SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : is head covering literal or spiritual

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread

Re:

Thank you brother Oracio...perhaps it is a good subject for a new post though...women living in fear of their husbands and/or religious leaders. Yet I doubt any woman in such a case would even venture to enter such a conversation...their Lords would not allow them to...lol.

And that is the reason I raised this point so that perhaps the Holy Spirit could "slap some sense" into us men who are oblivious to the fear we instill in our wives and daughters and I am speaking to myself first and foremost here.

The only way to know is for us to humble ourselves and ask the woman in our lives. But get ready to hear answers that we might not like to hear. This will require great humiluty but it will draw us nearer to the Lord, for who is it that the Lord looks to? "But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word."

Now right here a person could claim, "aha, see...it is so important to tremble at Gods word...head coverings is a command in the Word...our wives need to tremble at this word!!!"

But that is not what Isaiah 66 is speaking about, in fact if you read the next few passages the Lord makes it very clear that He is NOT talking about outward obedience to His word at all...but a problem with their heart.

“He who slaughters an ox is like one who kills a man;
he who sacrifices a lamb, like one who breaks a dog’s neck;
he who presents a grain offering, like one who offers pig’s blood; he who makes a memorial offering of frankincense, like one who blesses an idol. These have chosen their own ways and their soul delights in their abominations..."

The Lord is saying that there is no difference in the hearts of those who DO not kill others or do NOT offer pigs blood or do NOT bless an idol etc. Their heart is the problem...they may be outwardly living right but they have gone their own way in their heart.

This is my point. We can jump up and down about woman covering their heads and right there in our hearts we can be filled with a spirit of manipulation and control and a desire to coerce others to do what we want them to do. If this is the case we have "gone our own way"...we have become utterly deceived and most definitely do NOT "tremble at Gods Word". And more than all the women in the world who do not cover their heads, we men need a massive spiritual awakening...Lord have mercy on us!

2014/6/26 11:40
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Thought this was another good article from the Got Questions site dealing with head coverings:

http://www.gotquestions.org/hats-in-church.html

2014/6/26 12:49Profile

Re:

Bro Mark writes.......

"I know I am slightly off topic but I feel the issue of fear is a valid concern in relation to this subject matter because no woman should have to live in fear of a man...ever...in any culture, yet that unfortunately is the reality of our world...and in many church circles."

Not off topic at all brother, I would venture to say that in so many circles, this is the central issue..........bro Frank

2014/6/26 13:34
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Dear sister Mary Jane,

You wrote:

"The truth is I know several sisters who dearly love the LORD and feel convicted wear the head covering. They do so with love in their heart for their husbands and the LORD JESUS. And sadly these same sister have to put up with being made fun of and even mocked by others from both the christian and non christian community."

Thank you for sharing this, for it has often been my own experience. In my own walk with our precious The Lord, He actually guided me to wear a headcovering during prayer and worship, putting this on my heart by His Spirit before I was married and when no one else I knew practiced or believed in this.

I can't tell you how many times my brothers or sisters in Christ have told me that I do not need to wear a headcovering because I have liberty in Christ and that Christ (and now my husband) is my spiritual covering.

I do not look down on my sisters who do not cover their heads...we all are on a unique journey with Him and each other and though we give our bodies to be burned or though we wear headcoverings, it profits us nothing if we do not have that love by which all men will know we are His.

What can hurt is when a desire imparted by the Spirit of God to obey instructions in the New covenant out of love is seen as legalism and bondage by other Christians. It is most often automatically assumed to be so, but I can tell you that neither my husband nor fear of man, nor dead tradition led me to cover my head in prayer and worship, but i do this by the Word and Spirit of God in allegiance to a King immortal, invisible, to honor Him before both enemies and allies in the unseen, specifically angels...it has very little to do with men at all but rather the invisible reality which will one day overtake the vain things of this world and bring us all to stand before His throne.

Neither do I judge any who do not believe as I do. His love, grace, peace, and mercy to each of you my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

2014/6/26 14:33Profile
MaryJane

Re:

followthelamb wrote:I do not look down on my sisters who do not cover their heads...we all are on a unique journey with Him and each other and though we give our bodies to be burned or though we wear headcoverings, it profits us nothing if we do not have that love by which all men will know we are His.

What can hurt is when a desire imparted by the Spirit of God to obey instructions in the New covenant out of love is seen as legalism and bondage by other Christians. It is most often automatically assumed to be so, but I can tell you that neither my husband nor fear of man, nor dead tradition led me to cover my head in prayer and worship, but i do this by the Word and Spirit of God in allegiance to a King immortal, invisible, to honor Him before both enemies and allies in the unseen, specifically angels...it has very little to do with men at all but rather the invisible reality which will one day overtake the vain things of this world and bring us all to stand before His throne.

Neither do I judge any who do not believe as I do. His love, grace, peace, and mercy to each of you my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

Thank you dear sister for sharing your heart with us here. I appreciate what you said, it was done so in love and that is what matters most. I trust GOD is leading each of us as we journey through this life and if we keep our hearts open and soft to HIS leading HE will guide us. I appreciate that you are following the things HE has placed on your heart and doing so faithful unto HIM! Praise GOD for that, as I do the same I give thanks that we can walk together and mutually lift one another up in prayer and encourage each other to press in deeper to walk submitting unto JESUS!!

God bless you
maryjane

2014/6/26 14:50Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Quote:
...it has very little to do with men at all but rather the invisible reality which will one day overtake the vain things of this world and bring us all to stand before His throne.

Thank you, sister! I wish I thought more like this about everything!

2014/6/26 15:03Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

followthelamb writes:

Quote:
I do not look down on my sisters who do not cover their heads...we all are on a unique journey with Him and each other and though we give our bodies to be burned or though we wear headcoverings, it profits us nothing if we do not have that love by which all men will know we are His.

Amen! That sums up well the kind of love and respect we are to have toward one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.

May we be careful not to wrongly accuse each other of any sinful motives.

2014/6/26 15:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy