SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The millennial Kingdom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
havok20x

The millennial Kingdom

So I was reading Ezekiel and noticed when the last temple is built and The Lord comes back to reign that the sacrifices will begin again. What is the purpose of those?

Also there is a man called "the prince" who is not Jesus and has to prepare sacrifices for his sins and the sins of the nation Israel. Who is he?

2014/8/23 9:18Profile
savannah

Re: The millennial Kingdom

A THIRD TEMPLE? by S.E. Murel

Since AD 70, many Jews have longed for a rebuilding of the Temple. Some people in the Christian community encourage such a construction. The concept and prophetic expectations for a third Jewish Temple to be rebuilt in Jerusalem is being promoted today. Recent publications advocate a third Temple and prophetic speakers are strongly suggesting that all is ready for the Temple to be constructed. Talk goes on about how easy it would be to destroy the great Mosque of El Aksah that has occupied the site of Solomon’s Temple area for 1000 years. Talk is made of secret plans for the construction of a third Temple and it is said that the very cornerstone has already been cut and dedicated. While the speculation continues it is often forgotten that God has already spoken on this whole matter.

THE NEED TO REFOCUS

It should be remembered that there was a Temple that once existed and which saw the establishment of all God’s promises and purposes in Christ realized. The Temple was the second Temple rebuilt under the leadership of Ezra, Nehemiah, and Zerrubbabel following the Babylonian captivity of BC 606-538. The first Temple or Solomon’s Temple was destroyed in BC 586. The second Temple was built by the Jews after they returned from the Captivity. The second Temple was not as impressive as the one built by Solomon and yet the prophets arose to tell the people that the Lord would honor the second Temple by sending the Messiah to it. Here are the wonderful words of Haggai with the Divine promise:

Thus saith the Lord of hosts: Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land; And I will shake all nations and the Desire of all Nations shall come, and I will fill this house with the glory, saith the Lord of hosts. The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts. The glory of this latter house shall be greater than the former [i.e. Solomon’s Temple] saith the Lord of Hosts, and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of Hosts (Hag 2:6-9).

Haggai was speaking at the dedication of the second Temple built by Ezra and others who returned from the great captivity. He was declaring that despite the more inferior structure the second Temple would still be honored and it was for the Lord Jesus did come to this very Temple. With the coming of the Messiah, heaven and earth shook. The shaking of heaven and earth denotes the passing of the Old Covenant and the establishment of the New Covenant. On the day of Pentecost, Peter quoted a similar prophecy from Joel to prove the same thing (Acts 2:19-21).There are some very serious theological problems for the conservative Christian if the Temple vision of Ezekiel is to be considered to be a prophetic reference to a third Temple that is literal and is to be built in the future. The following points should be considered.

Continued in the next post...

2014/8/23 10:17Profile
savannah

Re: EZEKIEL’S TEMPLE VISION

EZEKIEL’S TEMPLE VISION

1. A restored third Temple would invalidate Christ’s current eternal priesthood for the sons of Zadok would have the last, exalted position over Melchizedek and Aaron’s priesthood. (Ezek 18:27)

2. Sin offerings would again be made by the blood of bulls and goats. It has been suggested that the sacrifices of a future third Temple during the millennium period would be for a memorial but many times in Ezekiel the sin offering is mentioned without qualification. (Ezek. 43:19, 21, 25, etc.) The word memorial is used twenty-nine times in the Old Testament and three times in the New Testament. The term is not used in the book of Ezekiel.

3. The whole purpose of Ezekiel’s vision is lost if it be literal. The Lord spoke to Ezekiel and told him that the very object or purpose of the vision was to show the perfect holiness of the Lord by which the people of Israel might measure the extent of their iniquities. (Ezek. 43:10-12)

4. If Ezekiel’s vision Temple is to be interpreted literally and still futuristic then circumcision must be re-established as a requirement of access to God (Ezek 44:9): “Thus saith the Lord God; No stranger [i.e., Gentile], uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.” Long ago the apostle Paul found it necessary to withstand Peter face to face over the very issue of the return of the Church to circumcision. (Gal 2:11 ff) Now, once again, in a very subtle way the concept of having mandatory circumcision for the people of God is being embraced within the body of Christ.

5. If Ezekiel’s vision Temple is literal and futuristic, then the Lord will again dwell in a building (Ezek 43:1, 2). The New Testament teaches that the Lord does not dwell in Temples made with hands. (Acts 7:8)

6. If Ezekiel’s vision Temple is to be understood literally and in the future then there will again be priests of a Levitical order who will be required to avoid woolen undergarments lest they sweat. (Ezek 44:18) These future priests must also have a hair cut according to a certain length. (Ezek 44:20) They must avoid contact with the dead (Ezek 44:31), and receive the first of the sacrificial flour in order to bestow a priestly blessing. (Ezek 44:3) The whole book of Hebrews forbids the Christian community to consider the re-establishment of a Levitical priesthood for there is a better way.

7. If Ezekiel’s vision Temple is to be understood to be literal and yet future, there will be again on earth, following the Second Advent and with the Lord’s approval, all that Christ came to abolish: sin, suffering, sacrifices, and death.

8. In Ezekiel 47, the highlight of the Temple vision is found in the living waters rising inside the Temple and issuing from the threshold. The river flows from the Temple, getting deeper and wider in its course as it sweeps across the country till it empties itself into the Dead Sea where it heals the waters. Everything springs to life where the water flows. Fishermen stand upon the banks of the river and fill their baskets and spread their nets. Trees of paradise flourish on either bank yielding a continuous harvest of fruit and yielding their leaves as healing medicine. Spiritually, this could be a wonderful description of the gospel river of grace flowing from Jerusalem until it comes to cover the earth with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the seas. (Jn 2:21 cp. Jn 7:37, 38)

9. Hebrews 9 teaches that the tabernacle and of necessity, therefore, the Temple is only a type of heavenly things and figures of the true. There is no need for a literal Temple to teach anyone anything, for the reality has come in the Person of Jesus Christ. There is no need for a literal Temple to fulfill any prophetic utterances, for all that the prophets spoke has been fulfilled in the Lord.
In light of these gospel truths there is no need for the Christian community to anticipate or promote the rebuilding of a third Jewish Temple. If such a Temple is every rebuilt in the course of human history, it will not be based upon any biblical mandate.

2014/8/23 10:21Profile

Re:

The early church fathers, those who heard the apostle John teach, said the anti-Christ would stand in the [rebuilt] temple and proclaim himself to be God during a literal 7 year tribulation, before a literal millennial reign of Christ.

Pre-Millenialism Ken Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b25M-Xz74Dw

all Ken Johnson's youtube videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/biblefactsorg/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

Bible facts site:
www.biblefacts.org

2014/8/23 14:59
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The idea of a rebuilt temple with animal sacrifices should be repellant to any Christian.

2014/8/23 22:19Profile

Re:

Here are some more quotes to consider.

Quote:
Justin Martyr (AD 100-165) in his Dialogue With Trypho c. AD 140, a Jewish man, made the following premillennial statement: "But I and others, who are right-minded Christians on all points, are assured that there will be a resurrection of the dead, and a thousand years in Jerusalem, which will then he built, adorned, and enlarged, as the prophets Ezekiel and Isaiah and others declare."

Quote:
Two of the greatest ante-Nicene fathers were Irenaeus and Tertullian (AD 160-230). Irenaeus grew up in Asia Minor and was discipled by Polycarp, who knew the Apostle John. Irenaeus had a very extensive view of Bible prophecy in his last five chapters of Against Heresies, which were suppressed throughout the Middle Ages by anti-premillennialists and rediscovered in 1571. (7)The restoration of a more literal interpretation and reading of the early church fathers by many post-Reformationists led to a revival of premillennialism in the early 1600s. (8) Irenaeus' writings played a key role because of their clear premillennial statements. "John, therefore, did distinctly foresee the first 'resurrection of the just,' and the inheritance in the kingdom of the earth," he says, "and what the prophets have prophesied concerning it harmonize [with his vision]."

quote source: http://www.ldolphin.org/premillhist.html

2014/8/24 0:54
havok20x

Re:

I can't access YouTube so I won't be able to watch those.

Savannah and TMK,

Both of you tell me what those prophecies don't mean. What is their interpretation if not literal and futuristic?

The truth is that I never have studied Ezekiel so now that I am, I am having difficulty reconciling what it says with what I standardly thought. In Isaiah I asked myself the question , " will some form of the law be back in place during the millenial reign?" And again I see it in Ezekiel.

Not trying to pick a fight here but int would be nice to ask questions to people who can answer them.

2014/8/24 8:00Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Havoc--

Some people believe the Ezekiel passage is literal and some think it has spiritual application.

I think the whole of scripture especially Hebrews would negate any reason to reinstate animal sscrifices.

I am sure you could read tomes supporting both views and obviously there is disagreement in the Christianity about this.

There are actually some Christian groups who are trying to breed a perfect red heifer to use when temple sacrifices are reinstated. Preposterous in my opinion of course.

2014/8/24 11:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Temple

2014/8/24 11:13Profile

Re:

From this video I posted:

Papias AD 70-155
Fragment 6 - After the resurrection of the dead, Jesus will personally reign for one thousand years. I was taught this by the Apostle John, himself.

Tertullian AD 190-210
Against Marcion 3.25 - The Millennial Reign, resurrection, and New Jerusalem are literal.

Irenaeus AD 178
Against Heresies 5.35 - The Resurrection of the Just takes place after the destruction of the Antichrist and all nations under his rule. Many believers will make it through the Tribulation and replenish the earth. The new heavens and earth will be created, and then the new Jerusalem will descend. These are all literal things, and Christians who allegorize them are immature.

Against Heresies 5.25 - In 2 Thessalonians, the "falling away" is an apostasy and there will be a literal rebuilt temple. In Matthew 24, the "abomination spoken by Daniel" is the Antichrist sitting in the temple as if he were Christ. The abomination will start in the middle of Daniel's 70th week and last for a literal three years and six months. The little horn [11th] is the Antichrist.

Against Heresies 5.26 - The Roman Empire will first be divided and then be dissolved. Ten Kings will arise from what used to be the Roman empire. The Antichrist slays three kings and is then the eighth king among them.
Against Heresies 5.30 - The name of the Antichrist equals 666 if spelled out in Greek. Don't try to find out the number of the name until the ten kings arise.

Barnabas
Epistle of Barnabas 16:5-7 - You can perceive that their hope is vain[the Romans wanting to completely destroy the Jews]. Furthermore the Lord said, "Behold, they who destroy this temple, even they will again build it up once more." This prophecy was fulfilled because the Jews went to war against their enemy[Rome]. But even though they are now no more than servants to Rome, they will return and rebuild the temple. It was revealed that the city of Jerusalem, the temple, and the people of Israel were to be given up.

Prophecies:

-Roman Empire split then divided - AD 395-476
-Return of the Jews - AD 1948
-Rebuilt Jerusalem Temple - ______
-Rise of the ten nations - _______
-Rise of the Antichrist - ________
-Seven-year Tribulation - _________
-Physical return of Jesus to rule for 1,000 years - ______

Premillennialism was replaced with Amillennialism in the third century.

Cyprian, AD 250
Epistle 67 - Cyprian states the prophecies of the Antichrist foretold of heresies rising up in the church at the end of the world. He speculates the prophecy of the church's end-time apostasy is[might be] starting in Rome.

If we were Premillennialists from the first century to the third, what happened in the third century to change all of that?

-The Schism of Nepos, AD 290
Basically Gnostic teaching of a Millennial "indulgence" pushed the Church in an Amillennial direction.

Taken from video by Ken Johnson:
Pre-Millenialism Ken Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b25M-Xz74Dw

-Sorry for the long post just wanted to get most of this video out there in text for anybody interested without access. Blessings

2014/8/24 12:11

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy