SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : response to those coming through mexico illegally

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

God bless you Lordoitagain, and may He pour our His blessings upon you as you minister to the tired and hungry and wretched people and give them sanctuary from an exceedingly cruel world. Lord, I thank you that I am not hungry tonight. Lord I thank you that I have a roof over my head tonight. I know Lord that everything I have came from you and belongs to you. Lord, there for but your grace ( unmerited favor) go I ......bro Frank

ps when I was a young lad and very poor, my mothers family would not help us because my father was an alcoholic, so we sat in the dark, often cold and hungry. I am sure my family felt righteous in their own eyes.

2014/7/16 22:21
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

I live in Brownsville Texas, My house is 5 mins away from the border with Matamoros Mexico. Let me tell you, it is bad. the people coming across want security, and opportunities, which are nonexistent in that city. the Cartles, own everthing and the rival gang (zetas) are trying to push out the cartles for their own purposes.. Many cops are bought out and there is really no justice in that region..
I know many immigrants ( legal and illegal), whom i love so deeply, One family cared for me and my boys when my wife was sick with cancer..( I considered her family a God send, Like the ravens with Elijah)
that my experience
andy

2014/7/16 23:55Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Stand in the gate of the Lord's house, and proclaim there this word, and say, Hear the word of the Lord, all you men of Judah who enter these gates to worship the Lord. Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Amend your ways and your deeds, and I will let you dwell in this place. Do not trust in these deceptive words: ‘This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord.’“For if you truly amend your ways and your deeds, if you truly execute justice one with another, if you do not oppress the sojourner "ILLEGALS" , the fatherless, or the widow, or shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not go after other gods to your own harm, then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave of old to your fathers forever.“Behold, you trust in deceptive words to no avail". (Jeremiah 7:1-8)

Here in Australia "ILLEGALS" do not come over fences at boarder crossings, but over sea in little leaky wooden boats filled to the brim with men, women and children. If they do eventually make it to Australia, its the homosexual/greenie type that generally takes them in and helps them out. Maybe us "Christians" are too busy building our "temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord".

There is one thing for certain, and that is those that are followers of Jesus, and neglect the sojourner "illegals" , the fatherless, or the widow,will bring destruction and judgement upon themselves. And that statement does not just come from the above scripture but is a theme all the way through the word of God.

Her prophets whitewash these deeds for them by false visions and lying divinations. They say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says’—when the Lord has not spoken. The people of the land practice extortion and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the foreigner "ILLEGALS", denying them justice. (Ezekiel 22:28-29)

And the word of the Lord came again to Zechariah: “This is What the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner "ILLEGALS" or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.’ “But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and covered their ears. They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the Lord Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the Lord Almighty was very angry.“‘When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,’ says the Lord Almighty. ‘I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations, where they were strangers. The land they left behind them was so desolate that no one traveled through it. This is how they made the pleasant land desolate.’”(Zechariah 7:8-14)

2014/7/17 0:09Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Tough topic indeed. In thinking on this, I believe there needs to be a differentiation between those crossing the border to save theirs and their family's lives, and those crossing the border for just plain selfish ambition. As a Hispanic US citizen I can tell you that there are way more crossing the border for selfish ambition, for the American dream, than any other reason. Although Mexico is somewhat tyrannical, it is nowhere near as bad as N. Korea or El Salvador or other tyrannical countries.

If they are fleeing for their lives I don't see them breaking God's law in crossing the border. Jesus said if they persecute you in this city flee to the next, don't stay and be killed.

But even if they are crossing over for selfish ambition, we still need to extend the love of God to them just like we should do with any other sinner. We should share the gospel with them first and foremost, and do what we can regarding practical physical needs they may have.

I try to make it a rule not to give cash to homeless people but instead offer them food because I know that most homeless people are on drugs or alcohol and I don't want to be guilty of feeding their addiction. Sadly, even some ladies who have their kids with them on the streets pan handle for drugs or alcohol, or to get more money than they need.

As far as the government is concerned, I believe it has the right to prevent people from coming in illegally. But sadly, the government is so corrupt these days that it's hard to trust them. Sometimes it seems like they want to keep the immigration problem at a certain level to keep the low paying jobs going.

2014/7/17 0:43Profile

Re:

Very interesting topic and no easy answer. I think first of all we should try and get a bit a balanced view of the situation. A few years ago I was in transit in SF on my way to NZ. I was only changing planes and had no desire to set foot on US soil. But (from memory) i was photographed and fingerprinted etc. So why all the fuss and talk about "National Security" when millions can cross the border illegally, some of them have a criminal record or could be potential terrorists etc. So i think there is more going on then we realise but i don't want to discuss this here. Just saying it is probably not just the "bad" guys vs. us the "good" guys.

Back to rdg's initial question: what should our response be as Christians?
There is probably no clear answer from scripture, just some guidelines to consider. 1. we are just pilgrims on this earth with a citizenship in heaven. 2. Paul Washer mentioned in one of his sermons that we should see everyone as a potential brother or sister in Christ. 3. we should not support sinful behavior, eg if i pick up a hitchhiker who wants to go to a night club then i think i should refuse it.

Should Churches and Christians help in this situation? The Church is only accountable to the Lord. And here a see a few problems. We live in a world which is more and more anti Christian. So i would be very reluctant to work together with ungodly authorities. Such an involvement could also mean that a Church might have to cut back on other missionary activities!

So imo we should see those people as potential brothers and sisters in Christ but believers should seek the Lords guidance how to minister to them and be under His authority and not become unequally yoked together with unbelievers.

May the Lord give all of you who live in that part of the world His wisdom.!

2014/7/17 4:12
rainydaygirl

Re:

saw this headline a while ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/21/texas-gov-rick-perry-plans-to-deploy-1000-guardsmen-to-border/

don't know if this will help or only make a bad situation worse?? praying things don't get out of hand.

rdg

2014/7/21 18:14Profile

Re:

Here is another important article :
http://www.teaparty.org/u-n-seeking-intervene-u-s-border-crisis-47779/
So it could get a lot more complicated!

Here is an interesting verse from scripture which i believe is very relevant today:
1 Samuel 8:6 But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.…

Lord have mercy on us!

2014/7/22 2:24
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

If we have Christians crossing the border, are they not supposed to obey mans laws also? There is "legal" routes to become an American citizen, if your not going the legal route, your entering the country illegally, thus breaking mans laws. Maybe with some Christians, the breaking of this law, fits on their buffet of other compromises.

2014/7/22 10:06Profile

Re:

Brother Bill maybe they are crossing the border to become Christians.:)

It happens when the N. Koreans cross over into China illegally.

Just a thought bro.:)

Bear

2014/7/22 10:32
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster

Brother Bill maybe they are crossing the border to become Christians.:)

It happens when the N. Koreans cross over into China illegally.

Just a thought bro.:)

Bear

Mr. Bear, I guess my post was rather vague, I was speaking in reference to someones post, were they had mentioned that Christians were crossing the border illegally.

2014/7/22 10:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy