SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Satanists want to give out materials in Orange schools

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Satanists want to give out materials in Orange schools

(note: I saw this in another news source, if you go to google news and put in "Satanists", there are a plethora of news stories, including that these hell bounds servants, WANT to open 15 chapters across the nation.....enough is enough, is my feeling. YES, God is in control, but ....lemme stop there)

----------------------------------------------------

Satanists want to give out materials in Orange schools

A religious group called The Satanic Temple is making plans to hand out literature in Orange County Public Schools later this school year, following distributions by atheist and evangelical Christian groups..

The New York-based Satanist group hopes to use a distribution as a form of protest.

"If a public school board is going to allow religious pamphlets and full Bibles to be distributed to students, as is the case in Orange County, Florida, we think the responsible thing to do is to ensure that these students are given access to a variety of differing religious opinions," said temple co-founder and spokesman Lucien Greaves.

The district has not received a formal request from the temple, but school officials say they reserve the right to review materials.

However, Orange has twice allowed a group called World Changers of Florida to distribute Bibles, and an atheist group gave out materials last year. In both cases, district counsel Woody Rodriguez said the pamphlets and books were being allowed to avoid a lawsuit.

The Satanic Temple, a relatively new group that supports social justice causes and believes Satan is the "eternal rebel against the ultimate tyrant," wants to give out materials such as The Satanic Children's Big Book of Activities.

Greaves said the book contains information for students on protecting themselves from corporal punishment at school.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation and its local affiliate, the Central Florida Freethought Community, sued Orange schools last year after some of their materials were censored. The case was dismissed earlier this year when the school district agreed to allow all of the materials to be given out.

"They have no ability to keep out the Satanists and the literature they want to distribute unless they close the forum altogether," said FFRF attorney Andrew Seidel.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/education/os-satanic-temple-orange-schools-20140915-story.html

2014/9/16 12:58
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Satanists want to give out materials in Orange schools

Did you see Obama's devil horns during his speech the other night?

2014/9/16 14:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
by TMK on 2014/9/16 14:19:07

Did you see Obama's devil horns during his speech the other night?

no, I didn't. did you?

2014/9/16 19:32
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Do a quick google search and you'll see.

2014/9/16 20:52Profile

Re:

Eph.4:29-30
Let no unwholesome worrd proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

1 Tim. 2:1-4
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgiving, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all those in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Brethren we are not to speak evil of the President. We are to pray for him. Particularly fir his salvation.

Bearmaster

2014/9/16 22:37

why is it TMK......

...that you seem so intent on derailing threads?

2014/9/17 8:30

Re: and Blaine

why is it, YOU join in, to derail the OP?

cant you still your keyboard?....and leave it alone?

the both of you FAIL to see what I originally posted, the horror of the child spirit, which is vulnerable and soft, the object of the evil one, to destroy the little ones that Christ embraced in His Earthly Ministry, and vowed horrific punishment upon those who stumble them; a millstone and the deepest part of the ocean...and then by the Blood cleanses their sins, forever more, amen.

instead BOTH of you, have little to no respect of the onus of my OP, instead trying to satiate your own appetites, with little to no humility.

You should both be ashamed, unless you can contribute, and not divert, still your keyboards.

Its getting to be on this forum, where one cant post without being hectored.

2014/9/17 8:37

Re:

Neil speaking evil of the President is not contributing to the OP.

The remark made by TMK was out of line. Even in the Old Testament it is said that we are not to speak evil of the ruler of our people.

Brother we do well to review again the SI guidelines.

Blaine

2014/9/17 9:21
MaryJane

Re:

Neil

I saw this headline and it made me feel sick inside. I just kept thinking about young children, who are curious by nature, looking into these horrible things they might not of otherwise been exposed too. I was thinking about those two girls who over this past year did horrible acts of violence because "slender man" told them too. Slender man started out as an internet myth but now those who serve the devil have gotten hold of it and it has truly become a vile and scary thing. I fear for the young ones, I fear the enemy coming for them like this.

I pray parents would be outraged in this school district and demand that this people not be allowed to pass out their garbage. These are dark days and the enemy is attacking and seeking to deceive even the children. I pray for the lost, I pray for GOD to protect these young minds and keep this darkness from them.

God bless
maryjane

2014/9/17 9:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

There are many stories of satanists etc in the news. There was the black mass in Oklahoma City, the obscene devil statue in Canada (and people protested when it was removed).

My comment about Obama was a passive aggressive way of saying that I think he is devilish. I just happened to see a news article about the horn thing.

I agree that we are to pray for our leaders. Doesn't mean we can't call them devilish if that is what they are.

When (if) a literal antichrist arises, should we pray for him?

2014/9/17 10:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy