Discussion Forum : General Topics : pharmakia

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Gary,

Quote: "in my experience I wasted ten years smoking pot wile after being born again ,,because I could not find where in the bible it was sin ,,ignoring ,,the small voice of conviction ,,it came down to idolatry and it it took me a long time to understand what idlolarty was"

I understand we all come in at different places and have different reactions and experiences. However I think what you said here shows you probably were given a wrong understanding of the gospel. This is the issue I am addressing and I think colours your thinking in now wanting to warn others.

True life in Christ is not about looking for laws in the bible that prohibit or allow certain behaviour. This is legalism in either direction. Certainly we read the bible to see how God expects us to live, but not from the view of I can do what ever I like as long as the bible does not explicitly prohibit it. We see what is God' will for us in in many passages of scripture and then apply that to all circumstances and activities of our life, wanting to please Him and walk in the Spirit with all wisdom and sobriety, having the mind of Christ in all things.

Have a good day!

2014/6/29 5:10Profile
brothagary

Re:

you misunderstand my intenions compleatly if you think that dave ,,that is the exact opasite ,,the verry opasite and basicly not even the context of why i asked the questions
not to justafie sin as you have said ,,i dont see how you could imagine i was saying that

i am a product of comnscence as you put it ,,with out a paster or preacher ,,i was converted with a bible and the holy spirit ,,,and my nature was transformed from an angry agresive meth addict ,,to a soft broken wepping joyfull gratfull saint ,,but i strugeld with pot and cigertes ,,becasue i was the only one teaching me the bible ,,me and my comonscence

brother the last paragraphe you posted is realy contradidting ,,,,

you said ,,,,True life in Christ is not about looking for laws in the bible that prohibit or allow certain behaviour. This is legalism in either direction.

yet jesus gave us writtern laws by his mouth and the apostals mouths,,and jesus exorts us if we love him we will keep them ,,,that is true christianty,, not just reliing on experence and concence and comonscence

then you contradict that with ....... We see what is God' will for us in in many passages of scripture and then apply that to all circumstances and activities of our life, wanting to please Him and walk in the Spirit with all wisdom and sobriety, having the mind of Christ in all things.

gods will is to keep his comands the laws from his lips
his writtern laws ..his will was to do things pleaesing ,,and abstain from the fleshly desires
,,, brother dont misunderstand me and think im preaching keeping the law of moses

brother those questions io asked didn not have any thing to do with leaglisim of as you seem to think that nor from the wild usumtion ..... the view of I can do what ever I like as long as the bible does not explicitly prohibit it

i allready know the bible is explist on certaint things ,,so i was asking if any one knew how to bibicaly deal with certaint situation in witnessing christ and the apostals teachings when it is not explisitly comanded

for me i found out that even have the smalest adiction was a form of idolary ,,and god wants to cleans us from all our idols ,,even the idols of our hearts ,,the old testament made that clear ,,,so for me realy the old testament in this instance showed me my sin for what it was brought clear conviction and the new covenrt blood set be free

calling pot and cigertes pharmakia and socrcery ,,did nothing but make me question how people came to that conclusion

blessings

2014/6/29 7:01Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, if someone has already this point, I apologize.

Marijuana will become legal, there is too much money to be made off of the taxes... but that aside, for Christians, it will be the exact same as alcohol...some drink a little, a lot or none at all; and some will smoke a little, a lot or not at all. Oh and I'm quite sure after that a new sermon will emerge for years in the churches, preaching against the evils of smoking pot, for whatever reasons.

We need to remember that everyone must work out there own salvation with fear and trembling before the Lord. Just my two cents worth! :) :) :)

God bless,
Lisa

2014/6/29 8:43Profile
brothagary

Re:

lisa so are you saying for a christian that a littel pot is of just like a glass of wine

i believe pesonly and i will tell christians ,,,even a little of this halusnagen will make one supeptable to demonic opresion and stronghold that will harm them and draw them in to the flesh ,,the same as drinking to much wine will ,,but i can only draw that from experence

work that one out with fear and trembleing ,,and hear from one who has smoked that shit for years ,and i feel the holy spirit made that clear to me about drumkenss and recreationl pot use

god used some of derik prince to help me see that and a dream ,,and that has been one of the only dreams that i feel the holy spirit has givern me

it not exacly the same as alchole it is a halusnigen ,,and this will open the door to demonic opresion for christian ,,where alchole wont unless one drinks to much and gets drunk

2014/6/29 9:11Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Gary,

I am sorry if I misjudged you. As I said I do understand that we all come from different backgrounds and experiences and do not always see some things as clearly and quickly as we might.

I was only picking up on what you said was the reason you continued to smoke dope for 10 years, which was you could not find a scripture to tell you not to.

I guess I did misunderstand you, as I understand the Lord showed you it was idolatry which set you free. I thought you were asking for scriptures showing a direct reference to not taking any drug.

Anyway I rejoice in what God has done in your life. Also I agree with your last post. Maybe this is the approach you need to use in witnessing, along with your personal testimony.

2014/6/29 16:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: pharmakia

OK, my thoughts are all over the map this afternoon, so here goes.

Thought #1:

I have not read closely all posts in regard to your question but I do have my ideas on this subject.

God says in Genesis 1:29: "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

I gather from this that every plant that bears seed has some value to humans, whether it be for food or medicinal use. The problem we see today is (1) we are ignorant of all the benefits plants provide for mankind and (2) what is know can and will be misused. This is through no fault of God, the creator, but the perversion that resulted when man chose to disobey God. From that point on the devil worked to pervert everything God did.

Based upon the fact that God created marijuana I can see the possibly of it being used to benefit humans.

Hmmmm....but I do wonder about poison ivy, poison oak...must be still ignorant. Oh, I have heard that birds use poison ivy to protect their young from snakes but they are not humans...

Doing a check on the web I find there are few species of plants that do not produce seeds. Interesting.

Man has not plumbed the depth of the blessings contained in the vegetation that surround us.

Thought #2:

RE: common sense...Got a question: what is the difference between common sense and wisdom that Proverbs talks a lot about?

2014/6/29 17:39Profile
brothagary

Re:

dont be sorry dave ,,i praise god to for his mercy i can fully understand why you would say what you did reagring legalisim and abusing libery due to lake of clear cut comands ,,,it just wasnt the case in this instant ,,,,but is a issue every where esepisialy in australia

bless you brother

2014/6/29 19:25Profile
brothagary

Re:

that is the great scripture ginny that satan uses to keep christians in bondage ,,,,,it lliteraly says food ,,,,,,,dont try any hash cake ,,but the seeds are full of protein

if it is used as a medicine by a baby christian for comon aliments for back pain neck pain ,,it will likely be abused due to the extreamly addictive nature of pot and the lake of mature common scence and wisdom ,that all baby christian have

2014/6/29 19:50Profile
roadsign

Re:

I fear that this discussion is missing the mark.
We'd do far better to consider the crisis in our society - the reasons WHY there is so much substance abuse - be that illegal meth in youth, or prescribed opiates in the elderly (morphine, etc).

An addictions counselor put it this way, "Youth take these substances to self-medicate, to help them cope with pain - the pain of anxiety, rejection, meaninglessness, and so forth. Something in their environment has gone terribly wrong. They truly do need relief, and they take these substances to help them cope. But unfortunately it turns around and bites them.

Indisputably the epidemic of substance abuse closely corresponds with the absence of healing grace and love in people's lives.

But if Christians are preoccupied with the letter of the law, what's right or wrong, black or white then they will be less inclined to empathize with those who suffer secret agonies caused by sin-sickness.

It may be those who would never consume a wrong substance are guilty of the greater sin: The failure to show the world what grace is.

Diane

2014/6/29 22:17Profile
brothagary

Re:

with all respect sister no one has said a drug user is a worst sinner then others or even a christian not doing what he should by bring light to others

sister you may think this discusion is missing the mark which is sin ,,,because no here is mentioning the reasons why people are drug adicted ,,,,who said we or i have not concidered the crises in socity ,,that is a blanket gerelisation of us in whom you know nothing ,of what we know and our relationships with drug addicts and brokeness or compassions for reaching the lost

sister dont confuse the leter of the law of moses ,,with the teachings of christ and the apoatsals ,, and compare who you do not know nor having never met with
leglaists ,,that would be missing the mark on your part with out doubt

sister you mention adictions councelers ,,,,why consult the dead or the world system to get worldly wissom for counceling ,,at best it cant produce faith and true repentence and true victory over sin

god said the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the sight of god ,,,,my wife as been a counceler for many years ,and now sees the total contradiction towards the counceling of the holy spirit

lets look to the councel of scripture ,,,and how jesus and the apostals delt with adictions like drunkenss or intoxation ,,,we would do far beter doing that ,,,

this topic was realy dealing with only one or two aspects or drug use,,,,how to show the sinner that is truly sin by useing the sowrd of the spirit wich is the word of god ,,,that doesnt mean there arent others problems and situations that cant be delt with and talked about ,, this topic is not intended to minamise any other factors of dealing with and understanding drug adictions

you said
An addictions counselor put it this way, "Youth take these substances to self-medicate, to help them cope with pain - the pain of anxiety, rejection, meaninglessness, and so forth. Something in their environment has gone terribly wrong. They truly do need relief, and they take these substances to help them cope. But unfortunately it turns around and bites them

you know adultry and fornacation stealing ,paryting and other sins are often used for the same reasons as above

but it is still rebelion and sin and detestable to to lord ,,,minamiseing it and surgar coating sin is not what jesus did nor did the apostals do this ,,,the world does that in this gerneration ,,and that is whay we have no awkenings and revivles like in the past when sisn was made to be excedingly sin full ,,paul said it was the law that did that for him ,, paul and peter and john for instants called sin out and made it seem verry sinfully ,,not one mention of why peopple sind in that way ,,like saying they just wanted to be loved so they sinned ,,or just wanted to escape pain ,so they sinned,,they never mentioned that onces in there councels and teachings ,,so even it is true it was erelevent to how they preached and taught and delt with the depraved socity

so siter with love ,must say your comment has realy missed the mark of scripture ,and our example setters jesus and the opastals and drew from the world system wich is not from god ,,the wisdom of this word is develish and deceving ofering no victory over sin but a mear bandaid ,, which may only be of a temporal help and can and does acctualy hinder the gosple ,,,my wife still strugles with the contrasts and contradiction that the world taught her in counceling for 25 years of drug and ackhole and marriage counceling

blessings

2014/6/29 23:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy