SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is John MacArthur Right?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: where is the real Babylon --- America?

Oh dear, In the post of Frank's he was stating that the beast empire was America where the antichrist will rule. While the Pope was the head of a world religions. So for Frank that effectively makes Rome - Babylon.

In Revelation the Great Whore rides on the back of the Beast Empire - The beast empire seven heads are seven mountains. At the time 5 had past, 1 was Rome, 1 was to come Islam which defeated the Rome Empire and the 8th was like the 7th..

So the beast empire is an Islamic Empire - not America - The Harlot rides on the back of a Islamic empire..

Where does John see this Harlot - So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness Rev 17:3 Wilderness is the greek word erēmos and can be translated a desert, wilderness.

Now if he had found the harlot in America - would he describe it's location as a desert wilderness... I doubt it..

No the desert wilderness is where you find the beast in the dessert sands of the middle east.. This is were you find the Harlot riding that beast...

2014/9/1 16:15Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Now I don't mean this in any derogatory way at all, but why do so many Americans think that all significant things in the bible (good and bad) are centred in America?

Either they consider America as God's covenant people or as the great Babylon! I'm sure we used to suffer from this mindset in GB back in past days. But maybe America is not that significant as we think, or is that blasphemous? :)

2014/9/1 16:26Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: But maybe America is not that significant as we think, or is that blasphemous?

America the most powerful nation in the world will have a critical role in the last days, along with many other countries including our own...

Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God; Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness Ezk 28 6-7

This verse is about the AntiChrist where he says that he has decided that he is God.. So God raises "the terrible of the nations" which is America, UK and Nato allies along with others attack the Anti-Christ and his army.... to prove that he is not a God....

2014/9/1 20:09Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
heydave wrote:
Either they consider America as God's covenant people or as the great Babylon! I'm sure we used to suffer from this mindset in GB back in past days. But maybe America is not that significant as we think, or is that blasphemous? :)

All I did was state... "America?" And, boy, you guys take right off!!! :)

I'm not going to argue with anyone about it, I just have my opinions but I enjoyed reading yours as well. I will just say, "We will see where America stands in the mix in the end times."

God bless,
Lisa

2014/9/2 5:11Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi Lysa.

I'm sorry if what I wrote came across that way. :) That's the problem with communication in writing, you can't get the expression in..
It was not meant as a hit against you in particular, just a general observation on what I have observed and to say let's not see everything through the lens of our own world view.

2014/9/2 5:53Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

According to the book of Daniel, the antichrist will come out of the last kingdom.

Quote:

“Thus he said:

‘The fourth beast shall be
A fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.
The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.
He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

‘But the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.
Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.’

The Roman empire was the last kingdom. I do not assume to know what it will be like in it's final form, but he will arise out of that.

If you look at prophecies later, you will see that there is a great army from the south which the antichrist will devastate, I have recently entertained the idea that that particular army will be Muslims. The reason being is that they would never accept anyone other than a muslim declaring himself to be god. And although he will be an enemy of the jchristians (as they themselves are) he will not be muslim and will be perceived by them as a threat.

I am definitely up for alternative ideas about it though.

2014/9/2 14:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Is John MacArthur Right?

I have not read all the other replies but will answer your question, "Can MacArthur be right?"

The last time I read through Revelation I got the sense the writer could be talking about Islam. Up to this point I never heard anyone suggest this, so I was surprised to hear later there are others who are saying the same. None of these people are dogmatic about it, just that they have this sense.

In my quest to understand when this era begins and ends I have looked for markers that would give me a clue. Am not sure but think Revelation 20:4 has one. In the meantime I am looking for more but am always aware that things will get worse but Jesus will be victor.

I am not a Calvinist but I tend to agree with MacArthur except I do not know anything about Mahdi.

2014/9/2 16:16Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Something I have been looking at today is -- chi xi stigma or 666

I would ask you take a look at the short clip on how the chi xi stigma looks like bismallah meaning "in the name of allah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEHeH4bDKFU

2014/9/2 17:51Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Colin, I took a look at that clip you posted. Interesting, but lacks credibility to me. I don't think that the theory being presented is sound. Symbols that are similar (but not the same) and need to be turned around to make it fit and changing the meaning of 'number' of the beast to 'multitude' of the beast to make the theory work just seems like he got an idea and now has to make it fit somehow.

2014/9/3 4:54Profile

Re:

I too looked at the clip. I do not know if the "666" is "in the name of Allah". But we can not ignore the rising global tide of Islam. Thus it would stand to reason that it will play a very prominent role in the end times.

Islam is the greatest persecutor of Christians on a global scalen a global scale. We know Christians are being persecuted by extreme Buddhist, Hindus, communist, personality cults like in North Korea, etc.

But the greatest persecutor of Christians on a global scale is Islam. Though not politically correct to say this. Governmental and non-governmental reports bear this out.

From Indonesia to Saudi Arabia to western Africa Christians are being persecuted by Islamic extremists. There is a connection between the Boko Haram in Nigeria, El Shabab in Somalia, Al Qaeda in Syria, and the Islamic State an Iraq. Plus the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Thus it might be said there is a monolith of rising Islam. All with one goal to destroy Christians. And advance a world wide caliphate.

We would do well to pay attention to this growing threat. And ask God how we should respond to it.

My thoughts.

Bearnaster

2014/9/3 8:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy