SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Practicing the Presence of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by amrkelly on 2014/7/19 6:58:19: Brenda precisely how do we "have the Holy Spirit joined to our spirits?

Being born again is an activity of God, when man consents to His working and comes to Him in repentance is my understanding.

Quote:
more concerned with our ambitions.

Sorry??

2014/7/19 9:58

Re:

There is a show on the Catholic cable channel EWTN called The Road Home. It is a show that gives testimony to those evangelicals who have converted to Ronan Catholicism.

Invariably a common denominator rises from the testimony of these evangelicals who came into the RCC. They say they read the writings of those called `the church fathers`.

Just as those who are converted out of Islam decry and warn of the foolishness of mixing faith in Christ with Islam called Chrislam. We need to heed Mary Jane and Frank who were converted out of Catholicism, their warning of mixing faith in Christ with the teachings of Rome.

Again we might do well to read Foxes Book of Martyrs and Martyrs Mirror to be reminded that the RCC put many of our brothers and sisters to death.

Another aspect of the RCC are the crusades. Many Moslems to this day remember it was Rome who called a Christian Jihad against Moslems and Jews. And the writings of the church fathers, particularly Agustine, gave rise to concept of just war. This is why it is difficult to evangelize Moslems and even Jews to this day.

My thoughts.

Blaine

2014/7/19 9:59

Re:

Quote:
by MaryJane on 2014/7/19 8:56:37: I am finding more and more evangelicals who are now saying they do believe there is common ground among RCC and that fellowship with them is not an issue. This is a dangerous area to be entering into. Once we try to find common ground, compromise usually follows. There is as Frank said so much about the Catholic teachings and traditions that are not BIBLICAL...We need to be in prayer for those lost in the teaching of the RCC.

I believe that it was inevitable. As we could not reconcile on doctrine, we are now going for joint experience and charismania was the start of it. Now it is becoming false mysticism that is doing the job. The RCC is looking at Buddhism now and accepting it.

The problem is that Protestantism is plain wrong as well and does not offer anything for the true believers in the RCC. Where can they go when they see that they have to deal with ungraceful Protestants who tear each other up over doctrine? The answer is that all institutionalised religion is false and corrupt and only a remnant know the true faith in union with Christ.

He can deal with bad doctrine in a man. But when the man is without any love and has a hardened heart, so often seen today, there is not much He can do but allow that heart to grow colder.

2014/7/19 10:07

Re:

Quote:
by murrcolr on 2014/7/19 8:09:33: And he is all for simplicity: If we would have religion lapped and folden in one word, for that thou shouldst have better hold thereupon, take thee but a little word of one syllable: for so it is better than of two, for even the shorter it is the better it accordeth with the work of the Spirit. And such a word is this word God or this word love.

I have not read that book and agree that what he says is eastern religion. Not all mysticism is Christian.

2014/7/19 10:12

Re:

Quote:
There is a show on the Catholic cable channel EWTN called The Road Home. It is a show that gives testimony to those evangelicals who have converted to Ronan Catholicism.

Invariably a common denominator rises from the testimony of these evangelicals who came into the RCC. They say they read the writings of those called `the church fathers`.

Just as those who are converted out of Islam decry and warn of the foolishness of mixing Christianity with Islam called Chrislam. We need to heed Mary Jane and Frank who were converted out of Catholicism, their warning of mixing faith in Christ with the teachings of Rome.

Again we might do well to read Foxes Book if Martyrs and Martyrs Mirror to be reminded that the RCC put many of our brothers and sisters to death.

It is all old hat Blaine. Unless we are prepared to say that there are no true believers in the nearly one billion RCC men and women we may as well pack up our bags and go home. We are simply repeating meaningless rhetoric and if I may say, somewhat less effectually than our forefathers did.

If there is even one single man or woman who belongs to an RC Church who is a true believer in the death and resurrection of Christ, then we have a series problem, do we not? So I ask again who is prepared and willing to say that there is not one single instance of a man or woman finding Christ and being born again in the RCC? If there is just one then by what power have they believed?

Some of us live in the past with such a commitment we cannot even comprehend the day we live in. Despising falsehood and error has nothing to do with knowing who is born again, nor has recognising a brother or sister in Christ got anything to do with embracing a false teaching. It is divisive and hateful and it is the root of much misery and anger. Show me a Roman Catholic who advocates murdering protestants today. Or a Priest who believes that it is his duty to hate all others who do not embrace his traditions. When the Lord moves to deliver Rome of those who have a heart for Him it will be because destruction is coming upon her, not because there are no true believers in Rome.

2014/7/19 10:15

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster on 2014/7/19 9:59:21: Again we might do well to read Foxes Book of Martyrs and Martyrs Mirror to be reminded that the RCC put many of our brothers and sisters to death.

And we might do well to read about what Protestants did to each other in Geneva. There are no clean hands here.

2014/7/19 10:16

Re:

Dear Brenda I am very aware of what the Protestant Reformers did to the Anabaptists. In some cases the Protestant and Catholic armies joined together to put the Anabaptists to death. Mainly because the Anabaptists were trying to live out the true reality of Christ during the Reformation.

As I think upon this dark time in church history it seems that the Protestant Reformers were more in agreement with the Catholics. Both groups held to church and state as one. Both groups believed that one could be born into the church giving rise to infant baptism. Both groups believed in the death penalty for heretics. Both groups believed in the concept of just war. And there are, no doubt, more areas of agreement.

One thing the Protestants and Catholics did agree on. The authority of the church fathers. So I would ask what are the differences between the Catholics and the Protestants. In my estimation they were one in heart. This is why I believe the Anabaptist were the true remnant church during the time of the Reformation. I say this because of their emphasis on a simple New Testament faith in Jesus Christ. And for that they were persecuted and martyred.

My thoughts.

Blaine

2014/7/19 10:38

Re:

Andrew writes.........

"If there is even one single man or woman who belongs to an RC Church who is a true believer in the death and resurrection of Christ, then we have a series problem, do we not? "

Of course we do not. It's a false premise. You could make that argument about Mormonism or Jehovah's witness's or Phelps church in Kansas or the Ayrian brotherhood. It's not we that have the problem, it's the genuine believer who is in Catholicism that has a problem. If anyone ever finds out that they do not believe in transubstansiation, then they will be invited to leave, or any one of the countless heretical teachings of the Catholic Church.

There is a coming great whore church which all the world will be defiled by. We see the Catholic church positioning itself to be the leader of such a universal church which will encompass Islam and Judaism and all the religions of the world. We also see a grand delusion coming over those who should know better and a growing resentment of anyone who speaks the truth about the Catholic church.............bro Frank

2014/7/19 10:56

Re:

Quote:
by appolus on 2014/7/19 10:56:57: If anyone ever finds out that they do not believe in transubstansiation, then they will be invited to leave, or any one of the countless heretical teachings of the Catholic Church.

No that is not true. You do not have to believe anything to attend services or join in with fellowshipping. They are most welcoming.

What they will say regarding not accepting Transubstantiation, or that you are not officially a Catholic is that you can go to the altar and cross your hands over your chest to refuse the wafer and wine, and get a blessing from the priest instead.

They are remarkably inclusive these days but of course to be a practising member you have to accept the party line. But there is leeway with a bit of it.

2014/7/19 11:03
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

The point is that if you are a practicing member of the Roman Catholic Church and have a real encounter with JESUS there is no way you are going to stay in that church continuing to practice sin against GOD by taking part in all the false teachings and traditions that go on. Taking part in such practices as praying to Mary, lifting her up as co-redeemer, praying to the dead saints, praying to for the dead, looking to the pope as infallible, earning your salvation ect. these and many other of the RCC teachings are considered sin in the BIBLE, so why would anyone who is truly following JESUS continue taking part and practicing in sin. Once someone comes to truly know JESUS, and is born again GOD will finish the work HE begins in that persons life and just as with any other sin, the desire will be to turn from it, repent, and cling to JESUS only. So I will say this, yes those who are lost in the RCC can come to JESUS, just like the gentiles of Paul's times came to JESUS even though they were involved in pagan religions at the time. Just like those early believers who turned away from idol worship those who come to know JESUS and repent of sins, will turn away from the false and pagan teachings of the RCC as well.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/19 12:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy