SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you hate the Government?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
brother Frank, this is not aimed at you...please do not feel compelled to respond.

:-)

Do you feel that the other points are meritless though? Oh well, I gave it my best shot...sniff, sniff:(

2014/4/22 13:47
a-servant

Re:

"Re: Do you hate the Government?"

why on earth would I hate them?

they are from here - I'm from over there

ok now, we won't reconsile our differences
now or before times' up. I just express my
litle warning to them:

guys! you are now controlling the highways here,
no doubt you have the power. But treat us decently,
because if you don't i might get offended, and perhaps
vouch against you in the upcoming kingdom (which i now
introduce to you)

I know its a long shot, sometimes they want to know however.

and then we;'re talking

2014/4/22 13:57Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Did Paul just not relize that Ananias was the high priest when he called him a whited wall ?

"....Paul is saying. “Oh, high priest? I didn’t realize he was the high priest. This guy is the high priest is he? Really?” I love Paul. “God will smite you, you whited wall. You sit there to judge me according to the law and command me to be smitten contrary to the law? Paul knew his rights under the law. Well you couldn’t have put that in many years later" - dave hunt
http://www.thebereancall.org/content/was-ananias-high-priest-or-not

Whats your thoughts ?

2014/4/22 14:29Profile

Re:

Hi PP, here is Matthew Henry's thoughts.........

"See here the character of an honest man. He sets God before him, and lives as in his sight. He makes conscience of what he says and does, and, according to the best of his knowledge, he keeps from whatever is evil, and cleaves to what is good. He is conscientious in all his words and conduct. Those who thus live before God, may, like Paul, have confidence both toward God and man. Though the answer of Paul contained a just rebuke and prediction, he seems to have been too angry at the treatment he received in uttering them. Great men may be told of their faults, and public complaints may be made in a proper manner; but the law of God requires respect for those in authority."

I think the key part is that Paul repents whether he knew or not, unless we are too suggest Paul is being facetious with his repentance. Now, PP, many have surmised that Paul had very bad eyes after being blinded. He says at one point that he was loved so much that they might pluck out their eyes and give them to him so it is very possible that he could not determine who was talking or ordering the slaps.......bro Frank

2014/4/22 18:08

Re: Do you hate the Government?

My dear brother Frank...beloved brother....for anyone reading this, let me state right now for the record, both here and in Heaven, my brother Frank is precious to me in the Lord, and I daresay the only person on this forum, I actually, regularly dialogue with, many many blessed chats, he knows my burdens and heartaches, I know his.

I praise and thank God I found ONE brother on this forum, that I can actually give my phone number and address to without ANY hesitation, more importantly to open my soul and heart to, authentic, transparent, fearless....such a person, Blood bought, Spirit filled is a BROTHER....eternal.

now why did I write all that, here's why , I don't even like the word "hate". Some could say God uses the word "hate"....of course, He's God, i'm not.

I wrote that above without reading any responses, because I agree with and amen, everything my brother wrote, every dash and iota, bare none.

I MIGHT go so far as to use the word "loathe"....as in I have ALWAYS loathed babylon.....the spirit of babylon, the whore of babylon. ....and babylon has been a traveling side show of satanic freaks, that thru the ages ALIGHT in one nations capital after another, brute beasts bred for destruction, cunning in a bad way, lusting after gold and flesh, smooth lies, subtle fornications, meaning they are quite adept at joining with a "church that is no church", containing a "god" or "gods" that are NOT God....so they can put an ABSOLUTE with their smooth lies....even going so far as to try and pollute Holy Scripture with the misappropriation of say....Romans 13.

How dare they.

Now I know what impelled a teenage David to sink a stone into the forehead of that satanic freak , goliath, regarding neither his comfort or even life of ANY account, listening to the foul evil braying of the brute beast goliath.

don't think for a second, when David was rushing goliath, he did not consider himself DEAD....in body, but alive in God ....and Messiah, though probably David had not been given the Vision of the Cross...yet.

David rushed toward goliath, Jesus "rushed" toward the Cross (albeit not before He had run His Course)...and Death was defeated.

there is so much more I want to write, but cant bear, God bless you all, neil

2014/4/22 18:58

Re:

Quote:
...even going so far as to try and pollute Holy Scripture with the misappropriation of say....Romans 13.

Dear brother Neil, you have a very engaging, animated way of expressing things lol. Please humor me. Exactly how do people pollute scripture by misappropriating Romans 13? And if you are right and they are wrong about this passage, why does this bother you so much...to the point that your thoughts stray towards "sinking stones into foreheads"...yikes:)

2014/4/22 20:40
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Frank,

I know that you could have predicted the directions that the various responses would take. Our nation and our firm of government is unique in the world and has shaped our thinking, sometimes positively and sometimes negatively.

Funny the difference one word can make. Unfortunately some who name the name of Christ simply hate (despise) government. (My comments are NOT referencing any of the responses in this thread.) They are lawless and have trouble submitting to any authority other than their own. I was blessed by pastor Sayid's remarks I read today. We must die to ourselves of we hope to partake of His glory.

And some hate THE government. They become so wrapped up in the politics of what is going on that they actually come to a place where they harbor hated and bitterness toward those who lead. I will admit that there are times when, in my flesh, I do not desire to pay as I ought four my leaders, but I am commanded to do so.

This is not at all the same question as whether it was right or wrong for our forefathers to fight for independence, or whether it will not, at some point, be justified again.

But our ultimate residence is in the kingdom of God. It is to that king that we must first submit, and His laws cut to the heart of the matter. only when we are in full submission to Him as king can we be led of His spirit to see clearly what our role should be on whatever earthly kingdom we find ourselves.

2014/4/22 20:48Profile
a-servant

Re:

I had a chuckle or two about that one, bro Mark. i do feel likewise.
However because its an honest expression, i just say 'wow'.

Now the issue at hand you asked about, is that one side wants
us to submit to authority that misuses their own authority.

What Jesus actually teaches, is that someone under authority
is in authority of the ones under him.

Rom 13 you have to read very slowly to get the finer points,
one of them is:

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers.

Who is the highest power?

Are THEY in submission to HIM?

If not, we are under judgment, He gives wicked kings to those
He is going to judge.

And to drive the point home: There is no other authority on this
earth than Jesus Christ. If we are under His authority, than we
are His ambassadors, messengers and servants.

Just a little declaration of dependance.

2014/4/22 21:17Profile

Re:

My brother from Missouri said I could have predicted the various responses, yes, true, not very hard. I am sure my own responses are quite predictable, I hope that is a good thing :) I do think you have hit the nail on the head though brother when you write.........

"They are lawless and have trouble submitting to any authority other than their own. I was blessed by pastor Sayid's remarks I read today. We must die to ourselves of we hope to partake of His glory.And some hate THE government. They become so wrapped up in the politics of what is going on that they actually come to a place where they harbor hated and bitterness toward those who lead. I will admit that there are times when, in my flesh, I do not desire to pay as I ought four my leaders, but I am commanded to do so."

They are indeed lawless those that hate the government. We are told to love our enemies by Jesus. They come up , as brother Neil says, many various ways to re-interpret scripture as to suit their own political motivations. But since no one on this site hates the government, then it applies to no one. What I found fascinating was the denial that anyone hated the government in Christendom with quote like " I dont know anyone who hates the Government."

If those folks are being truthful, then they must be spending their whole lives in a barn with the cows ( do cows go in barns, I am a city boy) I have had to talk quite a few brothers down from the ledge of hatred and bitterness when it comes to the government, not because I have any love for such a government, but because of the damage they were doing to themselves, their witness and the Body of Christ. I have had brave souls who have e-mailed me and confessed to it, God bless their sincerity and transparency. Thanks Neil, I feel the love bro :) Right back at ya and to all the brothers on this site. Transparency can be a brutal thing, but there is grace for the broken and the contrite and the humble dwell with the Lord ( that is a universal truth, so unless the shoe fits, no taking that personally please:) .........bro Frank

2014/4/22 23:48
proudpapa

Re:

///If those folks are being truthful, then they must be spending their whole lives in a barn with the cows///

I did not make that quote, but I did about chuckle when I read it because I just got in from milking :)

2014/4/22 23:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy