a time. He sought for revival in the denomination he was a part of as well as the larger body of Christ.

I wonder which speakers on SermonIndex heard the voice of God saying for them to leave denominations and join the "true body of Christ" how it is supposed to gather?

C.H. Spurgeon was a particular baptist and sought for reform in Baptist circles in his day. Were all these men wrong for being in denominations?

2014/10/3 23:31Profile

Re:

Greg asks...........

"I wonder which speakers on SermonIndex heard the voice of God saying for them to leave denominations and join the "true body of Christ" how it is supposed to gather?"

And the answer, in direct contradiction to what Greg just asserted is ...........

PROPHETIC WORD FROM 50 YEARS AGO – A. W. TOZER

“Let me go out on a limb a little bit and prophesy. I see the time coming when all the holy men whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit will desert worldly Evangelicalism, one by one. The house will be left desolate
and there will not be a man of God, a man in whom the Holy Spirit dwells, left among them. I hear Jesus saying…Mat 23:37-38: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you would not! Behold, your house is left to you desolate”

As the Church now stands, the man who sees this condition of worldly evangelicalism is written off as somewhat fanatical. But the day is coming when the house will be left desolate and there will not be a man of God among them. I would like to live long enough to watch this develop and see how things turn out. I would like to live to see the time when the men and woman of God-holy, separated and spiritually enlightened-walk out of the
evangelical church and form a group of their own; when they get off the sinking ship and let her go down in the brackish and worldliness and form a new ark to ride out the storm”

2014/10/3 23:46
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
C.H. Spurgeon was a particular baptist and sought for reform in Baptist circles in his day. Were all these men wrong for being in denominations?

Amen, I've considered bringing to attention the example of Spurgeon and the church he pastored but you beat me to it brother. According to Ravenhill's in-depth study of revival history Spurgeon's church experienced revival on the local level, meaning that that church was on fire with the power of the Holy Ghost very evident in the meetings and in the lives of the members.

Think about that for a moment brothers and sisters. We're talking about a Baptist church that did not believe in the gifts of tongues and prophecy as they are understood today in Pentecostal circles. Yet some of us will say you cannot experience true revival without such gifts being in operation? The same would go for the first and second great Awakenings as far as certain gifts are concerned. And in those revivals there was much structure, much organization and order, not everything was allowed to go on untested by the gift of discernment, especially in Spurgeon's church.

All that said, I'm not knocking any Pentecostal persuasions but I'm simply trying to reason that we need to be careful not to make blanket assertions about certain groups or denominations not being able to be a true revived expression of Christ's Church.

2014/10/3 23:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy