SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Debate on Nonresistance versus Just War Theory

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is this EST or CST?

I am almost certain it is EST. Let us pray for Dean Taylor and David Bercot that the Lord will give them great wisdom to answer from Scriptures that the little flock of God does not fight rather prays and follows their Lord.

2014/3/28 11:33Profile

Re: ProudPapa

Hmm. How can ask this tactfully? Who persecuted the Anabaptist? The Catholics or the Calvinists? For that matter. Who cane up with just war and faught such? The Catholics or the Calvinists?

Blaine

2014/3/28 12:59
proudpapa

Re:

Hi Blain

RE : ///Who cane up with just war and faught such? The Catholics or the Calvinists?///

Catholic Augustine whom they both hold in high esteem

2014/3/28 13:04Profile

Re:

Who needs a debate on this? We can figure it out right here on SI. We have the "mind of Christ". He is the One that really explains it all to us.

2014/3/28 13:13
proudpapa

Re:

Hi just-in

just-in wrote : ///Who needs a debate on this? We can figure it out right here on SI. We have the "mind of Christ". He is the One that really explains it all to us.///

This as is with many issues is not as cut and dry as those on both sides of the issue would have us to believe.

I would have preferred the debate to have been between Bercot, Taylor and bible believing evengelicals whom hold to a just war theory rather than it being against catholics whom hold to a just war theory.

I have Dean Taylors book, it was not convincing to me, When I honestly searched the Scriptures with total openess on the subject I found one Scripture on the subject and it is the Scripture that I hold to on the subject : Luke 3:14
(KJV)

14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him,(John the Baptist who was preparing the way) saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, (((Do violence to no man))), neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

2014/3/28 14:27Profile

Re:

Hey there, proudpapa,

You know, I am using a bit of satire. I certainly would extend to any Christian the freedom to check out any debate they think they have the liberty of watching. It's really none of my business. I was just trying to communicate that the deck is a bit stacked when you have the source of "Just War" (the RCC), backing it up. I think it would be instructive for any Christian who knows their Bible and the Lord, to see how the RCC justifies killing men, women and children. After all, they have done it for centuries and they are not finished, yet. They put a pretty polished spin on it, and you gotta hear it to believe it.

2014/3/28 15:14
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Both did.

Some say the Reformers were worse then the Catholics.

2014/3/28 15:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We posted this event also so brethren could be in prayer for David Bercot and Dean Taylor that the Lord would give them words to share from the Scriptures.

2014/3/28 15:26Profile

Re:

That is a very good point, Greg. I would like to see Peter Kreeft acknowledge Jesus instead of the Pope and many Catholics who may be watching.

2014/3/28 15:31
proudpapa

Re:

RE : ///I was just trying to communicate that the deck is a bit stacked when you have the source of "Just War" (the RCC), backing it up.///

I agree.

I would like to see an open and meek discussion with Bercot,Taylor and that of a True Brother whom might hold a view like what Charles Finney did.
I would like to see a searching of Scriptures on the subject instead of St Augustine/Thomas Aquinas vs Justin Martyr/Origen debate

2014/3/28 18:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy