SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the rapture and what happens before the rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re:

quote"Again give me one verse where Jesus states that he is Coming before the Tribulation??"

Give me one verse that says the church is NOT IN HEAVEN during the gt.

Give me one verse that says we are raptured after the gt.

Show me the word "postrib" in the bible

All rabbit trails

2015/2/21 15:48Profile
psalm1

Re:

Again give me one verse where Jesus states that he is Coming before the Tribulation??

Jesus said so

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

See that? he said he is coming in the same timing,BEFORE THE FLOOD/GT.

Or maybe you can show me ANYTHING postflood????
What in your mind happened post-flood. Jesus return? a resurrection? A battle with satan??

2015/2/21 15:55Profile
psalm1

Re:

Quote; "Psalm 1 you stated Rev 20 says no such thing.
"where the First resurrection takes place and that is in rev 20 at the Coming of Christ."

Rev 20 clearly states the words This is the First Resurrection and it clearly happens when Christ comes which is described in Rev 19"

No,rev 20 says nothing of "WHEN" you made that up with no basis at all.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

You are MAKING THAT SAY that those beheaded,the martyrs are resurrected at that time.
It says nothing of the sort.

Those are the same martyrs of rev 7

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

See that? they were martyed DURING THE GT.
You have left so much out. Very bewildering

".......had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign "with him a thousand years."

See that? from rev 20? Those martyrs are from rev 7 DURING THE GT,AND THEY ARE IN HEAVEN with glorified bodies. You have "1st res" as happening after the gt which is IMPOSSIBLE. Completely impossible.

2015/2/21 16:08Profile
psalm1

Re:

Quote;"Where does it also say that all of the saints are in Heaven during the GT????"

Rev 19 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

All in heaven,during the gt.

The bride made the wife,the saints,the marriage supper,,all IN HEAVEN,DURING THE GT

2015/2/21 16:14Profile
psalm1

Re:

by budgie on 2015/2/13 23:57:30

Psalm1 you asked this question
BTW, How do postribs explain this away;
1 thes 3;13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
It is very easy to explain
Jesus is Coming.
Paul said this in 1 thess 3
1Th 3:3 That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.
1Th 3:4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.
Paul could not make it any clearer, we should not be moved by affliction and tribulation as it is appointed unto us.
1Th 3:8 For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.
1Th 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
Paul wants us to be standing fast in the Lord so that we will be found blameless and Holy when He comes.
It is important to remember that there was no chapters or verses so we must continue reading the rest of the letter
Paul says this
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Paul states that Jesus will bring with Him all that who have died in Christ and that their dead bodies will be raised first.
Paul clearly shows that those that come with Christ have not yet received their Immortal Bodies.
This is a Resurrection of the Dead and if it is a Resurrection then Rev 20 states when the First Resurrection takes place."

Your theory has a major crack.

"17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Those raptured do not die.

2015/2/21 16:24Profile

Re:

How does knowing the timing and sequence of events leading to the Lords return affect our daily walk with him?
Does it make us more fervent in prayer, witnessing and living lives set apart to him if we have this all figured out?

2015/2/21 21:41

Re:

Let's remember that we worship the same Jesus.

If Jesus comes pre/mid/post-trib or a/pre/post-mill it won't matter to them that believe in Jesus Christ. He will get us.

Or said another way, for us to be raptured, we don't need to believe IN the rapture, provided we follow and live for Jesus Christ.

Why is so much time wasted on this? Yes. It's wasted. Why? Because it's not really fruitful in building other brothers/sisters up to be more patient, kind, gentle, etc.

Quote:
Titus 3:9 - But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

I've looked over this thread and it seems to me that it's not profitable to others. This isn't someone (or many) refining their beliefs nor is it peaceable.

I encourage the active contributors to look at your own heart and ask 'why does this matter to you so much' or 'why is this important'. Christ will take care of His Church, we don't need perfect doctrine. We need to follow the perfect One and grow in understanding of His ways. Not convince everyone of our particular/specific beliefs.

Our call of Christ is simple, not complex. Our call is to build, not to perfect. Christ perfects His Church, not us.

P.S. Amen Carmine, you posted that before I hit submit. Glad to know others are in the same accord.

2015/2/21 21:49
psalm1

Re:

Quote;"Why is so much time wasted on this? Yes. It's wasted. Why? Because it's not really fruitful in building other brothers/sisters up to be more patient, kind, gentle, etc."

The rapture of the church is the catching up of the bride by the groom.
It is the "times of the gentiles fulfilled". It is the literal habitation of the saints in their "mansions" Jesus spoke of.

I can image a bride a few weeks before her wedding and all she can think of is that big day in the furure.

There is nothing more fascinating.
SAd that you have such a negative approach to the next biggest event in heaven.

2015/2/22 14:52Profile
psalm1

Re:

"Does it make us more fervent in prayer, witnessing and living lives set apart to him if we have this all figured out?"

I love the study of the Bride/groom dimension.

My second would be the levitical priesthood.

My third would be the end times in general.

nobody is forcing anyone to look at these type threads.

I think a more "constructive" criticism would be to correct the "calvanism" thread posters

Just my $.02

2015/2/22 14:59Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: psalm1 and budgie

Quote:
by psalm1

"Does it make us more fervent in prayer, witnessing and living lives set apart to him if we have this all figured out?"

I love the study of the Bride/groom dimension.

My second would be the levitical priesthood.

My third would be the end times in general.

nobody is forcing anyone to look at these type threads.

I think a more "constructive" criticism would be to correct the "calvanism" thread posters

Just my $.02

psalm1,

These are all good topics to discuss. I used to get a tad bit aggravated with you and budgie, but after being (passively) accused of not maturing in Christ because I felt led to defend the topic of signs and wonders... :) :) :) I now understand, so please forgive me, brothers!!!

Debate on, b/c I've learned a few things by reading both your responses... like I don't know half as much about this topic as I thought I did!! :) :) So I will continue to lurk and pop in when I have a question or two!

God bless you both!!!
Lisa

2015/2/22 16:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy