SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Does the Bible Say About The Red Moon?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 What Does the Bible Say About The Red Moon?

Acts 2:20

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.

Revelation 6:12-14

When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Joel 2:31

The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

Matthew 24:29

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

2014/4/14 23:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: What Does the Bible Say About The Red Moon?

There is a significant back to back lunar eclipses with the moon turning to blood. Though we should not jump on every possible sign as an end-times sign it is clear that we should ignore this either. Could the world end in the next 10 years? Could the tribulation be upon us? It is possible saints.

There is a word-wide harvest of souls right now, great underground churches where many are coming to faith in areas of the world where the gospel was not present.

May we be found in the will of God.

2014/4/14 23:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
Could the world end in the next 10 years? Could the tribulation be upon us? It is possible saints. Greg

I believe in my spirit that we are at the very door of the tribulation and therefore within a short sight of the end of this age.

2014/4/15 10:22
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

In my spirit I have been feeling strong urging from the LORD to be found ready in HIM. I do believe we are seeing a time when persecution and hatred for those who are following JESUS will become even more common place across the entire world.

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/15 10:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

According to: http://earthsky.org/space/what-is-a-blood-moon-lunar-eclipses-2014-2015

The amount of "blood moons" that have happened in the past 2,000 years, that also coincided with the Jewish festivals, have happened 8 times.

1. 162-163 C.E. (Common Era)
2. 795-796 C.E.
3. 842-843 C.E.
4. 860-861 C.E.
5. 1493-1494 C.E.
6. 1949-1950 C.E.
7. 1967-1968 C.E.
8. 2014-2015 C.E.

It's a rare phenomenon, but as you can see, it happened 3 sets of times between 795 and 861 AD, and then skipped about 500 years, and happened again during 1493-1494, then skipped 500 years and happened 3 sets of times between 1949 and 2015.

Like a rainbow, this is a natural phenomenon that happens as simply a part of nature. However, like a rainbow, this natural phenomenon reminds us of God and his faithfulness to His promises.

Rainbows point back, blood moons point forward, and both call us to remember God and His promises in the present, and to act accordingly.

Let's not read anymore into either event than this.

2014/4/15 10:44Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well I got up at 2:20 am central time this morning, to witness the Blood Moon, and even took some pictures. What I can say from my own personal experience, from just watching it for 30 minutes or so, is I woke up this morning feeling more relaxed and at peace with life. I don't know if my feeling this morning has any significance to my personal experience seeing it, but something happened. I will just leave it at that, hope others got to witness it also.
God Bless!

2014/4/15 11:06Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by MrBillPro on 2014/4/15 8:06:23

Well I got up at 2:20 am central time this morning, to witness the Blood Moon, and even took some pictures. What I can say from my own personal experience, from just watching it for 30 minutes or so, is I woke up this morning feeling more relaxed and at peace with life. I don't know if my feeling this morning has any significance to my personal experience seeing it, but something happened. I will just leave it at that, hope others got to witness it also.
God Bless!

Greetings MrBill

I did not get to see it. Storm clouds and rain here so we missed it. Glad you got to see it and that you are feeling at peace. GOD is so good to us!!

God bless
maryjane

2014/4/15 11:25Profile

Re: An Increase in Persecution

Though some may call into question the significance the blood moons. What can not be argued is the increase of world wide persecution. Jesus reminds us in Mat.24 that we will be hated by all nations because of His name. The martyrdom of believers increase with each passing year. The list of nations hostile to the name of Christ grows each year.

When I read articles that ask if there will be a church left in the Middle East or that speak of a global war on Christians, then one knows the end is near.

Blaine Scogin
Persecution Watch

2014/4/15 11:35
yuehan

Re:

Here's a NASA link on the recemt lunar eclipse, as well as the other eclipses occurring this year: http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2014.html

2014/4/15 12:21Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: What Does the Bible Say About The Red Moon?

I tend to be very guarded about interpretations of phenomena like these. But here are my thoughts.

God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light, and the stars, to rule the night (Gen. 1:16, see Young's Literal Translation). So we have the sun by day, and the moon by night. The sun represents Christ; the moon (which has no light of her own) represents the church.

Now this verse from Joel (which Greg quoted): "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible (fearful) day of the LORD come" (Joel 2:31).

It appears to portend a time of great darkness when the "sun" is darkened, and the "moon" becomes a veritable blood bath... as we see beginning to happen even now, with, on many fronts, attacks on Christ and His church.

Frightening? But it's the prelude of the Day of the LORD when the "sun" shines in all His strength, and there shall nothing be hid from the heat thereof! (Psalm 19).

2014/4/15 12:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy