SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revelations of Hell from two different people

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Revelations of Hell from two different people

Bill Wiese -
book - 23 Minutes in Hell
and free sermons/videos on youtube and here:
http://www.soulchoiceministries.org/

Mary K. Baxter -
book - Divine Revelation of Hell
and free sermons/videos on youtube and website here:
http://www.divinerevelations.info/mary_k_baxter_a_divine_revelation_of_hell.htm

I've watched video sermons from both of them. And listened to Mary K. Baxter's audio book on the site above. I wanted to recommend them to the saints here interested in knowing about hell. I highly doubt they made these revelations up, whatever doctrine they believe.

Note: they both state somewhere in their testimonies that hell is "eternal" or "never getting out". I'm not recommending the "eternal hell" belief part actually, but rather the details described by these two seemingly genuine experiences.

(also the near death experience of Howard Storm if anyone is interested in googleing it.)

Blessings

2014/4/24 0:23
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Revelations of Hell from two different people

I read 'A divine revelation of hell' a while back and the one thing that struck me as odd is how the demons seemed to rule hell and tortured souls in individual cells. This would contradict the bible because nowhere does it say Satan is the king of hell and nowhere does it say souls are being tormented by demons.

2014/4/24 9:44Profile

Re:

Have you read and viewed others books and or art in the subject? People have gone there and write similar things or or paint pictures depicting similar things. "Gates of Hades shall not prevail against it" describes some sort of kingdom since gates speak of power of a city

I take revelations with a grain of salt but I also think there is a reason Jesus gives them. Due to the need for people to not go there. people have visions and revelations that change their life. Something's got to be from The Lord. :)

2014/4/24 10:10
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Have you read and viewed others books and or art in the subject? People have gone there and write similar things or or paint pictures depicting similar things. "Gates of Hades shall not prevail against it" describes some sort of kingdom since gates speak of power of a city

I take revelations with a grain of salt but I also think there is a reason Jesus gives them. Due to the need for people to not go there. people have visions and revelations that change their life. Something's got to be from The Lord. :)

I don't know if I have read any other books on the subject. I can say I became skeptical after reading her book. Usually if someone recommends me to read some book on hell I ask them for the premise first because if it reads similar to her book I won't read it.

Paintings I see about hell show souls being tossed into a lake of fire along with demons and all of them burning. Not demons torturing souls. It becomes a bit exaggerated.

2014/4/24 12:19Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Revelations of Hell from two different people

I read Mary K Baxter's "Divine Revelation of Hell" once. It is complete and utter garbage. Here is why:

1) God tortures people in hell, not Satan or any demons/fallen angels, as Mary Baxter says. The wrath of hell is an expression of God's direct wrath. Satan and his demons/fallen angels don't rule hell, they too will suffer there under the wrath of God. They'll be too busy experiencing their own torment to have time to torment you.

2) God would never allow one of His children to even taste a lick of the flames of hell as Mary Baxter claims she did when Jesus left her there to fry. Jesus Christ drank hell for us, so we would not have to. Jesus Christ would not abandon us in hell, as Mary claims He did with her.

3) It communicate's a vision of hell that is more in keeping with Dante's Inferno than anything that is Biblical. It claims to be a divine revelation that isn't in keeping with the Biblical revelation we've already received, and claims to expand that revelation. While I believe in continued prophetic gifts being for today, I don't believe that any private revelations received will give us additional new information beyond what has already been given to us by the Lord and His apostles. Anything given will only confirm and highlight what they've already once and for all given to the saints.

I don't doubt that Mary Baxter had some sort of vision. But I don't believe that vision was from God. She might have had a psychotic delusion at best. At worst, she is experiencing demonic visions. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

2014/4/24 12:31Profile

Re:

This is the specific artist I was talking about. A Korean artist who saw Hell and depicted it in art.

http://filesmystery.blogspot.com/2011/04/paintings-of-hell-by-korean-artist.html

I don't know what to say. I believe there's good evidence for the "Gates of Hades" being a kingdom

"If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?
(Matthew 12:26 NASB)

One more scripture that might be telling about demons.... when the demoniac said to Jesus

And they cried out, saying, "What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?"
(Matthew 8:29 NASB)

note, "before the time" as if their torment hasn't begun.

2014/4/24 12:52
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I just heard hank hanegraaff discussing bill wiese the other day. He went into a lot of detail as to why this is utter nonsense namely for reasons mentioned. Demons do not rule in hell.

Satans kingdom is the earth not hell. He had authority to offer the kingdoms of the earth to Jesus when he tempted him.

2014/4/24 13:13Profile

Re:

Even Paul says there's a time to not look at man's reputation when it comes to Truth bros Galatians 2:6

2014/4/24 13:18
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have read May K. Baxtrer's book, "Divine Revelation of Hell."

I asked Simon Schrock, an author, a preacher of the Gospel and heavily involved in Choice Books in the D.C. area, about his take on this book. Several years ago his reply was that the publisher of it is known to be careless in what books they publish and so therefore are not reliable.

2014/4/25 10:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Why are these books best-sellers as well as other books on seeing heaven. They simply are big-money makers. I think it is quite dangerous to be enraptured with these things.

2014/4/25 12:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy