SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Muslim follower of Jesus...????????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Muslim follower of Jesus...????????

I was reading an article from Heart cry ministries about some missionaries who promote that a Muslim can in fact continue on in the practice of his faith and still be a christian. here is a portion of the article:

However, what is surprising is that missionaries are not only failing to confront the type of syncretism mentioned above; but are also promoting, justifying, and attempting to build a biblical-theological basis for it. It has, in short, become a legitimate methodology to reach Muslims with the gospel in the eyes of many missionaries. This methodology is often labeled “the insider movement” (IM), which is perhaps a bit misleading. Calling it a movement implies it’s homogenous with agreed-upon beliefs and practices. Most missionaries, even those in support of IM, would tell you this is far from the truth. However, there are some general characteristics that those who are considered IM share, most basic of which is identity. They maintain that someone can be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ and still remain within Islam. In short, they can be Muslim followers of Jesus.

There are many reasons why missionaries and IM “believers” are insisting that Muslim-background believers can stay within their socio-religious community (Islam) and be faithful followers of Christ. However, if the conclusion itself doesn’t bear the weight and scrutiny of the Scriptures, then no justifying reason can be legitimated. It is the current author’s conviction that IM has not only been weighed, measured, and found wanting by the Scriptures as a methodology, but in fact also constitutes a tacit denial of the Lord Jesus Christ. In other words, to profess to be a Muslim is a de facto denial of Jesus Christ. The self-ascription, “Muslim follower of Jesus,” is an inherently contradictory oxymoron at best, and damning at worst. This I hope to demonstrate by looking at a few key passages in the New Testament.

If you would like to read the entire article it is here: http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/heartcry-magazine-archive/post/what-accord-has-christ-with-islam

How can it be that anyone who confesses to know truth, would ever lie to someone and tell them that they could continue on being a Muslim and follow JESUS? I realize this is an older article but I have read others that show how the lies and deception has spread and deceived many. It is sad to think anyone who professes to know truth would ever leave another with out telling him/her the truth....

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/7 14:22Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Here is another very good article.

http://www.heartcrymissionary.com/asia-blog/post/the-cultural-captivity-of-missions-part-2

2014/7/7 14:30Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

The New Birth should take care of all this. When a person genuinely becomes born-again, the Holy Spirit takes over. Any false religious system they were espoused to becomes unmasked. If a missionary is teaching someone that they can be a Christian and a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. concurrently, two things are apparent: 1. The missionary is obviously not born-again, and 2. The people they are instructing have obviously not been born-again either. So you have a double-negative.

2014/7/7 14:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I agree Paul with what you shared. It is very sad though and I suppose would be a clear example of the blind leading the blind....

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/7 15:04Profile
onemite

Re:

Yes, it is very sad that those teaching such things neither allow their hearers entrance through the gate, nor do they themselves go- for the very essence of Islam is AntiChrist.
The Koran speaks more against the Word than any other subject. It repeats over and over how what was passed down (Holy books) have been changed and are full of errors.
Their daily prayer says :"He is Allah,and only one.Allah does not need help.He does not produce a child, and He was not born of anyone.There is no one equal." The entire undertone of the Koran is AntiChrist as we know Christ.
To live in a society where the religion is practiced widely, it's culture is integrated with Koranic teachings. Islamic holidays and festivals, times of eating lunch and dinner, the times stores are open- everything in some of those societies revolve around the religion. I can see why one would be tempted to say that they can keep tradition while being a Christian, but the longer I am a Christian, the more I can see that to go on with the culture means denying the deity of Christ.
Silly as it may sound, even polite phrases like our "bless you" after a sneeze, has been given special expressions in many Islamic cultures, so that to be polite, one must use the name of Allah.
When I really give this topic thought, it seems to me that we cannot really keep anything from ourselves after a true conversion. With time and growth in the Holy Spirit, all that is "anti- Christ" is stripped away and to preach that we can hold onto anything beyond Him is a hindrance.

2014/7/7 21:07Profile
Sree

Re: Muslim follower of Jesus...????????

Islam basically rejects the death and resurrection of Jesus. It only recognizes the virgin birth of Jesus and also his second coming to collect muslims. How can someone be Christian and still practice a faith that denies Jesus's main purpose which to die for our sins?

I recently heard that a Pastor of some welkown megaChurch has said that God of Bible and Alla are same. I think this movement or missionary should be based on it.

In India many practice Secret Christianity. They are Christians but do not tell it openly and practice their Hindu tradition outwardly. I do not believe there is anything called Secret Christian. If we fail to confess him openly before men then he will not confess us before Angels.

2014/7/7 23:32Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
For what fellowship has righteousness with
lawlessness? And what communion has
light with darkness? And what harmony is
there between Christ and Belial? Or what
part has a believer with an unbeliever? And
what agreement has the temple of God
with idols? For you are the temple of the
living God. " (2 Corinthians 6: 14-16"

"Therefore, come out from among them
and be seperate says The Lord. Do not
touch what is unclean and I will receive you.
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be
my sons and daughters says The Lord
Almighty ." (2 Corinthians 6:17,18)

2014/7/8 10:38Profile

Re:

Sree you say there is no such thing as `secret Christians` Then what of those believers who meet in secret in places like N. Korea. Should they go hold up signs in the capitol of N. Korea and shout turn or burn.

Or what of those believers who meet in secret in Somalia. Should they just meet openly and invite martyrdom by El Shabab.

I ask what is the persecuted church but a network of secret believers who are meeting quietly to advance the Kingdom purposes of Christ.

We must out aside our Western ideas that when someone comes to Christ in a restricted nation they are to shout it from the house tops. To do so would be foolish and jeopardise the work of Christ in that nation.

Brother I have people from the front lines on Persecution Watch. We have had to exercise caution so as to not endanger their lives or their ministry.

It is easy to sit behind our key boards and pontificate about what people should and should not do on the front lines in restricted nations. Having led a prayer cal for a few years praying for the persecuted the Lord has shown me that I serve them. I am not to pontificate but to pray for them. God will work His will in their lives so as to advance His purposes.

Blaine

2014/7/8 11:00
MaryJane

Re:

Blaine
Did you read the links to the stories I posted. These are missionaries telling people these things. It is heartbreaking to see people who as Paul said in his post clearly not saved deceiving others into thinking they are saved when their is no evidence of a changed life.

God bless
maryjane

2014/7/8 11:06Profile
onemite

Re:

I was born-again in a Muslim country and while I did not shout it from the rooftops, those nearest to me came to see the change in me as I encountered situations that arose from what is called in the article "folk islam." A Christian will in the end find it impossible to go a long with superstitions and legalism that is rooted in lies against Jesus and will in some way be persecuted for their rebellion against cultural norms.

2014/7/8 11:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy