SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Ukraine Misson Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support) Pray

While praying for Greg, Yolanda etc. tonight, I came across this very "right-on-target" verse:

[i]"The LORD preserves the strangers and [b]sustains the fatherless[/b] and the widow..." (Psalm 146:9a)[/i]

Let us continue to lift them up in prayer. Our God is the hearer and answerer of prayer!

2005/6/19 16:06Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street kids (Help Support) Pray

Quote:
"The LORD preserves the strangers and [b]sustains the fatherless[/b] and the widow..." (Psalm 146:9a)

Great verse brother

[i]20 O Lord, anoint the Ukraine* to praise Thee; anoint all of us here to praise Thee. Bring the buoyant breezes of Thy Holy Spirit upon us now.
Chambers, O.[/i]

(* The original had 'College' where Chambers taught)

2005/6/20 23:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street kids (Help Support) Pray

[u]June 21[/u]

[i]21 O Lord, rouse and quicken me so that my mortal flesh may indeed be the obedient, docile servant of Thy Spirit.[/i]
~Chambers, O.

And that we might pray aright

2005/6/21 10:38Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street kids (Help Support) Pray

Quote:
And that we might pray aright

Adding my agreement in prayer.

2005/6/21 10:42Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prayers in the Ukraine

Perhaps something different is in order.

"The best prayers often have more groans than words."
[John Bunyan (1628-1688)]

"I have often said it would be a thing very desirable, and very likely to be followed with a great blessing, if there could be some contrivance, that there should be an agreement of all God's people in America... to keep a Day of Fasting and Prayer to God; wherein, we should all unite on the same day... It seems to me, it would mightily encourage and animate God's saints, in humbly and earnestly seeking God, for such blessings which concerns them all; and that it would be much for the rejoicing of all, to think, that at the same time such multitudes of God's dear children, far and near, were sending up their cries to the same common Father for the same motives."
[Jonathan Edwards - 1742]

2005/6/23 0:27Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Prayers in the Ukraine

[i]“Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Rebuke the oppressor;
[b]Defend the fatherless,[/b]
Plead for the widow.” (Isaiah 1:17)[/i]

This is what Greg, Yolanda and the others in the Ukraine are doing: defending the cause of the fatherless. They are taking care for those guys, they are encouraging them, loving them…and I'm so glad God is giving me the privilege of joining them in prayer and serve the Lord in this way. Anyone else desiring to serve Jesus? Pray for these kids!

Do we even have a little of the compassion Jesus had/has?

Tonight I thought about the difference between the love that unbelievers give to people in need and the love we as believers should give them. A very short summary could be as followed:

Unbelievers bring love to the [b]homes[/b] of people, born-again Christians bring love to the [b]hearts[/b] of people!

Besides this, we know that the love which the world gives isn’t true love. We are only able to truly love people, because God has poured His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us (Romans 5:5).

Just take a look at this lovely, little boy:

...couldn't get his picture on...but here's a prayercard and he's in it as well: [url=http://www.calvarychapel.com/escondido/Prayer%20Cards.pdf]Orest (and other kids)[/url]

Seems all nice and well, doesn’t it? Well…not really. Orest, the name of this boy, is 8 years of age. He lives at home with five siblings that his mother abandoned and his grandmother cares for.

While praying for this little kid, a verse from the Psalms came to mind:

[i]Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me. (Psalm 27:10)[/i]

May these wonderful children meet Christ at the Ukranian Mission Trip; The One who said: [i]"I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you" (John 14:18)[/i]. May they meet Christ in Greg, Yolanda and the rest of the staff. May these children really “praise our Father in heaven”…may they get saved and may they get to know God as their loving Father. Their Abba. Man, that would really result in one heaven of a party in Heaven!

2005/6/24 16:12Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This may well come too late for viewing, but Godspeed to all. Will be praying, for the kids, for you guys, for everything the Lord would have you to do, just to be there for them and share your hearts is a great ministry. May they all see in tangible things the Lord shining through.

Thanks Mike and others for your prayers for this mission trip. I am writing this from Kyiv, Ukraine in an internet cafe. The 2 weeks of the summer camp is over and was a great success, it ran very smoothly and the Lord was definetly working. I will share more in detail of all the happenings, pictures and many other great things that I was able to experience. Please do continue to pray for me, yolanda and kelly, for our saftey here in Kyiv and our safe journey back on this upcoming week. I am looking forward to getting back to america and to share what the Lord is doing here with the street children.

2005/7/2 10:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Ah! Wonderful!

Praise God brother!

Hehe...Thought you were home already. So good to hear your voice friend. Can't wait to hear all that has gone on. We will surely keep you all in our prayers, let Yodi and Kelly and all know that they are in our hearts and prayers here.

And the kids,

Luk 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

All my love to you guy's.

2005/7/2 10:25Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Ah! Wonderful!

Well, we're back home from our trip to Ukraine. We got back home to California at about 5:00 pm on Wednesday, July 6th. I took yesterday off from work and today I'm back in the church office.

I got my pictures developed yesterday and am excited about updating the prayer cards for each one of the kids and writing up my official report letter. However, these two projects will be on hold for just a bit until I can get access to digital photos. I'm going to go through my negatives to pick the prints I want put onto CD's. And then when Greg's back in the office, he's supposed to transfer all the digital photos he has of camp onto my computer here in the office.

So we'll have some good stuff for you guys to look at and read soon. Thank you once again for your prayers and your interest in our trip. Stay tuned!

2005/7/8 12:56Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Well, it has been almost 3 weeks being away and I am very glad and thankful for being back. The airplane flights were quite long there and back. There was one intial flight from San Diego across the entire states that takes about 5 hours, then there is another flight from the states across the entire ocean to ansterdam, Holand that takes about 7-8 hours. Then from Holand there is another connecting flight that takes about 4 hours to get to Kyiv, Ukraine. In total its about 12-16 hours of flight time and also all the time in the airports checking in, going through security, waiting for flights to board and take off, walking around airports. So its almost an entire 24 hours in airports!! [sigh]

But its not all toturous even though I am 6 foot 6 so I barely fit into the airplane seats. But seeing some of the sights in the airports was tremendous and also seeing out the window and the fact that we are traveling across the ocean, england, etc was a really cool feeling. I really enjoyed the Ansterdam Airport.. it really gave me a neat feeling at first being in a different culture, I liked the way that everything seemed so perfect and organized in that airport and also the city seemed like that from the sky. I would really love to go back to Holand for a vacation to visit and see around that beautiful country.

Once we got into the Ukrainian airport the reality hit that we are not in America anymore. Everything was different except that there were cokes :P The airport had one little food place that only had ukrainian food which seemed peculair to me at first. All the signs were Russian so there was barely any english at all. Driving from the Airport to the camp was an unique experience also, the roads and the signs were all different and even the way the cars were.. most people drive manual in Ukraine.

The poverty and difference from America in Ukraine was very noticible. It is a beautiful country but you can notice quite easily that there are many poor people or not as well off people as in America or other countries. The camp grounds when I first saw them seemed very ghettoish to me and I couldn't believe that we would be having kids stay here to call it a camp. But I got quite used to it quickly and it did become a great camp for the street kids.

It is amazing trying to work with kids that don't speak your language, they so want to try and talk to you but you not understanding them is so hard. These kids we were ministering to were not usual kids, they have been quite hardened and toughened up physically, mentally, emotionally. All the kids seemed very physically strong and were VERY rough for just being kids. There were quite a few older kids ages 14-19 there also, I worked mostly with these kids with Yolanda, Kelly and others.

The camp was 2 weeks and very long days, God definetly gave me and the other team members strength. There were many times for me to spiritually encourage other staff members and at times the kids. I had opportunities to spend some good time in the word of God each day so I had great devotional times. During the time in Ukraine I went through the entire book of Romans (verse by verse) and also the first 7 chapters of 1 Corinthians (verse by verse). It is amazing how many great truths God showed me while at the camp. So it was a very rich time not just in working with the kids but being blessed from the Scriptures.

I was able to meet some great people and friends on staff. There was one fellow named Joel who was 25 years old from Liverpool, England. He was a professional football (soccer) player, and was now retired and getting his phd in football. He was a very interesting man and we had great talks and times together. The kids mostly play football and its there one great love so having a professional to train and coach them was very special. I was blessed to see Joel teach and coach the kids for the first week. It really seemed that the first entire week just revolved around football (soccer). Joel left after the first week and gave medals to every child! It was a great time.

I also met Sergei who is an Calvary Chapel pastor from Minsk, Belarus which is the country ontop of Ukraine. He was a great individual with a very good sense of humor, he spoke russian and pretty good english so we had lots of time to talk and fellowship. I really left feeling he was a good friend and I would love to go meet him and see his fellowship one day.

After the 2 weeks of camp the opportunity because of visa's to go to belarus didn't work out. So we stayed in Kyiv for 4 days in peoples small flats. It was an iteresting time and there was time to go around Kyiv and sight see some great things. During this time we had the opportunity to go to were some of the kids of the camp lived, it was in the worst part of Kyiv. It was quite saddening to think that they lived in these conditions. But it was great to see a few of the kids again and have another official good-bye.

There is much more to share and talk about but I will relent for now. I am going to be working on a slideshow of pictures and video to present to the church and get online hopefully. Also I want to start getting some pictures to put up onto SermonIndex. If anyone has any questions please let me know in the meanwhile.

Thank you for your support and prayers !!! they were definetly needed and it was amazing how at times I felt the prayers of Gods people. If you still feel led to help support there is a need for some of the costs still to be covered. And another side note is that I feel compelled to help support this street kids ministry in Kyiv Ukraine. There are over 45,000 street kids in Kyiv right now.. I will post more about that later also. But if you would like to help give to that even a few dollars a month let me know. It would be great to have $50-100 going monthly from SermonIndex to this great ministry. (I will tell more about who runs this ministry also when I post more).

2005/7/8 13:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy