SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

nice flyer!

and yea i will keep you all in prayer, and look forward to meet you at Schiphol!

stay close!

in Him

William

2005/6/15 12:32Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Great News[/b]

I just recieved this email from the mission co-ordinator here is a clip of it:

"It is BEAUTIFUL. It's about 30km outside Kyiv so it's quite a hike from anything but the site itself sits in the gorgeous Ukrainian countryside. There aren't any other groups there with us and we'll have an entire dorm to ourselves with (get this!) sitting toilets AND showers in our building with hot water TWICE a day! (Of course, there was no water at all when we visited so do keep your fingers crossed). Accordingly, I give permission to those who have been to previous camps to use the phrase, "well, back when we didn't have toilets..." as often as they'd like... On all the beds there are sheets, blanket, and pillows...however, depending on how cleanliness oriented you are you might still want to bring your own sleeping bag or pillow.

The weather is wonderful. It generally rains in a brief shower once a day which keeps the humidity at bay. It's between 70-80 during the day and down in the 50s at night. Would like to warn anyone with allergies that they'll want to come prepared as there is tons of 'fluff' in the air from these trees all over Kyiv."

This is very much an answer to prayer that a good facility would be procured and that it would work out. Praise God for what He is doing. Keep praying saints that these children would feel and sense the love of Jesus.

2005/6/16 11:55Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Dear Greg, Yolanda and Kelly,

I pray you will have a blessed trip and a wonderful time in the Ukraine.

"Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

Have a great time there, while attending the "School of Christ".

Your brother,

Paul

2005/6/17 5:24Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Yolanda posted this on her blog:

[b]Fun Facts About Ukraine[/b]
- Independence day celebrated August 24th
- Ukraine is NOT Russia!
- Communal living is common (a bunch of people cramped in one apartment)
- It's believed that garlic has magical and medicinal values
- A rule of etiquitte is always offering to share snacks and cigarettes with others, including strangers
- It's believed if a woman sits at the corner of a table, she won't get married for 7 years
- It's believed that knocking on wood is good luck
- Standing with your hands in your pockets when meeting someone is rude because you're supposed to shake hands
- It's believed if a knife falls on the floor, a male will visit; a spoon, a female
- Chewing gum in public is not considered polite
- It's believed if you leave something behind unintentionally, it means you will come back
- Don't put your thumb between your index and middle fingers; it's a particularly rude gesture
- An unwed mother is considered a disgrace, but a divorced woman raising children is expected
- Pets are popular with Ukrainians, especially dogs; cats are less visible
- Jokes about excessive alcohol intake, bureaucratic inefficiencies and corruption, the New Rich/New Russians, and the mafia are the most popular

[b]My Trip[/b]
As most of you know, I'm going on this trip to Ukraine to help out at a camp for street kids for 2 weeks. I just got an email today saying that the camp is about 25 miles outside of Kyiv, in the beautiful countryside of Ukraine. So I should have some nice pictures when I get back! A lot of these kids (mostly boys) are addicted to using glue as a narcotic. Some are involved in crime, and probably most have been a witness to one. Probably most of them beg or steal to survive. Some live at home with a poor family, some have guardians that are abusive and don't take care of them at all, some live in a flat (apartment) with several other street kids, and others live in orphanages. The purpose of this camp is to love these kids, encourage them to make positive life changes, and most of all, to find hope and purpose in a life lived for God. Please keep me and the rest of us going in your prayers. And don't forget to pray for these kids! Thank you!

---

read the whole blog here with images of ukraine:
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=flame_of_fire

2005/6/17 12:34Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

I would ask SermonIndex to keep us in prayer. I packed last night and got a few things I needed. Like a traveling back for $15 what a deal! :)

I think I am pretty much ready as the Lord goes with me to minister and I am sure show me many things about myself also. Please pray for the unity of the group that is ministering.

Me, Yolanda and Kelly are leaving tommorow morning early for the whole day flight to Ansterdam and then to Ukraine.

I won't be able to post I don't think much in the next 3 weeks so please keep us in prayer and this ministry also. The moderators will be active on the site for immediate crucial questions. ie (Mike).

2005/6/17 12:38Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Well... I come on here to post about the [url=http://www.xanga.com/flame_of_fire]Ukrainian Icons[/url] (people, places and things Ukrainian from personal photos) I made on my xanga site and ask for prayer... but Greg already covered those two things. So what do I really have left to say? Well, it was cool... after making all those icons (about 30) and posting the fun little facts and brief description about our trip, I browsed the xanga blogrings for anyone associated with the word "Ukraine". I went on people's pages that I thought would be interested in checking out my icons. And now I have a few Ukrainians subscribed to my xanga page. I'm excited! I'm hoping they will get blessed by the other stuff that's on my page too. What a great ministry! =)

Well, the only specific prayer I have is for sleep. I have a slight headache which no medicine could take away because it's due to lack of sleep. For the past few nights, I've been up past midnight preparing for my trip. Tonight I have a dinner for my brother who's leaving for boot camp in July, and as Greg mentioned, we're leaving really early tomorrow morning for the airport. I have to sort of race home during my lunch break and finish packing. I hope to be completely ready tonight so I can pretty much just role out of bed tomorrow morning. So pray that I wouldn't get stressed out and that I could get the sleep I need tonight. Other than that, I'm confident of the glorious work God's going to do through this camp and all of us going to help out. Can't wait to give you all a report when we get back! Thanks for your support!

2005/6/17 14:40Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Just getting off the phone with brother Mike (crsschk) and Jesse (larazus1719), I am very blessed to know so many great brothers and sisters that interlink on SI!! thanks for all the prayers for this mission trip! I am amazed and staggared at how many people are lifting me and this team up in prayer to be fruitful for this mission.

I look forward to what the Lord will be doing.

2005/6/17 16:27Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support) Pray

This may well come too late for viewing, but Godspeed to all. Will be praying, for the kids, for you guys, for everything the Lord would have you to do, just to be there for them and share your hearts is a great ministry. May they all see in tangible things the Lord shining through.

From Oswald Chambers personal diary, thought these might be something to draw from, to continue others prayers for our friends on this trip...

[u]June 17[/u]

[i]O Lord, I do thank Thee for the relief and inspiration, the almost effulgence of joy, that has flowed into me and visited my inner kingdom. Fill me now with Thy calm peace.[/i]

~Oswald Chambers
[i]Knocking At God’s Door[/i] 1957.

2005/6/18 0:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support) Pray

Our brethren will be shortly on their way, that we might give them wings of prayer to safely glide upon...

[u]June 18[/u]

[i] O Lord, grant that this day may end for ever the self-consciousness that enfeebles us in Thy service, and may we be conscious only of Jesus.[/i]

~Chambers, O.

A little P.S. here, these kids are going to [i]love[/i] Greg, a gentle giant he is ;-)

2005/6/18 9:55Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Ukraine Misson Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support) Pray

[u]June 19[/u]

[i]O Lord, how I long for Thee to bring me face to face with Thyself! My soul thirsteth for Thee, for the touch of Thy grace, the breathing of Thy Spirit.[/i]

[i]O Lord, touch all our lives with Thine energising power and loving-kindness and beauty; make it a time of the unveiling of Thy Face. This seems to be all my prayer.[/i]

~Chambers, O.

2005/6/19 13:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy