SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Spurgeon on the Christian and the Theatre

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

As I am on a rant here.:) What of movies such as The Gospel of John or the Jesus Video based on the Gospel of Luke?. They are shown in theaters.

Years ago the Billy Graham Association used to show evangelistic films in theaters. People came to Christ through those films.

Point being the theater or any other media us not evil. But the content if what is shown and the heart watching it are in question.

My thoughts.

Bearnasterr aka Blaine

2014/4/1 19:57

Re:

Isn't the Holy Spirit faithful to let us know when He is grieved and to chastise and reprove us when we do not turn towards His voice and away from the world?

2014/4/1 20:31
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Maybe the question here should be "what can we watch"? Maybe most here practice what they preach, and that's fine, this is why I don't preach. I can't do the things I don't want to do, guess I am in good company, Paul was the same. "For that which I do I know not, for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I". Paul good thing your not alive today and here, you would be rebuked into hell.

2014/4/1 20:41Profile

Re:

To further elaborate on what I said before your post Bill, is that we don't ask Paul or Peter or John what we can watch. We ask the Lord Jesus. And what Paul or Peter or John did say in the Scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

But, each person should be in tune with the living Lord Jesus who is within them. It is easy to ask Him, but do we want the answer? Many don't want the answer so they never ask Him, just lean upon their own understanding, making decisions apart from Him. We have all done that and understand what I am saying.

2014/4/1 22:47
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The problem with the Church in America is that we've stopped following Jesus message and started following each others.

2014/4/2 9:40Profile

Re:

Yes, Bill, that is why Christ said He "hated the deeds of the Nicolaitans", TWICE! I don't recall Him saying that (twice) about anything else.

Christ hates the deeds of those that come between Him and His sheep. I can certainly understand why.

2014/4/2 11:49
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I wrote:

Quote:
It seems like it's always the same posters opposing carnality and the same posters defending it and opposing God's Word even after they are clearly shown the error from Scripture. The same goes for opposing and defending God's truth in other areas of doctrine.

I realized those comments were mean-spirited and out of place. I sincerely apologize for them.

2014/4/4 0:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy