SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you hate the Government?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
timg

Re:

Brother Frank,
time keeps me from responding. I will have to kill my pride and just say that I pray that we all will act in a way that honors our heavenly father.
In Christ alone,
Tim

2014/4/23 5:33Profile

Re:

Hi bro PP, you write.........

"
///If those folks are being truthful, then they must be spending their whole lives in a barn with the cows///

I did not make that quote, but I did about chuckle when I read it because I just got in from milking :) "

That's hilarious bro, some may even say prophetic :) Maybe God is speaking to the man with the cows? .........bro Frank

2014/4/23 7:21

Re:

Bro Tim writes..........

"Brother Frank, time keeps me from responding. I will have to kill my pride and just say that I pray that we all will act in a way that honors our heavenly father. In Christ alone."

Amen bro, killing pride is good and I would certainly say amen to acting in ways that honors our heavenly Father, right there, if we all acted this way, there would not even be a need for this thread............bro Frank

2014/4/23 7:24
proudpapa

Re:

Hi bro Frank,

bro Frank wrote : ///That's hilarious bro, some may even say prophetic :) Maybe God is speaking to the man with the cows? .........bro Frank///

That honestly was not the impression that I had when I had read what you wrote. My personal feelings was that your statement may have been made because there is perhaps a certain american conservative country boy sterotype that you may hold resentment towards of which I might in some ways fit.

But never the less if It be of God which I relieze it may well be, may I not kick against the pricks but be open to exhortation. I will be in meditation and search my heart on these things and if the Lord leads, I will get back with you about it.

Back to milking :)

2014/4/23 9:47Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The Word of God instructs us that we are
to be in submission to those that are in
positions of authority such as our
governmental leaders. Those that hate
government have a problem with authority.

As citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven, we
are under a higher authority than earthly
rulers. We are under the authority of the
King of kings and The Lord of lords.
Therefore, we are not under any obligation
to obey any earthly authority that would
violate our obedience to theWord and the
will of God.

If there are those in our government that
are promoting legislation that is in
opposition to the will of God such as
abortion and same sex marriage, as
followers of Christ that have been called
to be salt and light, we are to expose the
darkness, and proclaim the truth.

Bonhoeffer suffered a martyr's death
because he not only spoke out in opposition
to an evil and corrupt government, but
actively worked to overthrow Hitler and
the Nazi regime.

As Christians we should prefer another
Christian to be in a position of authority
that would seek to do the will of God,
rather than settle for an unbeliever that
would actively oppose the will of God.

Mike

2014/4/23 12:44Profile

Re:

Hi PP, you write.........

"My personal feelings was that your statement may have been made because there is perhaps a certain american conservative country boy sterotype that you may hold resentment towards of which I might in some ways fit."

In response to the Lord, the lady at the well asked where one should worship. A controversy is always a good place for one to hide their heart :) No brother, I have no such resentment towards conservative country boys, never thought about conservative country boys. Maybe if I knew some, I would have resentments against them :) No, I think if someone who does not know you talks about spending too much time with the cows, it should at least make you sit up and take notice :) And keep milking of course, in a barn? ..........bro Frank

ps I have met few country boys that I did not like. I worked with a whole slew of them, was a Bricklayer for 25 years and worked with many a stubborn country boy, kinda reminds me of Scottish boys.

2014/4/23 16:20
proudpapa

Re:

Hi Brother Frank,

I have to go now ,but I will try to explain later why I wrote what I did. It was not about trying to start a controversy. It was about trying to be open and honest about things so as to recognize if God was trying to tell me something. I was not accusing you brother , I was being open about the thoughts that had ran through my head the night before.

2014/4/23 19:02Profile

Re:

Hi PP,

I know that brother, I guess you missed the humor in my reply. Are you sure you a good old boy ? :)........bro Frank

2014/4/23 20:04
proudpapa

Re:

Hi Brother,

I want to apologize for many of my post on this thread, I have responded Inappropriately in many of them.
And feel now that I have been a hinderance to the truths that you where putting fourth.
when trying to understand why, I suppose maybe it was feelings of offence from recent Obama care discussions.

When searching my heart on the subject the only thing as of now that has stuck out to me was a few weeks ago I was some what upset when I heard that the current administration was thinking of putting restrictions on wood heat and I expressed my frustration with my wife.
I felt that I had turned from that attitude before any of these disscussions even begain but perhaps the Lord wants me to confess it for the sake of accountability.
More than anything I have felt burdened today by many of my post on this thread and want to apologize to you for that.

2014/4/24 2:13Profile

Re:

Brother PP, in my experience, it takes a great big man to apologize. The origins of such an apology are undoubtedly from a humble heart. It is the humble who dwell with God. God bless you brother. I love you. .........bro Frank

2014/4/25 0:11

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy