SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Pure Milk of the Word

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """How did David know he had God's Holy Spirit?"""

Psalms 51:6 Lo, truth Thou hast desired in the inward parts, And in the hidden part Wisdom Thou causest me to know.

This will be done, If David had the Holy Spirit with him, he would know truth and wisdom, thus knowing God's Holy Spirit was with him, or he would not have ask for the Holy Spirit not to be taken from him. Thus David knew the Holy Spirit by His operations with him and The Holy Spirits power over him.

We know the Spirit has visited us, when we have felt all alive- bright, cheerful, and intense. Then our whole heart has run in the ways of God's commands, and we have rejoiced in His name. Thus have we known the Holy Spirit by his operations within us.

Words cannot reveal a person intimately, the person has to be present for a full revelation, thus the Holy Spirit must be present and reveal Himself for the truth and personal intercourse God wants and requires by faith the unfathomable riches He has for us.

So, Quote: """How did David know he had God's Holy Spirit?"""

By the Person of the Holy Spirit Himself, as He sees fit.

In Christ: Phillip

2014/8/7 14:13Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

"Words cannot reveal a person intimately the person has to be present for a full revelation, thus the Holy Spirit must be present and reveal Himself for the truth and personal intercourse God wants and requires by faith the unfathomable riches He has for us."

Amen, I agree totally.

2014/8/7 18:09Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I asked:

"David testifies that the words heard from God's lips gave him the ability to stay away from the paths of Satan.

Is this a one time event or is this a continuous process?"

Here is another example in Scripture which speaks of paths and the process of time....

Jos 1:3
“Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.

Jos 1:5
“No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.

Jos 1:6
“Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.

Jos 1:7
“Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.

"Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go" God promises to be with Joshua every moment of his life, as long as Joshua follows the Lord's instructions.

How does this precept tie in with the Lord "knowing" David and Joshua?

2014/8/7 18:19Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Being "known" by the Lord requires....

Amo 3:3
Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?

Throughout Scripture we are told about "paths". If one walks along a path where the Lord is leading, then in the process of time,(that is time as we experience) we should then understand how we are known by the Lord.

Rev 6:9
When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.

These saints in Scripture were "slain for the word of God". It is not just because they called themselves Christians but because the "word of God" created a "testimony" which each martyr held. This "testimony" is the result of walking down the paths revealed by "the word of God."

When Jesus said to those, "Get away from me I never knew you" what reason does He give those whom He condemned?

2014/8/8 12:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I asked:

"When Jesus said to those, "I never knew you; depart from Me," what reason does He give those whom He condemned?"

Mat 7:23
“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

So it is those who "practice lawlessness!"

We often stop at this thought, but Jesus continues on about the difference between those who are "known" by Jesus and those who "practice lawlessness."

Mat 7:24
“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:

Mat 7:25
“and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

Mat 7:26
“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:

Mat 7:27
“and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Both groups hear His words, what is required of all who hear the "word of God"?

2014/8/10 9:32Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Both groups hear His words, what is required of all who hear the "word of God"?

Mat 7:24
“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:

One builds a house on the rock, if one does what he hears. Is this teaching of Jesus, a one time event or does it suggest a process of time?

2014/8/11 12:42Profile

Re:

Broth err I woulld say that to hear the words of Christ and build on His rock is always an ongoing reality.

Blaine

2014/8/11 14:02
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Yes Blaine,

In the last 20 posts or so it has been important to establish first the impact that the Holy Spirit has on the individual. I used David as an example. Then it has been equally important to bring out the precept of the work of the Holy Spirit in man over the process of time. This is all in view of again...

1Jo 2:12
I write to you, little children,
Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.

1Jo 2:13
I write to you, fathers,
Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
Because you have overcome the wicked one.
I write to you, little children,
Because you have known the Father.

1Jo 2:14
I have written to you, fathers,
Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
I have written to you, young men,
Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,
And you have overcome the wicked one.

So it is that when a man builds his house upon the rock, the house will not fall when the storms come.

2014/8/12 7:00Profile

Re:

Indeed Rookie. Would you say that we are ever growing in our walk with the Spirit? Actually it seems to be a relationship with the indwelling Christ living in us.
In 1 John 3:24 we are told that we know that He abides in us by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Blaine

2014/8/12 8:49
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Blaine wrote:

"Actually it seems to be a relationship with the indwelling Christ living in us. "

Rom 8:9
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

1Pe 1:11
searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

It has always been the "Spirit of Christ".

2Jo 1:9
Whoever transgresses [fn] and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

Father, Son, and Holy Ghost work to teach...

1Jo 2:27
But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will [fn] abide in Him.

The Spirit does not speak of it's own but speaks what is of Christ.

2014/8/12 12:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy